CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

UGC was great to watch. The red/ blue streams really brought a sense of quality to the event. Casters were good (needed more leqion). The few things they could improve is the whole matcherino funding. I follow halo fairly intensely and i didn't know that the event was crowdfunded in this way until the last day when they announced it on stream. Maybe i just missed it. If UGC got HCS sponsored and had their production with all pro teams it could be big.

I missed that too.  I just donated $10 cuz why not but I think they could have gotten more.

The one issue i had with the weekend was that they were pimping that davinci drink super hard.  Every time i turned the volume back on (had to be muted most of the time) there was something about it that eventually culminated in the now-infamous Lethul interview cringe lol.  Overall though, i was super impressed with the stream this weekend.  The only damper was an "act of god" power outage that you can't really fault them for at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I missed that too.  I just donated $10 cuz why not but I think they could have gotten more.

The one issue i had with the weekend was that they were pimping that davinci drink super hard.  Every time i turned the volume back on (had to be muted most of the time) there was something about it that eventually culminated in the now-infamous Lethul interview cringe lol.  Overall though, i was super impressed with the stream this weekend.  The only damper was an "act of god" power outage that you can't really fault them for at all.

I heard the reason they were pushing Da Vinci so hard was because they put the most money into the tournament as a sponsor for UGC.

Also, it wasn't a power outage.  UGC had a deal with Charter that during tournament times, they would increase the internet speeds at the venue to 1Gb down/up.  Since it wasn't an official LAN/closed server event, the teams were actually playing on XBL custom game servers so they needed more speed.  There was a lack of communication between UGC/Charter, and Charter was told the tournament would end at 9 or 10:00pm (I think) on Saturday.  So when it rolled around, Charter flipped the switch and killed it.  The tournament director Matt did a great job of clearing things up with Charter after the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I heard the reason they were pushing Da Vinci so hard was because they put the most money into the tournament as a sponsor for UGC.

Also, it wasn't a power outage.  UGC had a deal with Charter that during tournament times, they would increase the internet speeds at the venue to 1Gb down/up.  Since it wasn't an official LAN/closed server event, the teams were actually playing on XBL custom game servers so they needed more speed.  There was a lack of communication between UGC/Charter, and Charter was told the tournament would end at 9 or 10:00pm (I think) on Saturday.  So when it rolled around, Charter flipped the switch and killed it.  The tournament director Matt did a great job of clearing things up with Charter after the issue.

You seem like you know what's going on and since W0uld wants to ignore that other guy maybe you can answer it. What did Walshy smell like?

• Upvote (+1) 2

You seem like you know what's going on and since W0uld wants to ignore that other guy maybe you can answer it. What did Walshy smell like?

Sat next to him for a series and talked about the best places to grab St. Louis BBQ - smelled normal to me. Not sure if I could give any more detail than that. At least he had deodorant on, which is about as much as you can ask from someone at any sort of gaming event.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@W0uld You're a comedian right? Is there any way I could see some of your stuff like on Youtube or something? I'd be interested to see it.

And great job for casting over the weekend, you did awesome, ignore Twitch chat. 

Soon  :kappa: 

nah my agent took down all my youtube stuff b/c it was bad quality. working on getting hd stuff up in 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I missed that too. I just donated $10 cuz why not but I think they could have gotten more.

The one issue i had with the weekend was that they were pimping that davinci drink super hard. Every time i turned the volume back on (had to be muted most of the time) there was something about it that eventually culminated in the now-infamous Lethul interview cringe lol. Overall though, i was super impressed with the stream this weekend. The only damper was an "act of god" power outage that you can't really fault them for at all.

If I had to guess, Davinci is probably a large part of the reason why this tournament was financially doable. If so, they absolutely deserve every ounce of airtime they could get. As a viewer, The end result was totally worth the occasional moments of cringe. I just hope Karma will repay that company for their investment in Halo... because I doubt they got their money's worth in terms of viewership.

And that interview was legendary.

I wish Lethul would've argued with that lady about how Brisk Mate is better than DaVinci

• Upvote (+1) 1

Giving trolls attention, and getting upset is the reaction they're looking for, ignore and they will leave, its that simple

Eh, some people never learn. I saw a guy fall into the "Well Formal left for COD and makes 12k/year" trap HARD

• Upvote (+1) 2

This event was really great. I personally have been getting sick of HCS and this was a welcome change of pace. I hope vegas is good but I could see myself no longer following halo when we only get 8 teams casted by 2 people all season with so few open events. dan

It will be interesting to see what UGC does with this AM league. It would be important for them to have good casters and develop the storylines. Thats part of what made the MLG combine events so good, you could follow players story lines all the way from AM to pro.

Also, Snip3down and Ola casting was really interesting. We need casters who REALLY know this game. I hope in some of the upcoming events they let other pros cast too.

The Minor League being run by Platinum 5 will be great, we have several different surprises in the works for the league. UGC is an awesome community driven company and that is why they got sanctioned as the first qualifier for the Fall 2016 season.

Looking forward to great things!!

• Upvote (+1) 4

brisk mate doesn't need to be lowered down to the level of these inferior drinks.

How dead are you inside that you have to promote Brisk Maté instead of Monster?

• Upvote (+1) 4

brisk mate doesn't need to be lowered down to the level of these inferior drinks.

Are you afraid that UGC might ban you from future events for disparaging a sponsor?

If I had to guess, Davinci is probably a large part of the reason why this tournament was financially doable. If so, they absolutely deserve every ounce of airtime they could get. As a viewer, The end result was totally worth the occasional moments of cringe. I just hope Karma will repay that company for their investment in Halo... because I doubt they got their money's worth in terms of viewership.

And that interview was legendary.

lol that interview was cringe gold.  I could only watch it once.

I am sure that Da Vinci is the biggest donor and i absolutely have no problem with them shilling the stuff every chance they got, i just wish they had a little more creativity with their ads lol.  1/10 issue tbh.  the whole presentation was great.

For those lone wolves out there that don't want to give out candy, we have another Premium $300 FFA tonight!

Great, I can finally get first rounded by actual people instead of a tournament start time.... Also went premium for this one, will re-up if there are more 7:00 est start times for tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Great, I can finally get first rounded by actual people instead of a tournament start time.... Also went premium for this one, will re-up if there are more 7:00 est start times for tournaments. 

Trust me, we would love to run these on the weekend or something but the HCS somehow takes up 4-5 days a week. Tie in our work with ASTRO, and there aren't many days left that are open without overlapping while trying to balance 7.9 million Halo esports fans on the west coast.

• Upvote (+1) 7

UGC did a fantastic job this weekend! Really great experience from a spectators POV. 

My only suggestion/critique would be to have casters with a better understanding of the scene. Too many times was information incorrect (Snipedown being dropped, calling NV lineup EG, fusion cannon instead of Fuel Rod, etc.) Very small details, but ones that when stated immediately drew attention away from whats onscreen to their mistakes.

@@W0uld I thought you did an awesome job! Loved the hype in your casting. I hope you keep getting opportunities!

• Upvote (+1) 2

How did you guys place?

Top-12. Lost to Most Wanted and Solstice in Open, and E6 and Scion in Pools. Not a bad first week for our team, and we'll be seeing everyone in Vegas in a few weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 8