CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it depends on release date, marketing and also how they handle a PC release.

If they handicap the release on PC with frame rate locks, lack of custom settings (FOV settings blah blah) then no one is gonna bother with it at all.

They'd also need their marketing to focus heavily on PC gamers. Right now I'd say when people think of Halo they think of Xbox and vice versa. That would need to be changed to have any chance of success.

It would need to be released at a slump in PC releases. There are a lot of big titles that get PC releases and Halo wouldn't stand a chance if it was competing against one of them.

Basically it's not impossible for Halo to be popular with PC gamers, but you'd need a flawless release. Halo 6 would need to be near the top of the list of most anticipated releases and it would need to meet or surpass those expectations.

Now take all of that, and apply it to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol

They've got the overall player numbers, viewer numbers good enough for how new the game is (over 100k I think for Eleague + TBS viewers) and they've got interest from all major regions EU / NA / KR / CH / CIS. They've only just started but give them a year.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't PC players had the shit end of the stick for Call of Duty for a while, though?

Yeah, they have. Which puts pressure on 343i to make a good port considering Windows Store has had some distribution issues and the PC community isn't a fan of it either. Gears 4 launch on PC was pretty smooth. 

Sure is a lot of non-HCS talk going on.  :thinking:

(Please continue; I actually like the Halo 6 PC talk. Just making a point is all. Carry on.  :) )

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey on Thursday Halo 5 will have been out for a year!

Is anyone planning on doing a write up regarding the game in its current state a year after release?

Is anyone planning on doing a write up regarding the game in its current state a year after release?

Props for those that have the energy to still do this and think it will make a difference.

• Upvote (+1) 8

would be nice to have the population numbers 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're delusional if you think that. Halo isn't a popular game and porting it to PC won't change that. Summit has gotten lower viewership everytime he has streamed H5 it's obvious people aren't interested.

Is it Halo or Halo 5/"modern" Halo that isn't popular? And even beyond that, it's hard to usefully gauge the potential for even Halo 5 on a bad PC port of Forge and customs. It's not a good look when big streamers pick it up and basically ALL of them are complaining about the mouse aiming. Not to mention the general lack of basic PC options like high frame rates, FoV changes, etc. That release didn't do Halo's PC future any favors.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If there is one thing that the HCS can take from the Gears esports realm is the fact that Gears of War 4 is on both Xbox One and PC. Some of us (me included) have said that opening up the fanbase to the PC world would expand the viewership. 

that is basically confirmed, well i thought so anyway, am i mistaken, 

ps the mlg gears tournament production wise is light years ahead of us.

Looking back at it, we still have radio silence for so much after the MCC mess. 

mcc is abandonware, really sucks but that's the reality 

• Upvote (+1) 2

the meta is so deep, you wouldn't even begin to understand it.

So deep you can't even begin to understand it.....LOL

aE0hReG.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bad wording on my part. I meant that you'd think after MCC, it would be priority number one to be clear with communication.

Edited to clarify.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bad wording on my part. I meant that you'd think after MCC, it would be priority number one to be clear with communication.

Edited to clarify.

oh i gotcha, yeah wtf...

What would you be looking for in that sort of write up? Something similar to the MCC 100 Days where it's basically a roast of how the game was after that period of time or just a look back at everything and a final note on what issues are plaguing the game?

I'm honestly in the mood to do either of those because I get on Halo 5 and I'm just pissed off at every little thing.

Looking back at it, we still have radio silence for so much after the MCC mess. You think priority number one after that would be to make everything clear for future projects - wishful thinking.

Nothing on servers, ghost melees, weapon balance, spartan ability balance, radar, stability (Left Fireteam, UI lag, etc) spectator mode, theater mode, observer mode, Warzone balance (bosses, enemies, etc), Firefight changes (or a fucking overhaul), blah blah blah.

So many issues, so little responses.

I don't think I'll waste my time with a third write up.

Still waiting for that Halo 5 review copy :lxthul:
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So deep you can't even begin to understand it.....LOL

Thank you. For bringing up a facetious comment in a conversation that already ended and taking that sentence completely out of context.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What would you be looking for in that sort of write up? Something similar to the MCC 100 Days where it's basically a roast of how the game was after that period of time or just a look back at everything and a final note on what issues are plaguing the game?

I'm honestly in the mood to do either of those because I get on Halo 5 and I'm just pissed off at every little thing.

Looking back at it, we still have radio silence for so much after the MCC mess. You think priority number one after that would be to make everything clear for future projects - wishful thinking.

Nothing on servers, ghost melees, weapon balance, spartan ability balance, radar, stability (Left Fireteam, UI lag, etc) spectator mode, theater mode, observer mode, Warzone balance (bosses, enemies, etc), Firefight changes (or a fucking overhaul), blah blah blah.

So many issues, so little responses.

I don't think I'll waste my time with a third write up.

I wouldn't waste your time honestly, my comments were more me being facetious about a write up given we've had the game for a year and still have all these issues and a general lack of popularity.

Was kind of upsetting when I realised after one year there were still serious issues with the game that haven't been (formally*) addressed.

(*there's a pun in there somewhere)

It's almost like MCC was mainly released as a beta for H5's platform and connectivity as 343's first title from the ground up.

And then given content they knew 100% people would buy (re-releases of 3 good Halo games) to ensure it had the population to be effective.

I'm still wearing that tinfoil hat.

It was to H5 what Mythos was to Hellgate London.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would have fun doing that. I promise I'll write about more than ARs or radar.