CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

because summit will

besides you're missing the point entirely, h6 pc will increase the overall player base 

if you don't think so you need to seek help

i think halo on pc could be the third biggest competitive FPS on pc if handled correctly 

I may have misunderstood what you meant by competitive FPS, do you mean moving HCS to PC?

12k is actually pretty low. Not saying I dont agree with you but I think everybody was expecting higher numbers.

This is a huge tournament prize pool wise with great orgs at the top and it's their first. Having 12k viewers for this LAN tourney, which we get for the pro league, is not good in my opinion as well.

Exactly. I figured there would be a honeymoon if anything because MLG on Twitch has a bunch of follower but you have to count the 1K watching on FB Live and people watching on MLG.tv. 

The biggest takeaway is that MLG shouldn't be seen (I don't think it is) as a get out of jail free card. Halo 5 needs to be fixed first and foremost. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't IGN or Gamespot pick up the story? Or at least reference it? That's pretty huge in itself. 343's incompetence and rudeness needs to be known by the gaming community at large. 343 has a bad reputation to the Halo community, but if they also had a bad reputation to the big gaming journalism outlets than it would spur Microsoft to action quicker. As it is, Microsoft is able to act like all of MCC and H5's issues never occurred because the community talking about them isn't very large.

MCC was left fucked up on purpose so more people would play the h5 beta. I'm 100 percent sure of that. That should have been a bigger story
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm still gutted only 4 pro teams are going to UGC.

I think the issue is that they're basically going to be playing online. Only ESL sponsored events have their own servers, so it would basically just be a kind of a scrim with money on the line. And playing while looking at each other's monitors.

I may have misunderstood what you meant by competitive FPS, do you mean moving HCS to PC?

i was suggesting that there would be a pc league and an xbox league

Not saying that we dont' envy what the gears devs are doing, just that it's not yielding THAT much return in terms of viewership.

How can you say that? Without the support the developers are giving for gears the viewership could be half of that for all we know.

Not saying that we dont' envy what the gears devs are doing, just that it's not yielding THAT much return in terms of viewership.

Of course it isn't. Its gears. They never got/get viewers. The stuff they're doing is amazing for appealing to already invested competitive players. The problem is that gears itself does not attract a large number of competitive players to begin with.

If you could pull 500 viewers you would be top 10 for GoW3 viewership all time if I'm reading this correctly so they've grown a lot comparatively.

After hearing this trash talk on the gears stream, WE CAN NEVER BITCH ABOUT SOMEONE SHOOTING BODIES EVER AGAIN. The Halo community is pretty tame compared to GoW.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the issue is that they're basically going to be playing online. Only ESL sponsored events have their own servers, so it would basically just be a kind of a scrim with money on the line. And playing while looking at each other's monitors.

It's way better than playing online. There weren't any complaints after the last ugc

You guys really think Gears is low at 12k? They are literally having their first big open event since 2009 later this month, and following one of the worst sequels of all time (Judgment) and a rehash of the original title with minimal hype. Gears didn't have our storied history of 15 years, hell they use to just get benches at events. They have the right people, game, and companies ready to go for the coming year.

Give it some time.

Up to 16k now

• Upvote (+1) 2

After hearing this trash talk on the gears stream, WE CAN NEVER BITCH ABOUT SOMEONE SHOOTING BODIES EVER AGAIN. The Halo community is pretty tame compared to GoW.

I don't know why people complain about shooting bodies/teabagging in the first place

• Upvote (+1) 5

You guys really think Gears is low at 12k? They are literally having their first big open event since 2009 later this month, and following one of the worst sequels of all time (Judgment) and a rehash of the original title with minimal hype. Gears didn't have our storied history of 15 years, hell they use to just get benches at events. They have the right people, game, and companies ready to go for the coming year.

Give it some time.

Seriously. Gears was in worse shape than Halo is/was and is pulling in as many viewers as Halo? That's a good start and I hope they can grow further.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Give it some time.

Thank you. I think people are just feeling a bit jealous/threatened.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gears will grow. The game is good, the format is excellent. 

Also, I see a lot of people saying we should be crushing gears. This is such a twisted mentality, we should be wanting any game with a passionate community to make it as an eSport. We can help each other.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Give it some time.

But I remember GOW UT season 1 or 2 finals or something like that had 18-20k viewers for the last match. So how is 12k for a big MLG tourney for a game that was released this month an improvement?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa really ripping on viewership? We're over 20,000 with Twitch, MLG, and FB for a $25k invitational for a game that has not an esports scene for a LONG time. Growth will come and we're stoked about hitting these #s for a game that couldn't normally crack the front page of Twitch. 

Haha I was waiting for @ post. come on guys, he reads the forums everyday.  17K+ viewers is massive. More than H2A LAN events last year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa really ripping on viewership? We're over 20,000 with Twitch, MLG, and FB for a $25k invitational for a game that has not an esports scene for a LONG time. Growth will come and we're stoked about hitting these #s for a game that couldn't normally crack the front page of Twitch. 

we got 3k for our last tourney its ok

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hey on Thursday Halo 5 will have been out for a year!

Is anyone planning on doing a write up regarding the game in its current state a year after release?

I was planning on something pretty big like this that highlighted MCC/H4/343 as a whole, even emailed others in the industry to get their thoughts etc, even had a site for it for the release of Halo 5 but ultimately didn't finish it in time and scrapped it. Didn't think about it for a year after thing though. Maybe I'll continue it for Halo 6, but really I don't think I have it in me. Feel free to take my idea and roll with it though, if you think you can do it well.

I've only played Gears of War 1 and only the campaign at that. Is GoW 4 pretty classic gameplay?

It's pretty close to the Gears formula.