CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you guys think Optic will even win a round?

Surely there is no way they can be that bad... Surely?

They did very well in slayers. They have quite a bit of catchup to do as a team in Objectives considering this may be the first time teaming(?). They are all individually skilled and really need to put in the time to get on the same page during games.

They will need all the help they can get from Towey and 2gre but I feel they will be able to compete once they get into a rhythm.

They were going against Naded, an objective beast.

Why is EG always dripping in Coaching/Analyst talent? Does the org value these things more, or do their players?

I'm unqualified and ignorant to the inner workings but I know Towey has been doing this a long time(and played I'm pretty sure) so he worked to be the best in the game(suggestive but who has more coached wins?). 2gre may have just been talking with the twins and Towey and since he isn't playing may have been assessing his HCS opportunities. EG has the $ to afford a utility like Tom.

skin

Good, clean colors.

Logo placement is odd (being on a non-flat surface), but works due to how the horizontals of the B flow.

But the stripe clashes with the shape of the AR -- it makes you eye flow against the AR's shape.    If it were matched up to the back of that raised front, it would match a little better, but with it going all the way to the front of the muzzle, it just clashes instead.

The stripe going from bottom to top from the middle is also at a sharper angle than the one coming from the front, which also gives it an "off" feel.

Overall, pretty good skin.  Those are just nitpicking critiques for polishing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They were going against Naded, an objective beast.

Understandably but these guys as a team aren't even the best in obj compared to the likes of CLG.

All I'm saying is they struggled heavily with objective. Figure that out and they are back in the conversation for 4 imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac's tweets are

So out there, you'd think that they're

Straight from a Space Jam

• Upvote (+1) 8

Good, clean colors.

Logo placement is odd (being on a non-flat surface), but works due to how the horizontals of the B flow.

But the stripe clashes with the shape of the AR -- it makes you eye flow against the AR's shape.    If it were matched up to the back of that raised front, it would match a little better, but with it going all the way to the front of the muzzle, it just clashes instead.

The stripe going from bottom to top from the middle is also at a sharper angle than the one coming from the front, which also gives it an "off" feel.

Overall, pretty good skin.  Those are just nitpicking critiques for polishing it.

Thanks for feedback :-)

Understandably but these guys as a team aren't even the best in obj compared to the likes of CLG.

All I'm saying is they struggled heavily with objective. Figure that out and they are back in the conversation for 4 imo.

Question to all. Is it better to be a team that has to learn OBJ or increase slaying power?

I feel like you're much more likely to adapt to OBJ than to slaying.

Haikus don't work in

Languages with alphabets.

Made for Japanese.

You lose out on lots

Of potential puns when you

Make English haikus.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good thing about this EG team is that they are all relatively close to one another(Not 2gre), and EG has a team house. Hope they utilize it, I think having the capability to go over film, bond with your teammates outside of the game, and actually play next to eachother can make a huge difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This was on us and I do apologise for the late arrival of this.

no worries bud, not the end of the world :)

I feel optimistic about this EG team, basically Ninja has 2 support players ( Victory and LBX) and another Slayer/power weapons user in Roy

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm genuinely more interested in EU pro league this year compared to last year after these team changes. All teams seem really close which should make for an interesting season.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel optimistic about this EG team, basically Ninja has 2 support players ( Victory and LBX) and another Slayer/power weapons user in Roy

Towey has been stressing this, but they just need to be faster in OBJ gametypes. Lots of times they will try to slay more than they need to rather than pull a flag or stack a SH.

Question to all. Is it better to be a team that has to learn OBJ or increase slaying power?

I feel like you're much more likely to adapt to OBJ than to slaying.

I agree. I feel it'd be easier to change up decision making and strategy than it would changing play style.

I'm genuinely more interested in EU pro league this year compared to last year after these team changes. All teams seem really close which should make for an interesting season.

I'm so happy more people are giving EU some love. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good thing about this EG team is that they are all relatively close to one another(Not 2gre), and EG has a team house. Hope they utilize it, I think having the capability to go over film, bond with your teammates outside of the game, and actually play next to eachother can make a huge difference.

I hope Ninja goes over there for like a week after Twitchcon.

Lol, pretty much. I have made skins that actually got tweeted by Beyond so I am not always extremely terrible. Probably the highlight of my Halo career. yhCQl9Z.png

I am planning to consume whiskey today so stay tuned for more masterpieces.

My Beyond AR skin

0XOu7mk.png

Love it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not too sure those terms hold much weight in H5 compared to H2A. Ninja was a top 5 objective player last season. Also top 5 in kills per game and number one in deaths but who's counting? :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not too sure those terms hold much weight in H5 compared to H2A. Ninja was a top 5 objective player last season. Also top 5 in kills per game and number one in deaths but who's counting? :simms:

LBX/Roy/vicx are enablers for Ninja to do his thing.

So I don't really follow any esports other than Halo. If anybody is bored would you mind giving me a short rundown of the 8-12 prominent orgs in halo? Like what other games they're involved with and how "big" they are relative to one another. I feel like I only know orgs in the context of Halo. For instance, I hear a lot of hype regarding TSM, but really have no idea why everyone gets excited about them.

If this information already exists somewhere, plz link me in the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 1