CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It is 100% not in your head. It can be so random and is mostly based on anecdotal evidence, but when you have literally everybody (and i don't think i'm exaggerating here) that is at least decent at the game complaining about it, it becomes significant. And there is some non-anecdotal evidence from the Xim guys http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0 and even they are like "wtf did you do 343"?

On a pro-league related note.... It's hard to be an EG fan these days. They can't even split scrims with team anymore. Victory got the better part of that trade. I know Roy/Lunch said they won't play without one another, but maybe its time for them to start thinking about it?

woah XIM dropping facts.

So I could mod the aiming to be fixed with an XIM?

woah XIM dropping facts.

So I could mod the aiming to be fixed with an XIM?

XIM is to use KBM on consoles, so not really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not going to lie i am super jealous of all the events that GoW and CoD are getting especially as they are all spread out across the country. Don't get me wrong i am grateful for everything ESL and beyond do for halo with the pro league and online tournaments but man do i miss traveling to events and such

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they are taking their sweet ass time because they have some big announcements. If its taken over a week for them to just be like, "so we are going to put in a no radar playlist" in a tweet and that's it, i'm not going to be happy. Played a few games last night and the pure randomness of the connection quality changes per game is startling. I always think, "Well maybe its me this time" then I check, and its not.

343 is just slow, with EVERYTHING.

The whole "hold everything back for a big announcement" is a terrible strategy when people are growing more and more frustrated with your product by the day.

They should know by know that people expect acknowledgement and timelines. I keep thinking back to launch when everyone realized the game would only ship with 3 arena gametypes (4 if you count breakout, but why would you?). They keep saying "soon" in reference to additional arena game modes. Here we are a year later with no additional modes.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope they are taking their sweet ass time because they have some big announcements. If its taken over a week for them to just be like, "so we are going to put in a no radar playlist" in a tweet and that's it, i'm not going to be happy. Played a few games last night and the pure randomness of the connection quality changes per game is startling. I always think, "Well maybe its me this time" then I check, and its not.

Yep, the lack of transparency and community interaction (even on /r/halo) has come to a halt. This MUST mean they're working on something, hopefully H3A or something just as big. They can't be this quiet and NOT be hard at work, right??

Remember when aiming was being fixed 3 months ago?

No I don't. Which just further proves my point.

God fucking damnit 343, is it that hard to just put your hand on a fucking keyboard and tell us what's going on? Admitting a few mistakes to us is not going to make them look unprofessional. If anything, it will rekindle some sort of respect.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys, I don't always agree with their decisions too but I have to ask for people to chill calling out people by name to be fired and whatnot.

Constructive feedback hasn't really gotten us anywhere, but negativity for sure isn't going to get anything done.

I really get it, but hey :huh:

< 3

To be fair, i am not advocating that we fire anybody.  I have no idea who does what over there as far as actual coding or decision making is concerned, but somebody does.  Whoever they are should sack up, admit errors, and make steps to correct things. They may already be doing this, but we have no way to know. Let Josh or Bravo explain it and take the heat,  isn't that part of their job? To communicate these things to us and not get butthurt when the community inevitably overreacts?  

Personally, I thought that pre-launch Josh was actually doing a really good job of that, but since then its been pretty much silent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FWIW, I haven't noticed any aiming issues. I've been playing Halo since 2, so I would like to think I would have noticed, but maybe I'm just dumb. Either way though, it makes me wonder if it has to do with proximity to the servers rather than latency, because I have a HORRIBLE internet connection and lag all the time, but I am closer than most to Seattle. I don't know anything about the technical end of this though, and it's likely that I just haven't noticed the aiming issues, so take that as you will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Adam comes in here and sees what we want for Halo and then applies it to CoD & Gears to make us jealous  :kappa:

Not funny, @

tXnSO9L.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Adam comes in here and sees what we want for Halo and then applies it to CoD & Gears to make us jealous  :kappa:

"what we want"

West Coast Event

Right.

Hey @@Wonderboy. I remember old photo of you in jersey holding trophy or prize check. Could you possibly dig it up somewhere and show us this piece of ancient history ?

Most certainly! From Insomnia 51 (2014), the EU competitive community wasn't a fan of Halo 4 so went back to Halo 3 for a couple of months until MCC. Halo 3 on LAN was such a joy to play.

10301974_853401441356520_732109371396819

Not exactly bank-breaking money, I spent most of my share on a train ticket home because I missed mine. Still makes me sick thinking about it. We placed 3rd and beat @@SeptiQ (still don't let him live it down to this day) 3-2 to make it to the WBF :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

To be fair, i am not advocating that we fire anybody.

I removed the posts already that did, the rest are fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been able to get through a page in this thread for about 5 days now. I don't know what happened, but I don't like it.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most certainly! From Insomnia 51 (2014), the EU competitive community wasn't a fan of Halo 4 so went back to Halo 3 for a couple of months until MCC. Halo 3 on LAN was such a joy to play.

10301974_853401441356520_732109371396819

Not exactly bank-breaking money, I spent most of my share on a train ticket home because I missed mine. Still makes me sick thinking about it. We placed 3rd and beat @@SeptiQ (still don't let him live it down to this day) 3-2 to make it to the WBF :)

That is my man ! Don't be shy and tell them who taught @@Jimbo all his skills !

• Upvote (+1) 1

"what we want"

West Coast Event

Right.

stop trying to spoil the circlejerk.

tumblr_nosc0xRV781r2cteyo1_500.gif

I haven't been able to get through a page in this thread for about 5 days now. I don't know what happened, but I don't like it. :mj:

Yeah, I hate to be one of those people complaining about a thread itself, but this thread has been awful lately. Wish we could talk about HCS.

-----

Stellur is overrated. Ninja is one of the worst pros in the top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:holmes:

The most logical thing would have been to get someone on the other side of the no radar issue..

EDIT:

:apg::wutface::walshy::mj:

• Upvote (+1) 7