CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All online results should have an * next to them. The connections are too dynamic between the players. Until a team beats Optic in person, nothing else matters. 

This is 100% accurate.  Anybody placing nV above them because of pro league record is wrong.  

Don't get me wrong, nV is a killer team, but "LAN" is what matters and Optic hasn't lost since X-games.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is 100% accurate.  Anybody placing nV above them because of pro league record is wrong.  

Don't get me wrong, nV is a killer team, but LAN is what matters and Optic hasn't lost since X-games.

Especially right now. I don't know WTF is going on but it is really bad. Last night every other game was so laggy that my respawn counter was just straight skipping numbers. Like it would say respawning in 6...3.... respawn 

Anyone else low-key think that 343 is going to drop big changes / news this Thursday or Friday?

We've gotten a few extra soons lately, no real updates in awhile, and Thursday marks the 1 year release of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else low-key think that 343 is going to drop big changes / news this Thursday or Friday?

We've gotten a few extra soons lately, no real updates in awhile, and Thursday marks the 1 year release of Halo 5.

I hope one of the big changes his MLG getting involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't see this posted anywhere but last night E6 scrimmed Contagious (AM squad that won the most recent Legendary cup) and had a close series of 8-5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My god i hope so.

could be great depending on what they say.

if they say anything. Community updates are usually friday so thats when i would expect it

If they do drop some noise, i hope its a "and the update is live right now!!" moment

I hope nobody sets themselves up for disappointment.

I will always have hope for this game series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

tru but you lost me

not entirely sure why it's not feasible...

I don't know this first hand but being as they're part of the engine, hit markers are likely extremely deep within the code. Changing them or trying to make them optional would risk breaking things at higher levels of the code, thats just how programming works. For 343, given Halo 5's current state, it's not worth risking creating more bugs to fix something, especially when 90% of their staff are 100% focused on their next projects (H6, maybe H3A)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

two words: Grenade Launcher  :intensifies:

I think that's the best thing that was introduced in Reach.  Effective but not "easy", unless that changed in the NBNS era...  I had quit the game by then.

Literally all I want from 343 right now is release the grenade launcher and plasma launcher, then just release a huge patch update. Just tons of polish and fixes that we've demanded for ages. Fixing reticle lag would be a plus.

Honestly after that they can be done updating the game.

Besides that it would be nice if they actually set up the HCS Council they talked about months ago so at least settings and maps (maybe playlist too) would keep getting updated. This is a solid game and doesn't need more req variants or armor reskins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also as a Winterfox fan, so y'all no this is coming from an unbiased position, online doesn't mean shit. OpTic top 1 til' they lose on fake LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think that's the best thing that was introduced in Reach.  Effective but not "easy", unless that changed in the NBNS era...  I had quit the game by then.

Reach IMO was one of the best in the series as far as weapon design is concerned, many pointless variants were removed, and they added some cool ones (plasma launcher, grenade launcher, focus rifle) so its ironic that 343i didn't decide to move that into Halo 4/Halo 5.

Literally all I want from 343 right now is release the grenade launcher and plasma launcher, then just release a huge patch update. Just tons of polish and fixes that we've demanded for ages. Fixing reticle lag would be a plus.

Honestly after that they can be done updating the game.

Besides that it would be nice if they actually set up the HCS Council they talked about months ago so at least settings and maps (maybe playlist too) would keep getting updated. This is a solid game and doesn't need more req variants or armor reskins.

Plasma Launcher is really meh. Hydra basically does the same thing, but you know they'll add it because it was found in Warzone Firefight. I'm more excited for the anti air wraith honestly, been waiting for that thing for years.

I used to religiously wait for the Friday Community Updates and livestreams in hopes of seeing competitive information. I stopped 6 months ago and haven't missed a single thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't know this first hand but being as they're part of the engine, hit markers are likely extremely deep within the code. Changing them or trying to make them optional would risk breaking things at higher levels of the code, thats just how programming works. For 343, given Halo 5's current state, it's not worth risking creating more bugs to fix something, especially when 90% of their staff are 100% focused on their next projects (H6, maybe H3A)

Yeah we have no way to know that. It could also be as simple as changing a flag from True to False. Many things like that have attributes assigned to them that can be turned on or off.  You wouldn't want to have to rebuild a whole set of code when you are playtesting the game just to make one small change, for example.  Or waste a developers time on something like that when they could be doing more substantive work.  But still, we have no real way to know unless they want to give us the source code.

They also said during the beta that the great thing about the way they created the weapons was that they could modify the damage parameters without the need for a full TU.... but the only changes they have made to weapons were during full TU's......

I just think you're setting yourself up for a nice crying session when this doesn't happen

• Upvote (+1) 1