CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All right.  Probably got too sensitive about that.

I feel you're giving long responses and ignoring my actual point, though.

LoL isn't a great example of a meta evolving.

Sure, LoL's meta evolves a lot.  But LoL taken as a whole is not a perfect example of a meta evolving, because Riot doesn't give the game time to evolve.  Riot dictate metas.  They neutered lane swaps to force standard lanes right before playoffs/Worlds.  Champions that rise too quickly or stay powerful for too long get their legs chopped out from under them, 

DotA has longer patch cycles and so we see a lot more decisions about hero selection and map strategy based off what's strong or what's good against what's strong.

Then there's Street Fighter's which has essentially had the same gametype since 1987, and just swapped out characters.

Halo CE's meta had more evolution than Halo 5's, because there weren't developer-driven changes to gametypes after a few months of professional play to alter how the game was played.

Halo 2's meta had more evolution.

Halo 3 had great evolution on most of its gametypes -- Amplified and Onslaught grew as the game got more and more understood and teams' communication got better.

Then with Reach, H4, and now H5, we've seen a lot more times where games get changed often...we're not giving time for players to learn alternate ways to play against first order optimal strategies.  We see the start of metas evolving, but it gets cut down when the maps are given changes.  And we have to see new, fledgeling, unevolved metas come along to replace it.

That was long winded.

tldr:

We don't want to copy LoL.

Players should drive metas, not developers.

Fair enough man lol. I actually agree with everything here (Well except street fighter but I won't get into all that haha. I'll just say that parries in 3rd strike, Focus Attacks and FADC's in SF4 and now the crush-counter/v-skill/v-trigger mechanics definitely change the strategy of the game quite a bit haha). I was seriously hoping you weren't taking my comments personally. And you're definitely correct about everything you mentioned here.

I never need a tl;dr lol. I like when someone can elaborate on a subject. The thing about Reach that made it what it was, was the indifference for the developers to give us the tools necessary to create our gametypes from the beginning. There were many people clamoring for No Bloom and No Sprint (myself being one of them) from the very first Reach event. I was actually working at MLG at the time of Reach's release and introduction to the pro circuit, so I always amongst the community trying to discuss how to create the most competitive settings. And I agree, the meta did change quite extensively, but that's because we couldn't come to a majority consensus until they finally released the No Bloom TU.

The thing with H5, is that we have no control over these settings, which is saddening because we're the ones constantly pushing these settings. It's hard to be enthusiastic about a bunch of settings that a lot of people thoroughly don't enjoy. I'm fully aware that there are people who enjoy H5 how it is, but none of us can deny that there are simple tweaks that can improve the game drastically. And actually allow for more meta evolution. As much as we need players to drive meta, developers need to give tools/some control so that this can happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If there is one thing that the HCS can take from the Gears esports realm is the fact that Gears of War 4 is on both Xbox One and PC. Some of us (me included) have said that opening up the fanbase to the PC world would expand the viewership. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Heinz should play with NV if lol doesn't go to ugc. Reunite ambush but with huke in formals place

Huke is pretty much the reverse formal.

Both were considered to be the best of the best in the games they were playing. Formal leaves halo and becomes one of the best players in Cod, Huke leaves Cod and becomes one of the best players in Halo. Both communities want to see them come back to play their game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If there is one thing that the HCS can take from the Gears esports realm is the fact that Gears of War 4 is on both Xbox One and PC. Some of us (me included) have said that opening up the fanbase to the PC world would expand the viewership. 

Unless competitive Halo were to be moved to PC I don't think it will make much of a difference. 

Halo 6 is coming to PC, it's not even speculation at this point. 

You had Halo 5: Forge as a test bed, Halo Wars 2 and then Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah we need to chill on this settings talk. Now you guys are talking about settings for games other than Halo.

Not that I wanted to even keep discussing this stuff anyway, but why is it that when there's 5 pages talking strictly about Gears of War, no mods say anything. But a discussion actually happens "please take your text walls to another thread"? Lol I literally don't understand the extemporaneous rules in this thread sometimes. But I guess man lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

More people playing, more viewers.

Why would people play Halo 6 on PC? CoD isn't nearly as popular on PC and is GoW4 popular on PC? Just making a game available on PC doesn't mean it will immediately gain a bunch of players.

Why would people play Halo 6 on PC? 

because summit will

besides you're missing the point entirely, h6 pc will increase the overall player base 

if you don't think so you need to seek help

i think halo on pc could be the third biggest competitive FPS on pc if handled correctly 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

because summit will

besides you're missing the point entirely, h6 pc will increase the overall player base 

i think halo on pc could be the third biggest competitive FPS on pc if handled correctly 

I picked up Gears of War 4 because the PC version was dope and it let me play the campaign and whatever else at 60FPS while still look better than the console version at 30FPS.

The PC market just has so many people that want to jump into Halo but don't want to deal with a console, as Halo 5: Forge proved when it initially came out. It's a shame the hype died down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

because summit will

You're delusional if you think that. Halo isn't a popular game and porting it to PC won't change that. Summit has gotten lower viewership everytime he has streamed H5 it's obvious people aren't interested.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I picked up Gears of War 4 because the PC version was dope and it let me play the campaign and whatever else at 60FPS while still look better than the console version at 30FPS.

The PC market just has so many people that want to jump into Halo but don't want to deal with a console, as Halo 5: Forge proved when it initially came out. It's a shame the hype died down.

I think you are vastly overestimating the amount of PC gamers who want to play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people have been clamoring for true halo support on pc for years

halo is a huge brand name, people will buy it

You're delusional if you think that. Halo isn't a popular game and porting it to PC won't change that. Summit has gotten lower viewership everytime he has streamed H5 it's obvious people aren't interested.

k bro i'm delusional

can you even name the third biggest competitive fps on pc? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you are vastly overestimating the amount of PC gamers who want to play Halo.

I personally think you're underestimating, but both of us have no solid numbers to back it up so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Halo 6 is coming to PC, it's not even speculation at this point. 

You had Halo 5: Forge as a test bed, Halo Wars 2 and then Halo 6.

Oh for sure, but like Destroyer said CoD is on PC but its not big because people play on PC. I think Halo will be different because PC players have always had an affinity for Halo, but like I said Gears 4 is the testbed for how Halo 6 will do on PC. 

Can you?

Halo won't be played competitively on PC so what does it matter. It won't be as popular as Battlefield or other casual FPS games.

• Downvote (-1) 3

people have been clamoring for true halo support on pc for years

halo is a huge brand name, people will buy it

k bro i'm delusional

Which one is the second? :holmes:

Oh for sure, but like Destroyer said CoD is on PC but its not big because people play on PC. I think Halo will be different because PC players have always had an affinity for Halo, but like I said Gears 4 is the testbed for how Halo 6 will do on PC. 

Haven't PC players had the shit end of the stick for Call of Duty for a while, though?