CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey everybody, just thought we should try to be a bit more positive and proactive. There is so much meaningless complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves because the devs won't help us. We really have to try our best to take control. You want competitive halo, work for it. We won't have it easy so don't expect it to be that way. You want to save Halo? Go to events if you have the means, nag 343 (really let them know that you are upset while being respectful), or if you need to, create our own shit? There has to be a way without the devs. If we want Halo to succeed, we have to find a way and show passion.

Yeah people seem to assume that more complaints = more solutions, the reality is that it depends on what kind of complaints and what kind of solutions.

I often will talk to other people about stuff (politics, movies, games, religion, music, etc.) and what always pisses me off is when they say something along the lines of "this movie is trash" or "this game is sooo lame" as if I'm supposed to give a shit about that kind of opinion. Why is it bad? What is the root cause of the issue? I could just as easily bash Halo 5 as I could any other Halo game, or any game in general, however, the reasoning and the logic is what really matters.

Now I'm going to #ShockTheWorld and say that 343i probably does listen to us (I would expect numerous employees regularly lurk around this forum at least) but they're too busy reading through the plethora of "Halo 5 is dad" and "343i buttfucked us" bullshit to really take away anything of value. Some issues will likely never be fixed because corporate interests come into play (Microsoft's wishes don't always reflect 343i's, or vice versa) and some issues take a long time to actually fix (ghost melee confirmed dead 2017).

What I hate hearing the most is the HCS bashing, like I know there are issues with the settings and servers and everything, but did y'all see that sick match between Liquid and Envyus yesterday? That shit was good, no matter how many ghost's were involved. One can only hear "fix these servers 343i" so many times until they become bored and disinterested.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 4, The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5....but Halo 3 anniversary/Halo 6 that's where they'll get it right!

Makes sense to me. I can't see any reason not to believe it.

3rd times the charm. I blame MCC on ms.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This community has heard this time and time again. We go in stretches of doing this, and nothing changes.

Doing what exactly? Saying we need to do something or complaining?

Edit: That was a genuine question.

• Downvote (-1) 6

No disrespect man, but is this not exactly what this forum does basically 24/7? 

Nah not right now. I see a handful of people doing things but a hell of a lot of complaining. Also, what have we done in the last 3 months? The survey? I don't know honestly because I haven't been around. I left because of the complaining.

Edit: I actually want to know what we have accomplished. The No radar invitational, the survey, and?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 20

This update from Josh is disappointing since you know its going to be the only thing we hear today.  What the hell does "not too distant future" mean? Tomorrow, next week?  It's just a euphemism for "Soon" and we know what that means...

Just changing that line to "we will have an in depth update of specific issues [tomorrow, monday, no later than wednesday, etc wtf] would go a long way of extending patience.

"soon" has become such a joke around here because it doesn't mean shit.  Whenever they say "more soon" or "shortly" or anything like that that is non-specific, it really just feels like they are saying "yeah whatever" and dont actually have any sense of urgency about the matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This update from Josh is disappointing since you know its going to be the only thing we hear today.  What the hell does "not too distant future" mean? Tomorrow, next week?  It's just a euphemism for "Soon" and we know what that means...

Just changing that line to "we will have an in depth update of specific issues [tomorrow, monday, no later than wednesday, etc wtf] would go a long way of extending patience.

"soon" has become such a joke around here because it doesn't mean shit.  Whenever they say "more soon" or "shortly" or anything like that that is non-specific, it really just feels like they are saying "yeah whatever" and dont actually have any sense of urgency about the matter.

Issue with melee is likely in coding, it isn't a knob they can turn (like with weapon balancing), so it may take anywhere from a week to months to fix. 343i aren't at liberty to give specific dates or anything because it would basically put them under a specific deadline which they may not be able to match. 

You are not going to get a better response.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Issue with melee is likely in coding, it isn't a knob they can turn (like with weapon balancing), so it may take anywhere from a week to months to fix. 343i aren't at liberty to give specific dates or anything because it would basically put them under a specific deadline which they may not be able to match. 

But 343 are great with deadlines.  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

People love to give Bungie crap for the lack of communication and whatnot, but they did awesome things like this back in the day

I love Bungie and what's why I play Destiny almost everyday. Destiny has its problems, but fundamentals like shooting, grenades, melee, and other abilities work as expected. 

Still love my competitive Halo, but can't help but feel we're just a skeleton of what should have been a whale. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But 343 are great with deadlines.  :kappa:

Yeah, would've been awesome if MS would've delayed the game (MCC) for a few months, but regardless.

You're just proving my point man...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This rationalization that this forum is too negative to engage with is mental gymnastics. There is a plethora of insightful criticism on this forum that no one from 343 has ever responded to. The vitriol that can sometimes be felt as of recent is righteous backlash from 3 flops in a row, no communication whatsoever, in game issues that are not being addressed seriously enough etc. It's clear that all 343 really wants is a crowd of sycophants, ie waypoint, hence why the silence here.

I'm sorry, you think you deserve individual responses from them? Mental gymnastics for sure.

• Downvote (-1) 15

"hey we are aware our game is broken and hopefully we can fix it, no promises"

shouldn't they be aware their game is broken?

no duh we aren't going to get a better response but that doesn't make it any less shitty

My hope is that tomorrow's community update finally has news about the next update/patch.  Of course, I have had that hope for the last few weeks only to be disappointed on Friday evenings.

Someone mentioned reddit not seeming excited about the server browser, but that is because they are in the same boat as TB.  It has been over a month and we have not had any news about the next update, or about fixes.  The casual community is also pissed about how broken the game is.  Frame rate issues on BTB maps, broken custom games and scripting in forge, no changes to action sack or infection, etc.  The Anvil's Legacy update seemed like a really exciting time for Halo with H5 coming to PC in a limited capacity, but it seemed to cause so many issues.  That was almost 2 months ago, and 343 has been silent since.  I am a bit of a 343 apologist, but that is an unacceptable length of time to go without responding to the concerns of the community.

I am someone who really enjoys the casual and competitive side of Halo 5, and always try to stay positive, but even I am having trouble not being salty about the state of my favorite game.  

I'm sorry, you think you deserve individual responses from them? Mental gymnastics for sure.

The fuck are you talking about? He never said anything about individual responses.  

Nobody from 343 posts here anymore.  And there hasn't been a single word about the no radar poll/invitational.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one is saying that. But if I were at 343 and had the resource of a large, passionate community that I could leverage, quite literally, FOR FREE, you bet your ass I would be making consistent use of that resource and doing everything in my power to make sure my company was communicating and working with them.

We don't deserve anything. But we care about Halo and would very much like to not be driven to apathy.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well of course it is but something changed that made the melee issue worse.  it wasn't like this all the time.  I know well that sometimes you just have no damn idea how long its going to take to fix something (I do software support and QA for a living.  getting timelines out of developers is like trying to pull the teeth out of a shark without losing your arm).

I also never said they should give us a definitive timeline on when the issue would be resolved.  I said they should give us a definitely timeline for when they are going to update us about the issues they are working to resolve.  Not acknowledging an issue for months, then finally mentioning it as one sentence of a longer post while saying "Soon" (again) is bad service.  I'm basically saying that a meeting to schedule the next meeting would be better than what we are getting now

• Upvote (+1) 1

They have supported Halo 5, no they haven't done everything this community wants, but they have supported this game better than any Halo before it. There are problems, but the way they get blown out of proportion here get annoying after a while.

Oh stop it.

The ONLY WAY for 343 to listen to the comp community is if we blow it out of proportion. Otherwise they just ignore us.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is saying that. But if I were at 343 and had the resource of a large, passionate community that I could leverage, quite literally, FOR FREE, you bet your ass I would be making consistent use of that resource and doing everything in my power to make sure my company was communicating and working with them.

We don't deserve anything. But we care about Halo and would very much like to not be driven to apathy.

I totally agree with you, they should leverage the community when possible. It seems like some have a sense of entitlement from them, I can see how it would be off-putting to anyone interacting with it. Hopefully they do start communicating more at the very least.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I love Bungie and what's why I play Destiny almost everyday. Destiny has its problems, but fundamentals like shooting, grenades, melee, and other abilities work as expected. 

Still love my competitive Halo, but can't help but feel we're just a skeleton of what should have been a whale. 

Once I bought Destiny, Halo is now once a week until the changes are made. Destiny is a really great game with the DLC, and it doesn't hurt that I bought it for $20 so I'm a bit biased :kappa: .

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah not right now. I see a handful of people doing things but a hell of a lot of complaining. Also, what have we done in the last 3 months? The survey? I don't know honestly because I haven't been around. I left because of the complaining.

Tell me, what is there to do? Write constructive criticism they don't read or acknowledge?

So we have had confirmation in Josh's post that an improved spectator mode is coming to Halo 5? Thank god.

And I'm surprised that 343 gave acknowledgement to MLG for hosting Halo 5 tournaments (in the H5 birthday post) considering how poorly they've treated @ and kru.

• Upvote (+1) 7