CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo 4, The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5....but Halo 3 anniversary/Halo 6 that's where they'll get it right!

Makes sense to me. I can't see any reason not to believe it.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And you think it would do that because? H2A failed for a reason.

Ya, and the reason was it was a completely different game with 3 maps and was part of MCC

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ya, and the reason was it was a completely different game with 3 maps and was part of MCC

Essentially, as low effort as they could get away with. 

It's funny though, when i talk to casual gamers at my work about Halo 5 they all say the reason they dropped Halo is that it changed so much from the original Halo trilogy that they don't feel like it is actually halo anymore. 

Edit: I personally like Halo 5, I just think it should have been trimmed up a bit when it comes to mechanics.

I agree.  I have a few friends that stopped playing.  One of them HATES spartan charge and getting groundpounded.  he just rage quits.  He hardly plays and is still better than me so its not like he is salty cuz he sucks at it.  We probably played 15k games together from Halo 2 on.

The other one plays the game for the campaign and stays for the multiplayer.  he thought the campaign sucked and never stayed this time.

Just put my bets in for tomorrow's pro league. Decent Odds.

I'm surprised betting on Halo is even a thing in the UK but it is.

>.>

OpTic to win 

nV to win

e6 to win

No TL bet? And I'd be careful about that E6 bet; EG doesn't look too hot, but neither does E6, they haven't won a pro league series since Stellur left them.

Speaking of E6 & EG, I'd like to see an EG with Shooter in place of Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree.  I have a few friends that stopped playing.  One of them HATES spartan charge and getting groundpounded.  he just rage quits.  He hardly plays and is still better than me so its not like he is salty cuz he sucks at it.  We probably played 15k games together from Halo 2 on.

The other one plays the game for the campaign and stays for the multiplayer.  he thought the campaign sucked and never stayed this time.

The poor campaign thing is another thing i hear a lot about with Halo 5.

Ground Pound and Spartan Charge are just complications to an already difficult game. I think these extra mechanics make it difficult for new players to get into halo easy, even after playing heavily when Halo 5 first released I'm having trouble adjusting to it after only a few months off to play Overwatch.  

I had a fairly decent sized group of local friends (10-12) that would play/LAN halo on a consistent basis together, pretty much all fell by the wayside during Halo: Reach and never recovered. 

And you think it would do that because? H2A failed for a reason.

Because MCC was broke as fuck....

If MCC comes out in decent shape, not even great shape just decent enough to be forgiven for its flaws given its complexity, Halo 5 sells 20% more.  I have no hard evidence to back that up, but tell me that i'm wrong.  I dont see H3A having that same effect given how raw people's asses still are about MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I posted this yesterday somewhat out of dismay, just kind of musing/venting to myself... pretty mind-blowing how much it resonated with everyone that one sentence got that many upvotes.

343 has needed to do something for months, but we're approaching make or break territory. I'm hopeful they still have some tricks up their sleeves, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I don't wanna say I told you all so, but...

Nah but for real, I genuinely thought things were going to get a lot better after worlds. Not just about potential new comp settings, but also the upcoming updates and features rolling out that made the game just a bit more playable for me. H5 was never going to be a great "Halo" game, but it was soooooo close to becoming a good game in general.

But right now there's too many things to list of them fucking up recently, and even Mercy - by far the best DLC map and imo the best map in the game - got buttfucked with awful settings/weapons and didn't even make it to PL Season 2. Assault got buttfucked, Oddball got buttfucked, Team Arena was pretty decent when it's only major flaw was team balancing, but they fucked that as well. Aiming is still broke which makes even custom games not fun.

Every hope I had for this game at some stage got wiped, and with this constant radio silence on pro-league-fucking issues has gone too far. Care factor's gone. Even a surprise conversion no radar is just 'meh' to me.

The fact that only a year since launch and peeps are already discussing Halo 6 goes to show how shit this situation is.

edit: Just saw brav's response to Moa. Really sucks that we actually have to nag for a response like this, when the issues been going on for months and even the pro's are in the dark. We deserve better.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I have a whole messenger group in discord, used to be viber, cant remember before that, but theres about 30 of us in there, just friends from college and high school and we all played halo together from CE through NBNS. They even played a little of H4, 3 of them got H5, played about 10 games, and didn't touch it again. I know for a fact that H3A would bring every one of them back to Halo. I believe there are tons of other people out there that have a lot of friends that used to play that would do the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because MCC was broke as fuck....

If MCC comes out in decent shape, not even great shape just decent enough to be forgiven for its flaws given its complexity, Halo 5 sells 20% more.  I have no hard evidence to back that up, but tell me that i'm wrong.  I dont see H3A having that same effect given how raw people's asses still are about MCC.

ur wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Bravo's tweets*

I interpret this as, "We are aware of the problem, but our team has no idea where to begin to fix this problem".

In other words, Halo 5 will not get any better than what we have right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problems are one thing, but the total lack of transparency from 343 is mind boggling. 

It just all feels so corporate in the worst way. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The problems are one thing, but the total lack of transparency from 343 is mind boggling. 

It just all feels so corporate in the worst way. 

A Microsoft subsidiary?

Corporate?

Say it ain't so, Mean Joe!

• Upvote (+1) 2

No TL bet? And I'd be careful about that E6 bet; EG doesn't look too hot, but neither does E6, they haven't won a pro league series since Stellur left them.

Speaking of E6 & EG, I'd like to see an EG with Shooter in place of Ninja.

Nah man the odds of TL to win are shit, I can see why really.

Odds for the other three are better. 

Yeah I cautiously bet on the e6 game, and didnt accumulate it with the others because its a risky one.

so no fixes coming soon after all. dan:flip:

I honestly think 343i has been so quite about ghost melees is because they have absolutely no clue why they happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It is sad to see the state of the game a year on. I'd say the community have done as much as they can to support this game and it just comes down to 343 and the state H5 released in. I can't believe that somehow every 343 halo launch seems rushed and misses essential features. I enjoy the core gameplay of H5 but there's just so many issues that hold this game back and have been persisting since launch. It feels like an early access game not a flagship title in a billion dollar franchise that pioneered so many great gaming standards. 

1. Lack of an offline multiplayer/fileshare and therefore more difficult to create LAN experiences. Props to esports arena, ugc and pgl for helping the community out of their own pockets.
  2.  Server instability and input lag related to ping.
  3.  The general aiming mechanics in this game is a downgrade from the beta. I got used to it but my friends don't enjoy halo 5 due to this. 
  4. Spectate/theater mode in this game is embarrassingly broken. Lack of integrated online observer mode and no mention as to why. 
  5.  Updates that add content then introduced the awful ghost melees and the left fire team glitch.
  6.  Lack of party preferences when searching to improve the solo/duos player(s) matchmaking experience for all modes. This is why I began to play less and less arena/warzone.
  7. No HCS sanctioned mlg(open) events since worlds.
  8. Gameplay and map settings still not the best they can be (storm rifles still on maps, fuel rod, splinters spawn every 30 seconds in cqc locations, caster ammo, fathom spawns etc)

:mj: