CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have BY FAR the most posts and interaction on these forums out of any pro player. If you want proof go look and filter to pro players. If you think that's the only time I come here you're just wrong or new around here. Batchford doesn't count either I'm still not convinced he's real. But when I get on here daily and today I get on and see people complaining and insulting myself and my team for not going across the country (and into the country for Royal 2) for an event that has no importance or real incentive, then yea I'm going to say something. It's not a circuit like it use to be, it's just a couple random half assed events to get people to shut up about open events. Do it right or not at all, and these are NOT done right. It's a week before thanksgiving and finals are like 3 weeks after it. Most teams are still gonna be it'll be fine.

Again i dont defend personal attacks on yall. Every decision we dont like has been made by 343 and esl. You are very active and i appriciate that. You also know how much weight you hold within comp halo so its a hard pill to swallow to not see you at the event. The frustrations keep mounting and it remains toughto stay positive and hope for the future. Im sorry if our frustation at the organizers spill over to you and other pros

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sucks Optic isn't going, but it's 100% 343's fault. As they have said, there's pretty much zero incentive to go. I will say Vegas is a great place for an event though, if I didn't have a 1 month old daughter, I would've gone in a heartbeat since it's there.

People complain about how the events are poorly timed, on the west coast, have low prize pools and that teams will not attend due to this.

Teams do not attend due to this and probable other factors.

People hate on players who aren't attending as they should attend despite all previous complaints about how poorly the events are run.

what_the_hell_parks_rec.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

the HCS Council 

We still don't even know who/what this is lmfao. I guess it was the testing sessions with the players back in June/July? Probably a nonexistent concept at this point because its clear they have no drive to make optimal settings anymore.

Ghost worked on the FFA settings but its clear Arena is being left untouched.

Obligatory "whos on the hcs council" post.

Hey guys how is it going in here? Oh.... Alright nvm.

This place has been increasingly more hostile and not even fun for anybody in the past month or so.

Sorry I ruined Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The word entitled should be banned from discussion here. It's so overused it's the new "literally".

• Upvote (+1) 6

The word entitled should be banned from discussion here. It's so overused it's the new "literally".

#makebeyondstr8again

And the word triggered.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If personal reasons come into play for not turning out to LANs then I will be the last person to bite them in the arse for it.

I suppose the reason people are angry, the community and pros asked for open events, they got open events, and people arent attending anyway. Efforts been put in but not given back.

Again, no bitching to people who cant attend for reasons they don't wish to disclose, but not going for the sake of "too little money" is a bit of a dick answer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

was there very much anger directed at all of the top teams who weren't at the last LAN that optic was at?

I mean, Lethul isn't wrong at all. I would say I used to refresh the crap out of this thread in particular and loved to read everything. The past month or so, I just haven't enjoyed it as much as I used to. It's so negative, but I understand why it is. I wish it wasn't like this, but it is all we have left.

Also, thinking Batchford doesn't exist? Not cool Lethul. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everyone complaining about pros not attending Las Vegas are probably the same people that begged for a midwest open event and still didn't show up to St. Louis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man LG literally haven't attended any LAN events. No idea how I feel about that

Say what you want about E6 but at least they are attending basically every event. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Efforts been put in but not given back.

what kind of efforts is the question it seems a lot of pros are asking, and it doesn't seem out of line to me at all. 

the amount of effort 343 puts into h5 LAN events is about perfectly symmetrical with the amount of effort i see pros/gaming orgs putting into it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nevmawz.png

26. Suspector - 0.407

27. PreDevonator - 0.383

28. Ace - 0.375

28. Naded - 0.375

30. Pistola - 0.370

31. Cratos - 0.339

32. Lunchbox - 0.306

god ily, i spend like 5mins+ starting at each one of your posts

ketchupkrewkids

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man LG literally haven't attended any LAN events. No idea how I feel about that

Say what you want about E6 but at least they are attending basically every event.

Not every team has a private jet.

Wasnt it snakebite who came in here talking about how these open events should be mandatory and now his team isnt attending? Ffs if an eu team is going, optic has no excuse.

If you're trying to call SB a hypocrite, I'd ask that you at least consider that possible his other teammates may not have been able to attend. Or some org stuff might be going on, we really don't know. Naded on the other hand... I like the guy, but not going to Vegas because you didn't make finals shows that you don't particularly care about the scene or community. Hopefully, both rumors are not true, but either way, we'll find out soon enough.

One of the pros that already has skins released can correct me where I'm wrong right now, but I think the split is 25/25/50 among Org+343 (Dev)+Microsoft (Platform) respectively.

I'd prefer 343's 25% not go to the tournament, but rather to development.

I also wish, however, they'd do a Compendium-like system for updating the prize pool in real time and give us milestones where, if you reach x milestone, you get y new content.

1.5 Million = Reach GL

2 Million = Construct Remake

2.5 Million = Joke Skin / Armor Set

3 Million = Extraction Gametype Added

Out of curiosity, where did you get the info on the split?

I think so, especially since it wasn't an HCS sanctioned event+it was east coast. Community was hoping to kinda rally behind it and that it blew hcs events/west coast events out of the water to show 343/esl.

Not just pro teams or am teams but spectators too.

edit: wrong event.

thanks. i wasn't on here much during that time, so i couldn't recall. or maybe i was, and my memory's just not so good. coin flip. 

The best thing to come from this season is T2 and Elamite. The casting and bringing back Str8 Rippin.

Great story lines this season in all fairness, I loved the last week of Pro League more than I do H5 as a whole 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If personal reasons come into play for not turning out to LANs then I will be the last person to bite them in the arse for it.

I suppose the reason people are angry, the community and pros asked for open events, they got open events, and people arent attending anyway. Efforts been put in but not given back.

Again, no bitching to people who cant attend for reasons they don't wish to disclose, but not going for the sake of "too little money" is a bit of a dick answer.

When we asked for open events, I believe the part where the game works, events are worth going to and the HCS/League being well run were implied. But apparently, that's not true. That's why people don't attend these events. Because 343 is handling things poorly and chooses to not even acknowledge the issues of the game or the league. Hopefully, this was just due to the transfer of community management, but that is not enough of an excuse.

Everyone complaining about pros not attending Las Vegas are probably the same people that begged for a midwest open event and still didn't show up to St. Louis.

The issue I heard for St. Louis is that it wasn't a real "LAN." Why pay for a team to travel just to play online.

I mean, Lethul isn't wrong at all. I would say I used to refresh the crap out of this thread in particular and loved to read everything. The past month or so, I just haven't enjoyed it as much as I used to. It's so negative, but I understand why it is. I wish it wasn't like this, but it is all we have left.

^THIS

I may still be considered a Beyond noob but I've noticed at straight decline from when I did join on opening night of pro league this season. Look, I understand the frustration but, at least to me, it looks like people are taking it out on the pros when as they have said it's truly the system. I went from avidly reading every post to skimming most and sometimes skipping large amounts of pages just filled with rants and it's an unfortunate truth.

Yes, the community asked for LANs but (and I'm too lazy to go all the way back and quote some) as so many people said when they announced them we ALL noticed they were going to "fail" and it was to no fault of the hosts or players. The issue was always with the locations and dates. Now that exactly this has happened the same people are acting surprised that teams aren't attending? The only thing that's changed is the game stability has harshly deteriorated. I hardly play anymore myself (although I always watch the pros on twitch nevertheless) and it saddens me because I love the game but losing games because of the game being broken and not because I'm bad is just infuriating.

Ignore it all you all want, but don't let the frustration that is towards the developers end up towards eachother. People that come in asking a dumb question and receiving a spiteful answer is just another person likely to not return. That's one less person not vested in the struggle of growing the voice of competitive Halo, and one less person to likely sit through the piss poor execution 343 puts out with spectator mode knowing there's a group fighting to get it fixed. There are ways to express frustration without deterring people who want to join in the conversation and turning that aggression towards the pros.

On a side note @@SnakeBite or @@LethuL is it that everyone can't attend from your team or is there a possibility one or some of you guys will form a pickup team due to Vegas being a more fun location to attend an event at? Not asking if one of you WILL just basically asking who 100% CAN'T attend really.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1