CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has anyone done any number crunching to see what the series scores would need to be for them to take the fourth seed assuming that LG loses today/tomorrow.

NV snagging the #1 seed gives them a great chance to win season finals because they now have red side. Mikwen was great tonight, if he carries that performance on to LAN, NV have all the ingredients to take down Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Has anyone done any number crunching to see what the series scores would need to be for them to take the fourth seed assuming that LG loses today/tomorrow.

If LG goes 0-2 and Str8 goes 2-0, Str8 gets fourth seed.  Series score is irrelevant, Str8 will have more match wins.  

They had red team at OC in the first series, why does red increase their chances greatly?

Specifically any gametype on The Rig gives them a great chance to take those games from you unless they completely shit the bed. Just the high potential of snowballing in favor of them. 80% of the games at OC between ya'll were very close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Specifically any gametype on The Rig gives them a great chance to take those games from you unless they completely shit the bed. Just the high potential of snowballing in favor of them. 80% of the games at OC between ya'll were very close.

Even if what you are saying had any truth, which I don't believe it does at all, rig would just be vetoed by everyone blue side us included. You're overestimating the side advantage for sure, 99% of games aren't won from the starting spawns. Our series at OC as blue team was actually way easier than the winners finals where we were red. 

EDIT: I didn't wanna say it without knowing for sure, but I just checked and in that first series game 2 and 3 were both Rig Slayer and Rig SH. 

Tibby you prolly wanna read that last part too, analysts have ruined halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

They had red team at OC in the first series, why does red increase their chances greatly?

This is a big part of it.

Coli CTF is also partially red-favored because of how the geometry is laid out for the caves for a player who's Royal 2ing with snipe.

I don't think what color they are ultimately affects the outcome, but being Red is definitely an advantage when both teams generally like Rig.

Even if what you are saying had any truth, which I don't believe it does at all, rig would just be vetoed by everyone blue side us included. You're overestimating the side advantage for sure, 99% of games aren't won from the starting spawns. Our series at OC as blue team was actually way easier than the winners finals where we were red. 

Statistically speaking, Red team wins Rig TS and Rig SH more often than the average Red vs Blue win rate, which implies there is a Red-favor.

It is not NEARLY as prominent as Blue-side Stasis, but it is there, statistically speaking.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If LG goes 0-2 and Str8 goes 2-0, Str8 gets fourth seed.  Series score is irrelevant, Str8 will have more match wins.  

Oh I misremembered there respective amount of wins I was thinking more in terms of if they were tied 7-7 since then it comes down to map percentage.

This is a big part of it.

Coli CTF is also partially red-favored because of how the geometry is laid out for the caves for a player who's Royal 2ing with snipe.

I don't think what color they are ultimately affects the outcome, but being Red is definitely an advantage when both teams generally like Rig.

Statistically speaking, Red team wins Rig TS and Rig SH more often than the average Red vs Blue win rate, which implies there is a Red-favor.

It is not NEARLY as prominent as Blue-side Stasis, but it is there, statistically speaking.

Statistically speaking look at my last post and the edit. #NotMyAnalyst 

• Upvote (+1) 5