CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That game EG/Str8 game five was really fun to watch. Super excited to see how far Str8 Rippin goes. #RIPLOL

really hope str8 snag the 4th spot since e6 are basically out of it

Unfortunately, for Str8 to get in, they need EG to beat LG and that's about as likely as Ogre1 coming out of retirement and winning worlds with Zyos and Formal.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So what needs to happen next week? Lg goes 1-1 they're in no matter what right?

Yeah that's what it looks like. LG needs to go 0-2 and Str8 need to go 2-0 for things to switch up there. E6 are out of the running too I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what needs to happen next week? Lg goes 1-1 they're in no matter what right?

I'm pretty sure this is all the important stuff:

For LG to secure 4th, they need one win. They play EG and Optic next week. LG can potentially move up to 3rd if they go 2-0 while TL goes 0-2.

For Str8 to steal the 4th spot, they need to beat both Liquid and E6 and they need LG to lose to both EG and Optic.

Optic can take 1st seed if they beat NV and come out with a higher map percentage. They're like 1% off at the moment.

For EG to avoid relegations, they need to beat Liquid and LG while E6 loses to Str8 and ALG.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For EG to avoid relegations, they need to beat Liquid and LG while E6 loses to Str8 and ALG.

EG are only 2 maps back from e6 so going 2-0 with e6 going 1-1 it will go to a map% and it will be close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG are only 2 maps back from e6 so going 2-0 with e6 going 1-1 it will go to a map% and it will be close.

Didn't someone say the other day that the first tiebreaker is head-to-head?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't someone say the other day that the first tiebreaker is head-to-head?

I think admins are saying 1 thing and the rules are saying another. Rules state standings are match record followed by map record. Then, if you're tied, it goes to head to head match record then map record which I think is what is confusing everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, assuming that it goes by map record, E6 does have a very long shot if they 6-0 their week while LG 0-6s theirs.

ALG can also avoid relegations if they 2-0 while E6 0-2s and they come out with a higher map %.

Hmm interesting scenario here but if Optic beat nV in a game 5 and then nV and Optic have the same result on final day (such as both getting 3-0s) they will have tied in record, head to head, and map win %. What happens then?

Edit: Think i messed something up with said scenario but basically there is a way for Optic and nV to tie all 3, in which case my question still stands. Anyone know?

Hmm interesting scenario here but if Optic beat nV in a game 5 and then nV and Optic have the same result on final day (such as both getting 3-0s) they will have tied in record, head to head, and map win %. What happens then?

Wow that's crazy. It says a deciding bo5 will be played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Each team chooses 1 member for a 1v1 on truth. It's in the rules

Is that actually a thing?

What a bummer with EG. Ugly challenges from Ninja, Roy just isn't as consistent or into the game as he was prior to the 1st pro league, Lunchbox has a just unbreakable stubborness and Stellur who IMO is by far the best on the team right now can't fit into this team. At the end of the day this team plays each game type roughly once a night. Beginning of this pro league season they were doing double scrims and busting some ass and it showed. Ever since that nV tragedy they just didn't recover and it seems they lost the drive again.

Worlds is looking more and more like the end of Roy and Lunch's career which makes me sad being a fan of these two going back to their very first event. I guess watching them cakewalk through relegations and seeing them play on lan will be fun.

They won't cakewalk through relegations.

The gap between the top 3/4 AM teams and EG/ALG is nonexistent

• Upvote (+1) 1

My only takeaways from last night are that Elamite and T2 are a pleasure to listen to, funny guys with great knowledge and genuine chemistry. Also, 2 mates watched pro league with me for the solitary reason that I told them Str8 Rippin was back. They intend to watch from now on, take from that what you will.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I knew dropping Victory was a mistake. I like EG, but their performance is so disappointing. 

I'm more concerned of a new org fadding out. Hence the 100 Theives example many have referenced tonight.

Str8 Rippin being back probaly won't change with more viewers, but I could see a more established brand possibly bringing in more people(not an insane amount btw).

Who knows at this point, but as I said before I hope it works out for the people involved and the community.

Did 100 Thieves stopped being a thing already ?  That was quick.....

I remember the days when we essentially were begging for T2 to bring Str8 as an org, and now some of us turn on that idea. Classic. :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did 100 Thieves stopped being a thing already ?  That was quick.....

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is the max no. of teams that can sign up to HCS Las Vegas? 

HCS, Halo, and ESL Halo are making NO effort to advertise this event anymore so I'm presuming that it's approaching sell out? 

Or am I getting too ahead of myself and its just terrible marketing by 343...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just finished rebroadcasts (str8 rippin hype). The competition is there, the caster quality is there, the settings are not. 

This meta is awful and I don't want to witness teams be forced to play like this at worlds for large amounts of money. We have double elim, tickets going on sale within a realistic timeframe, open events, storylines, better production but the settings are still lacking competitively. A social slayer playlist where 343 can keep their fuel rods, binaries, storm rifles, silenced smgs, splinters, hammers, non competive maps, and radar there. Allow Team Arena to have well tuned balanced gamemodes that improve overtime. Grifball, infection, btb have there own playlists with community input, I don't understand why feedback is ignored here. H5 forge and trait settings can fix so many issues except the spawning and potential ability only radar. Here's a bunch of changes that pros have mentioned in streams and general quality improvements for post finals that should reduce milk intake and improve quality of life for the players:

• No radar/ ability only radar > less auto usage, flanking, less restricted movement, more precision gunfights, no 'crouch' plays, more outplays etc
  • No splinters > better less random meta 
  • No storm rifles > better less cheesy meta 
  • No fuel rods > Sword now a tier 3 power weapon top truth mid 2 minute respawn weapon pad
  • Reduced caster ammo from 15 > 10 to encourage thoughtful usage and reduce spam 
  • Shoulder charge 100% damage > 80/90% due to no radar improving it; kept for movement strats just less obnoxious damage
  • Grenade blast radius 100% > 90% to help counter grenade hitmarkers and the amount of grenade spam (related to nades on map) 
  • Stasis gone 
  • Mercy slayer/strongholds tested (no hammers/saws) 
  • Test pistol starting ammo from 12/48 reserve to 12/60 reserve 
  • etc etc

I just don't want see another game 5 of players crouching around with storm rifles, splinters in their pocket, watching radar for a pick, and then followed by a collapse by their team with power weapons etc. Players, spectators, production teams deserve better than this. More gunfights, more rewarding teamwork, less tilt, and an overall less milk ridden meta would be nice. Shout out to the pros and ams that compete under these conditions because they're unpleasant to say the least. A pro summit should be for these kinds of changes and not testing riptide slayer. Just hope post finals and worlds meta is better than this. Don't want people to fly across the world to get storm rifled/splintered in the face when it should be an actual outplay. 

Need to rewatch str8 rippin montage  :simms: great to see them back. Hope to see str8 rippin in vegas in 2016  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Massive game for Str8 tonight. If they lose it their season could be over, win (and LG lose) and it's going to be such a massive final week!

great to see them back. Hope to see str8 rippin in vegas in 2016  :apg:

All Pro League teams are attending Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is the max no. of teams that can sign up to HCS Las Vegas?

HCS, Halo, and ESL Halo are making NO effort to advertise this event anymore so I'm presuming that it's approaching sell out?

Or am I getting too ahead of myself and its just terrible marketing by 343...

64 teams in the open bracket I believe

• Upvote (+1) 3