CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These last few pages confuse me..

Thanks Beyond for doing this! It sparked a couple of nights of no radar customs that we tested and it was a lot of fun. Made me want to play again and I haven't felt that since midway through HCS first season. I felt it really exposed players lack of awareness and confidence in their game. Of course, just like with anything in life, practice makes perfect and I'm sure after some practice it wouldn't be "random" or "unpredictable".

Sad to see the pros sarcastically joke around about how radar being off doesn't matter or w/e they're trying to get across with their well written arguments. Honeymoon phase? Whose fault is that? I mean just up until now we found out you guys haven't properly communicated the removal of radar with 343, why? because apparently nobody tested it? why? because who fucking knows.. so thanks laughing at someone else's initiative when taking none yourself. I thought it was more unanimous that no radar would make for a more competitive game but oh well. Shout out to the pros who participated in this series last night. It was some of the most fun I had watching Halo 5. Shout out to beyond for making it happen, and Deucey who has done such great work for evolved and always goes about promoting them in a healthy way.

This is the perfect post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't want radar, but I feel the need to point something out:

Optic would most likely be even better without radar. Could you imagine trying to guess where Frosty fucking went? Lethul is always everywhere, and so is Snakebite. They have the best teamwork in H5 by FAR too, and Royal 2 is Royal 2. They have no reason (imo) to oppose radar in any serious capacity. @LethuL seemed to be on board at least in theory with the idea of a Spartan Ability/Sprint tracker.

You can't be sure that there will be as dominant, it's literally impossible to predict. What is for sure now is that they are the best.

I really don't feel as if autos in this game as they are, or even with damage nerfs have much of a place in competitive Halo.

Is there any reason why we haven't received any unique, difficult, and good weapons? No, the plasma caster and Hydra don't count. Both have been reduced to close range spam machines, and the Hydra's other role locks onto people. No thanks.

Autos as they are are just another way to deal damage without as much effort. There's no trade off with them, provided you have at least the intelligence of an ant to not use them at long range.

They really don't make sense to me at all.

Unrelated point: It's shocking how many weapons are in this game that aim for you.

Boltshot, hydra, scattershot deflection, plasma pistol, needler, suppressor...

I realize some of these weapons aren't useful, but it's seriously weird how big of a portion of our sandbox guides your shots for you.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Watching this Gears 4 Tourney..........did the game just pause everything because of a lag out or technical issue? Imagine if there was a  feature in Halo 5 where everything stops and resumes when the player that lagged out rejoined #wishfulthinking

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got the Scrim page on my site updating live so you dont have to reload the page to check if new games have been recorded. After some more tests Ill push it to the live site.

Video Inc.

EDIT: Should a ping sound be played when a new game is added? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I love the Gears franchise and absolutely love the multiplayer but it's so weird for me to watch competitive, I don't know what's even happening half the time.

I really don't feel as if autos in this game as they are, or even with damage nerfs have much of a place in competitive Halo.

Is there any reason why we haven't received any unique, difficult, and good weapons? No, the plasma caster and Hydra don't count. Both have been reduced to close range spam machines, and the Hydra's other role locks onto people. No thanks.

Autos as they are are just another way to deal damage without as much effort. There's no trade off with them, provided you have at least the intelligence of an ant to not use them at long range.

They really don't make sense to me at all.

Unrelated point: It's shocking how many weapons are in this game that aim for you.

Boltshot, hydra, scattershot deflection, plasma pistol, needler, suppressor...

I realize some of these weapons aren't useful, but it's seriously weird how big of a portion of our sandbox guides your shots for you.

Other than the Hydra, none of those weapons aim FOR you. You have to aim at the person first, like any other gun, and then the projectile will eventually hit the target. Just like any other weapon. In fact, you could argue they're worse than other weapons because it takes longer for the projectile to get to the enemy, which means they can duck behind cover. If you're talking about a huge red reticle range, then sure, it's possible (I don't know off the top of my head) that those weapons have a wider range of lock on. But in terms of pure "aim at the enemy, hit the enemy," they're no different. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should a ping sound be played when a new game is added? 

Give me a toggle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Out of the 8 people who played last night, none of them have posted their thoughts about no radar. That is an issue.

They've given short answers via Twitter, but I'm glad they haven't jumped in here and just started spewing their first reactions. 

Mikwen for one said he wants to think it through and give some actual insight without being biased. Ola said on Twitter he thought it was solid, needs some adjustments (I believe), but didn't want to just fly off at the handle with his opinion. I'm not even sure why them not commenting yet would be an issue at all.

I've never really watched Gears before. Is there a reason the player's reticle isn't shown? Is that how it's been in the past?

There isn't one

Watching this Gears 4 Tourney..........did the game just pause everything because of a lag out or technical issue? Imagine if there was a  feature in Halo 5 where everything stops and resumes when the player that lagged out rejoined #wishfulthinking

i was shocked that was a thing but i wonder why this isn't a thing for halo 5

It's a very standard feature in comp games. CSGO even has it implemented into matchmaking so if someone lags out or crashes the team can give them a little time to return (obviously for MM there's timer to stop trolling).

Gears spec mode is alright except the bottom 5th being covered by control options. Does it have the players up / dead + hp? EDIT; I seen it!

Still some glitches to iron out lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the easiest and most effective change that would receive truly unanimous support is to reduce the number and spawn frequency of Splinter grenades. 

Places where 2 splinters spawn need to be changed to 1, and places with a single splinter spawn need to have their spawn time doubled. This is the most gentle possible thing that you can do. You don't remove the splinter mechanic from the meta entirely, nor do you make the parts of the map where they spawn completely pointless to visit. (Think about splinter spawns on Stasis, Rig, and Plaza: they're pretty open, dangerous places.) Yet by doing this, you reduce the sheer quantity of splinter kills.

Is this a change we can all get behind?

• Upvote (+1) 2

While we're on the topic of potential changes... I'll just go ahead and throw my hand on the table.

Can we please get an option to turn grenade hit-markers off?

• Upvote (+1) 9

rant.

So you can have an opinion about how the evolved settings feel but my opinion is wrong? I thought it felt too much like older halos. It's an opinion after playing the setting for am entire night. A couple of the people from your evolved crew came in here and started bashing everyone that didn't like them, don't blame us for just giving our perspective on how we felt about them.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8