CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

C'mon people, seriously.  What the fuck do you want from 343?  

A Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 6

It was pretty clear that's what he was targeting... if we truly want the scene to grow, that is definately a conversation that we need to encourage.

Make take: if you want casuals to be interested in Esports, first we have to eliminate the animosity brought on by forcing anyone interested in objective gametypes to be limited by HCS gametypes.

Then they need to dangle more carrots. There should be multiple req pack giveaways during all halo streams (and not the ones that disappear after one person uses it.

They also need to have a more interactive stream. Maybe have people tweet score predictions, and give winners a req pack.

At LANs they should have interesting showcase events like UGC.

Now I need to copy and paste this over at r/halo

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you want casuals to get interested in competitive Halo, it's always going to start with the core game first. At it's core, Halo 5 is a pretty bland casual game unless you absolutely love Warzone. What made Halo 1-3 so incredible for competitive players was how fun the game was from casual to MLG. You would have to pry me off my controller back in the day, now you have to beg me to get on.

I remember when I first got into competitive Halo, I saw a weird 3 letter gametype played in customs by XBL friends and had no idea this kind of thing existed. Did some quick googling and I was hooked on it since in 2005.

It's funny, you see Halo 4 having a pretty steep drop off in popularity because of how gimmicky and casual it was, then you have Halo 5 being overloaded with Arena and Warzone. 343i just needs to fine that happy medium between those 2 things. Along with have Day 1 features available from past games from the start and not played off as DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Take a few minutes out of your day and give them any sort of feedback you can.  Upvote some ideas that you agree with, downvote other ideas and give a counter-idea.  Maybe exert a little bit of effort to click a link and give some bullet points of issues you want addressed in the HCS.  The developer is actually asking what they can do to help more - tell them.

That's a nice speech, but to be perfectly frank, I think people have taken a few minutes out of many of their days for years to give them feedback and gotten basically fuck all out of it and the same thing applies to the past year with Halo 5. Do you really think it's out of left field to think it's a waste of time given the precedent set so far? Really?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I have rolled out an "in beta stage" of the Live scrim results page. I'll probably be in bed by the time NA teams start to scrim so wont be able to test it out.

Live Scrim Results

If pings when a game is added and the favicon in your browser tab should show a wee count icon.

If anyone could sit on this page during an ongoing scrim and let me know if it works that would be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That's a nice speech, but to be perfectly frank, I think people have taken a few minutes out of many of their days for years to give them feedback and gotten basically fuck all out of it and the same thing applies to the past year with Halo 5. Do you really think it's out of left field to think it's a waste of time given the precedent set so far? Really?

Do what you want, but in the time that it took you to post this you could have voiced your opinion on changes you want made to HCS to Ske7ch.

All of us have a pretty clear list of things we want to see changed or implemented in competitive play, so yes, it is hard for me to grasp the fact that you can't click a link, use your fingers to push some keys and list out an argument or two of what would help make Halo more competitive or more enjoyable to watch.

He's new to the role and even if we only have a sliver of a chance to influence his and 343's decisions, then we should at least try.  I know that we've all hated on 343 and we've all thought in the past that voicing are opinions wasn't worth it, but maybe Ske7ch is someone who can make a difference.

It's not that hard to just try.

• Upvote (+1) 5

First of all, I find it funny how the r/halo thread basically got hijacked by TB'ers, and now it's basically all of us asking him to come to TB lol.

Also, @@FrankieFourShot, I'd say <3000 people are even frequently on r/halo, just clearing that up.

@@Mhunterjr, REQ pack codes don't really work lol, I remember the last time they did this it basically boiled down to 1 guy on Waypoint watching the stream and posting codes.

First of all, I find it funny how the r/halo thread basically got hijacked by TB'ers, and now it's basically all of us asking him to come to TB lol.

Also, @@FrankieFourShot, I'd say <3000 people are even frequently on r/halo, just clearing that up.

@@Mhunterjr, REQ pack codes don't really work lol, I remember the last time they did this it basically boiled down to 1 guy on Waypoint watching the stream and posting codes.

Then they should make it more interactive. Send single use codes to viewers who respond to queries... or something. They need to be creative.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, I think ske7chs post was perfect posted on Reddit. He himself is an esports casual, he was asking the community that ISNT interested by the competitive side why they're not. I respect him trying to figure out what it would take to make them interested in it. Of course for improvements he's asking the wrong community but I like the fact he's trying to get more people that are like himself into esports

Edit: l8

Hit neg by accident.  :mj:

As long as 343 does a good job, who cares where they post. 

If the new community manager wants to venture here and post, he will be well received, if not, who cares.

All I really care about personally is that a good and competent job is being completed.

great post. I feel more people need to worry about this rather than what the most popular website for halo enthusiasts is or getting offended that 343 people dont post here.

watson.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

prayers for reticle fixes too

343 really needs to retire the word "Soon" altogether, everytime i see it now I am just triggered.

Is there some kind of handbook at 343 on how to communicate on social media?

I swear I have seen "More soon" "Soon" and "More on that later" about 100,000 times since MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, but its pretty shortsighted and shitty not to try again with the new guy.  Here we have a guy brought in who's only job is to listen to the community and help 343 implement that feedback appropriately.  He did it successfully at bungie for years (don't half the people here want bungie back or some shit? :kappa: ).  I think he's got a little more clout than bravo ever did.  That's a guess of course, and im not trying to disparage Bravo here at all, but he has been in the industry for a much longer time with a track record of success.  They brought on an old bungie employee who was successful at this exact job in the past for a reason.  we have a new set of ears to complain to, so we would be remiss not to try.  And he appears to be listening.  whether or not that will continue is anybody's guess, but i want to BELIEVE that it will and strike while the iron is hot.

I have nothing against the guy and maybe he is the messiah we've all been waiting for (I doubt it), but I think it's entirely reasonable for people to be tired of this dance. Are people honestly, realistically expecting any sort of drastic change here? And even if that happens, what's the end game? He's being brought on a year of questionable management after launch and in the midst of a metric shit ton of major, high quality releases flooding the market. It would be great if he can affect positive change here, but I'm not holding my breath.

All of us have a pretty clear list of things we want to see changed or implemented in competitive play, so yes, it is hard for me to grasp the fact that you can't click a link, use your fingers to push some keys and list out an argument or two of what would help make Halo more competitive or more enjoyable to watch.

I've literally done that dozens, quite possibly hundreds of times and so have plenty of other people. How many more times do we need to do it until we can say it's a waste of time without getting a lecture?

So acting like this will accomplish what being "nicer" didn't?

I've literally done that dozens, quite possibly hundreds of times and so have plenty of other people. How many more times do we need to do it until we can say it's a waste of time without getting a lecture?

So if it's a waste why bother even getting angry either if nothing will change? Unless you think being angry and toxic will bring change.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looking back at that thread it's funny how it's clear what HE was looking for then we saw a developer asking questions and went:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ske7tch is going to get fired for confirming stuff and not saying "the team is aware"

A heavy fine of 5% on his next paycheck 

• Upvote (+1) 7