CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

5th and 6th place hmm..  I forget since it's been awhile since I read the rules, but do the players get one or two pats on the back for their accomplishments?  

-saltyDot

5th ­ $9,000
 6th ­ $8,000

I think it's time we speculate about E6 now.

Whether or not they make it through regulations, it would seem that some change is in order. Since the decision to remove Stellur from the team, it they've been unable to achieve the highs they had with him.

I think we'll see how strong this "family" is. Cratos appear to be the one who holds the most favor with the ownership, but (at least to me) he appears to be the weakest link. In the event of a breakup, which two players do we think would hold the roster spot? Who will be seeking a new team? Will the salaries keep people in place? Will E6 be willing to keep the salaries as they are?

so many questions.

No team changes but team mansion coming. Yes mansion, team houses are for broke orgs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5th and 6th place hmm..  I forget since it's been awhile since I read the rules, but do the players get one or two pats on the back for their accomplishments?  

-saltyDot

Three pats in the back and an email from ESL that says, "At least you tried"

I know that EG ended their season on a good note, but it's really unfortunate to see RoyBox not qualify for the playoffs again. I really do wish them well moving forward and hope that they stick around for next year's Halo World Championship.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see bubu leaving e6 being more likely than cratos being dropped.

My prediction is E6 doesn't get knocked out of pro league. Then Suspector and Cratos hold the seed as Shooter and Bubu leave.

Now if Cratos can find a team mate we'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@CyReN

You are contextualizing incorrectly... mad hard.

With all 8 teams, ESL would need to run TWO tournaments, not just one with 10 teams.

- 4 Team, Double-Elim Relegation Tournament

- 8 Team, Double-Elim Finals Tournament

While I think it is EASILY possible, you gotta have the right information before putting Adam on a pedestal. Especially with the desire for Best of 7's in Halo now, running two of those in two days could become difficult with their situation.

(IIRC, most of the matches last finals were BO7, which can make a series last up to hours.)

I'm hoping that eventually we get to see all of the teams compete at finals but it's best if we present correct information so we can actually weigh/present options for ESL to implement.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Then go back to my post where I said that maybe its not the right format for a weekend. Also no matter what scenario you map out above, that entire thing could be streamed with multiple streams or more show days. My post covers everything you posted about. Not looking for a pedestal, just pointing out that not showing important matches for a small tournament is a flaw in the structure and/or the production.

Not trying to insult or flame you, I'm iust not a fan of misinformation, so I felt the need to correct.

There definitely is no excuse to not stream all matches.

However, if I remember correctly, there was scheduling issues at the Summer finals because of the venue. (according to Che, so take that as you will)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Funny?

When do these EU teams play? Ive never seen them. Or are they mixed in? I pretty much recognise all the pros and none are EU as far as I know.

You guys are unbelievably hostile here. H5 esports is not a popular scene. Chill the fuck out people. A lot of people do not know all the details of this stuff and literally every time i've reached out in this thread I either get a nice helpful response from a mod or an admin or a complete asshat reply from regular posters and tons of negs.

This place will never grow if this is the attitude you guys all have.

-29 for asking a question. Idiots.

Wait

There are EU teams?

There is no way to interpret your above post as anything but disrespect.  I have seen you in this thread enough to know that there is NO WAY you didn't know there was an EU pro league.  If you want to backtrack, make an actual apology not give an excuse.  And if it was supposed to be a legitimate question there are a myriad of other way you could have asked that would have gotten you legit answers.

My prediction is E6 doesn't get knocked out of pro league. Then Suspector and Cratos hold the seed as Shooter and Bubu leave.

Now if Cratos can find a team mate we'll see.

All other members will leave.  Suspector, shooter and bubu are better than cratos and haven't burned all their bridges.  That leaves Cratos as a To1, so unless he picks up a pair of players that are already on a team he is out.  Providing they survive relegation.  Thats my hope anyway, obviously anything but that is probably going to happen haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe the finals shouldn't have been held at a Kpop convention with limited show hours/days? 

Precisely.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then go back to my post where I said that maybe its not the right format for a weekend. Also no matter what scenario you map out above, that entire thing could be streamed with multiple streams or more show days. My post covers everything you posted about. Not looking for a pedestal, just pointing out that not showing important matches for a small tournament is a flaw in the structure and/or the production.

The matches aren't actually scheduled as they're just a fiction so they're not being missed per se. Top4 pro league invited as a finale to the season with another tournament for relegation happening the same weekend.

What people want is relegation tournament to take place which then flows into a full top 8 team double elim bracket (which is obviously quite a big difference). It's feasible but relies on stretching whatever budget they had to accommodate 2 more teams for the weekend as well as the almost certain increase to production equipment / man hours.

It's already been explained that it's not happening for this season, people just like to moan. Thanks for your response though.

Relegation flowing into playoffs would make the regular season sort of worthless. 

Considering the current state of Halo 5 online, regular season should only be for seeding and deciding which teams face relegation (and money).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Considering the current state of Halo 5 online, regular season should only be for seeding and deciding which teams face relegation (and money).

I can buy what you're selling there, not familiar with the state of online right now. Back in the day we did it like this:

1 Pro Circuit Point > 1 Combine point > 1 Gamebattles point to account for how bad online was compared to today. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Relegation flowing into playoffs would make the regular season sort of worthless. 

Seeding and money no?  

I would be fine with the teams that survive relegation starting in the loser's bracket for champs or even relegation then a 6 game tourney with the rest of the league teams. Although the latter isn't the dream scenario for me, i could understand the logistical argument.  No matter how you slice it, having any teams in the pro league not included in the finals tourney is unacceptable.

The singular event that got me watching competitive halo in the first place was 5K making their way through open to finish top 4 in Halo 2.  I think i literally crapped my pants from that and i can definitively say that is what made me want to compete at events (where i got totally thrashed but still had a hell of a time). Seeing an AM team relegate a pro league team, then finish top 3 or 4 in the champ tournament would be hype as fuck as a spectator.  I want the chance for others to experience what i did years ago, which the current structure doesn't allow.  preaching to the choir here a little i know haha

Pro league teams might feel threatened by that, but if they don't want that to happen then they should fight for favorable seeding and not lose to an AM team.

I can buy what you're selling there, not familiar with the state of online right now. Back in the day we did it like this:

1 Pro Circuit Point > 1 Combine point > 1 Gamebattles point to account for how bad online was compared to today. 

Right now Online is trash for Halo.  Ghost melee's and a bug that will randomly kick a player from a game, forcing it to be replayed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Top 4 teams play in the winners bracket, 5/6th start from the losers bracket, and 7/8th are in relegation playing against the top 2 AMs for their pro league spot.

My only problem with the current format is that the 5/6 teams sit around and do nothing until next season.

The actual tournament bracket can be stream from the main stream with full production. Lets call this stream alpha. Relegation on a 2nd stream with limited production(Bravo stream). Every team that is not top 4 must pay their own way to the tournament.

Edit: The last sentence is questionable. I only suggested this because ESL/ HCS seem to be very stingy with the money spent for the 2 day tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 4 teams play in the winners bracket, 5/6 start from the losers bracket, and 7/8 are in relegation playing against the top 2 AMs for their pro league spot.

My only problem with the current format is that the 5/6 teams sit around and do nothing until next season.

Exactly.  The fact that some teams are left out is not good.  The exact format that will fix that is debatable and honestly there are a bunch of good options that we could be happy with.  I don't see why for this season they couldn't pick one that requires the smallest expansion of resources and fit it into 2 days.  They have a month to work on the logistics.  The separate relegation and 6 team tourney structure would probably be the easiest since all that really does is change the 4 team champ tourney into a 6 team champ tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 times at a final would completely go against 343s agenda. They have been pushing the importance of an online pro league for a long time now.

let's say ateam like allegiance finished top 4 at finals, when in the online pro league they were dead last. This basically shows how unreliable an online pro league is.

by having 4 teams at a finals they are falsely justifying the online league by saying "these are obviously the best teams and only teams who deserve to be here". Plus it's probably a lot a lot easier to only have relegation and the finals rather than having relegation + 8 teams battling it out which can be seen as cop out.

Regardless 343/ESL is always going to have excuses then of course after a year or more of complaints from the entire community they'll finally make a change and say how much they are listening to the community. Then the cycle will repeat with another issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes I think I'm insane and then swoops in and confirms that our problems really are silly and it might actually be as simple as it appears to fix if someone was willing to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

As with every season, every team that doesn't get 1st will make changes. In Halo it's inevitable. 

I could see Str8 staying together, and i hope they do