CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So you'd rather have a working Halo 5 then a working H3A?

Yes. Halo 5 has great bones but is pretty chubby. If it just trims down a bit and hits the weight room, it could be a great game.

That's not an actual loading screen is it? I thought it was just a meme.

Its 100% just a meme

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes. Halo 5 has great bones but is pretty chubby. If it just trims down a bit and hits the weight room, it could be a great game.

The thing is, we're a year in and it's going further downhill. Beyond that, Halo 5 just doesn't have the mass appeal to make halo big again. With no knowledge of what h6 will be like, h3a is honestly the only chance of halo blowing up again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think I'm done watching online Pro League Halo.

I really tried to give it a fair shot this season again but the game has so many issues (lagouts, glitches, spectator mode issues, settings, etc) and the 1 year is tomorrow with no real meaningful communication from the devs. Tie in the World Series is on with basketball and hockey back now too. Rather enjoy my Wednesday and Thursday nights than get frustrated as a fan.

I'll watch LAN events for sure, but online is just driving me to resent a franchise I once loved. Something has to be said good or bad so we can stop holding out hope. I hate posting shit like this, it doesn't do anything good but I need to vent.

Props to those that continue to support it and run the streams, wish I had that kind of will still. Good luck to all teams!

This is me like two months ago

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its 100% just a meme

It could be a great game, but I'd still rather play H2A with more maps. Working H3A > H5 all day

• Upvote (+1) 5

Victory wasn't the problem for EG, but Stellur wasn't the answer. Of course it doesn't help that Ninja is struggling a lot this season, but we can't ignore the recurring theme as of late with rosters consisting of RoyBox. Ever since Xgames, their biggest issue overall is closing out games. They played with Commonly and Snip3down. One being an obj mastermind and the other a reliable slayer. Snipedown and Suspector; reliable slayer and a methodical player. Recently Victory X and Ninja; a proven "glue" player and a wild card player. Something is wrong with EG at it's core and I don't think any mix of players will make them better as long as Roy and Lunchbox continue to team together.

Well I don't know.... A team of Lxthul, Snipedown and Roybox could do big things.  :lxthul:

• Downvote (-1) 1

It could be a great game, but I'd still rather play H2A with more maps. Working H3A > H5 all day

I'd like a standalone H2A with h3 maps added to the rotation 

• Upvote (+1) 2

if you clearly have a bad server or have placebo'd your way into thinking you have the bad server the best thing to do is to play like it. 

example

game starts

i get out shot by somone i outshot every single time last game.

get out shout by same person again. gun seems heavy.

"hey guys this server is kinda bad for me, im going to slow play things, use my AR, Crouch, and not challenge as much" 

other teammate: 

"dude i am destroying, listen carefully for my callouts so you can clean up people i get one shot"

> Team is using Xfinity Team House with a gig internet

> Complains about bad servers

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you'd rather have a working Halo 5 then a working H3A?

Yes.

The thing is, we're a year in and it's going further downhill. Beyond that, Halo 5 just doesn't have the mass appeal to make halo big again. With no knowledge of what h6 will be like, h3a is honestly the only chance of halo blowing up again.

A poor remake of a game that came out 9 years ago, when most of the current players (myself included) were just little kids, is the answer to saving Halo? Seriously, most people who played a lot of Halo 3 are now in their mid-late-20s, and might not even buy it. 

343 NEEDs to fix H5, and maybe put out H6 in 2017.....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you're underestimating people's willingness to go backwards.  I would buy that game and probably play the crap out of it, but we are in a little bubble here at TB.  I bet that game would sell a few million copies sure, but that's still a far far cry from the ~14 million IIRC that Halo 3 sold originally.  That's not going to be enough to "bring halo back".  It would probably be purchased mostly by the people that are buying halo already

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're underestimating people's willingness to go backwards.  I would buy that game and probably play the crap out of it, but we are in a little bubble here at TB.  I bet that game would sell a few million copies sure, but that's still a far far cry from the ~14 million IIRC that Halo 3 sold originally.  That's not going to be enough to "bring halo back".  It would probably be purchased mostly by the people that are buying halo already

It's funny though, when i talk to casual gamers at my work about Halo 5 they all say the reason they dropped Halo is that it changed so much from the original Halo trilogy that they don't feel like it is actually halo anymore. 

Edit: I personally like Halo 5, I just think it should have been trimmed up a bit when it comes to mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes.

A poor remake of a game that came out 9 years ago, when most of the current players (myself included) were just little kids, is the answer to saving Halo? Seriously, most people who played a lot of Halo 3 are now in their mid-late-20s, and might not even buy it. 

I think the reception and longevity of Cod4 remastered will be able to tell us a lot about how popular H3a would be. Same time era, same style of game, same popularity. (except Halo is xbox exclusive)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The rash decision to drop Victory for Stellur still baffles me and honestly they deserve to be losing right now.

The decision to drop Vic X was because that they feel that they needed more slaying power.  (I got this info directly from an EG member)

The decision to drop Vic X was because that they feel that they needed more slaying power. (I got this info directly from an EG member)

Working out wonderfully so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well I don't know.... A team of Lxthul, Snipedown and Roybox could do big things.  :lxthul:

Oh, you mean the team Lethul left before giving them a chance at the first live event for Halo 5? I like Roybox, stop making me have to talk this way about them. This does bring up an interesting question though. Who would have been CLG's 4th long term if Lethul didn't join them in the first place? I think Eco would have been a solid pick.

The decision to drop Vic X was because that they feel that they needed more slaying power. (I got this info directly from an EG member)

I feel like these guys put way to much effort into getting slays. For example, So many times last night I saw lunchbox and ninja chasing unneccisary kills (and dying) when they were in prime position to simply deny an area play the objective.

Yes.

Obviously if it's a crap remake then yes it wouldn't do well. Plenty of people would buy it

I can't say I'm overly concerned about the purchase numbers, and I don't think anyone else should be either. I care about the consistent playerbase, the viewer count, and tournament numbers. A good H3A would outperform Halo 5 in all those aspects even if H5 was in a perfect working state with observer mode, LAN support, etc. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously if it's a crap remake then yes it wouldn't do well. Plenty of people would buy it

I can't say I'm overly concerned about the purchase numbers, and I don't think anyone else should be either. I care about the consistent playerbase, the viewer count, and tournament numbers. A good H3A would outperform Halo 5 in all those aspects even if H5 was in a perfect working state with observer mode, LAN support, etc. 

And you think it would do that because? H2A failed for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And you think it would do that because? H2A failed for a reason.

Yeah, the game was (is) broken and has 3 maps. 

I think an H3A would do very well, but I'm not sure I want it to be a standalone. An expansion for H5 would be better for Halo imo. Along with server/gameplay fixes by then as well I would hope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2