CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So proud of Str8. PLEASE let OpTic win this series. Either way though, being an aPG fanboy and all, my interest in HCS took a big hit when he was out. Coming back with old OpTic last season brought it back up, but this season has really helped me to remember why I love this community and why I love watching aPG play halo so much.

Also, aPG is RIPPIN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this sound like fun to anybody? Sounds like great fun to me.

Y'know, because when I watch a Halo event, I want to see as much Halo as possible. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT A LAN IS FOR.

If my math is correct, that's a maximum of 22 series. 11 series in a day doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ESL is starting to seem like a really stingy company honestly like the reason they can't stream both EU twice a night because it's "too costly" and now we can't have all 8 teams at finals for the same reason.

Give me a fucking break it's not like ESL is hemorrhaging money here there's no reason for them to be so cheap with Halo especially if these changes would help Halo as a whole grow. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Timo actually believes any of the shit he is saying then I'm done with ESL, they don't get it.

I like to believe he is saying these things because he has to to support the decisions that were made.

2 fucking days is plenty for an 8 team LAN. Enough with the fucking 10% Halo & 90% filler.

I dont think hes being naive, I just think he should ask MLG how to pull it off logistically

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Timo actually believes any of the shit he is saying then I'm done with ESL, they don't get it.

I like to believe he is saying these things because he has to to support the decisions that were made.

2 fucking days is plenty for an 8 team LAN. Enough with the fucking 10% Halo & 90% filler.

i know next to nothing about running an event, but is halo even at the point financially where ESL can support that? Is is strictly a money thing that is keeping this from happening or just difference in opinion? @@Timo

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESL is starting to seem like a really stingy company honestly like the reason they can't stream both EU twice a night because it's "too costly" and now we can't have all 8 teams at finals for the same reason.

Give me a fucking break it's not like ESL is hemorrhaging money here there's no reason for them to be so cheap with Halo especially if these changes would help Halo as a whole grow.

ESL pays for travel and hotel. If these orgs pulled their weight we might see more teams going

• Upvote (+1) 4

ESL pays for travel and hotel. If these orgs pulled their weight we might see more teams going

If it's really too expensive then they should ask Microsoft for more money to accommodate the extra teams like that's a drop in the bucket for Microsoft. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

8 teams in 2 days is too much? L O L I guess fitting in more Warzone montages than Pro gameplay is what they are going for.

Now imagine if Halo was a huge game and we had lots and lots of teams. We would need 1 month to run a tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The idea that the financial outlay would be significantly higher to have an 8 team LAN is a terrible argument. Drop the filler in the broadcasts and push the games through. No reason to have to rent out an extra day or have the extra expensive of another day. These teams have orgs and there is $225k of money up for grabs, I'm sure they can handle getting them to the event. If ESL decided to pay for travel, that was their decision and their fault.

Look at what UGC did, more teams for less money and better production. OC even.

Honestly, I'm getting disgusted with the effort ESL is putting into tournament formats and organization. It should not be this hard to have an 8 team, double elimination LAN in 2 days.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As pumped as I am about Str8 getting into finals, I feel bad for Luminosity. They're a great team.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Couldn't be happier that Str8 is heading to finals. Wish it didn't have to come at LG's expense though. Great team, and wish we could see Naded on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 3