CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

RIP the United Front.

We were together and then we started viciously mauling each other. Shame.

olB0hX5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

At this point i feel like a beyond poll is needed. I have to admit it was pretty jarring seeing the sudden opposition to no-rader during the tournament, when it appeared to be a unified community position. A poll would help people cast their feelings without the fear of being negged and publicly called out. We kind of know how the pro's feel but the feelings of the beyond community as a whole needs to be weighted. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So Beyond is Pro Radar now ??. Pro AR too or should i say positional gameplay?. It was a good run boys, we have gone full Stockholm syndrome in 2 months we will be praising Splinters and Storm Rifles.

Lol no.

Just saying that more testing and practice is needed. More than a 2 week arena preview list. Additional weapon/PU placement/balancing required.

Beta Playlist required for those of us that cant guarantee availability for custom 8s.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point i feel like a beyond poll is needed. I have to admit it was pretty jarring seeing the sudden opposition to no-rader during the tournament, when it appeared to be a unified community position. A poll would help people cast their feelings without the fear of being negged and publicly called out. We kind of know how the pro's feel but the feelings of the beyond community as a whole needs to be weighted. 

I've done one here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14331-should-radar-stay-on-in-the-hcs/?p=828702

The problem is that now we've seen no radar and some people may have changed their minds, and I completely forgot to include an abilities only radar option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

first place 125k for gears invitational. This could've been halo.

Halo already had that with Worlds.

The reason Gears esports is getting a big injection of money is because it just released and it’s good marketing. Just like Worlds was good marketing.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if in a year the prize pools for Gears will be much smaller.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure about you guys, but I'm excited to watch Gears today :)

Meh. Might watch when Envy is on, but after watching multiple streamers play Gears I can't say that I see where the skill gap is. Feels like everything is up close and personal, and there isn't much skill with the shots but that's just me. Since MLG is putting this on I'll support but Texas A&M is playing Alabama today...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So Beyond is Pro Radar now ??. Pro AR too or should i say positional gameplay?. It was a good run boys, we have gone full Stockholm syndrome in 2 months we will be praising Splinters and Storm Rifles.

I highly doubt the majority is pro radar.

And crapping out splinter nades at a guy in my face is totally skillful. as we know from AR discussions it takes a genius level intellect to know when to switch to something that's good at close range for close range fights

• Upvote (+1) 1

no we are just being thoughtful of the situation

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think in some ways the area denial aspect of splinters is cool and interesting but they're just way too strong right now

• Upvote (+1) 2

Settings argument aside-----

PROPS to TB Team for holding the poll and putting on the showmatch.  It was seriously cool for you guys to do all that!  

I would LOVE to see more showmatches.  I like the idea of experimenting with different settings\weapons\maps we would like to see in HCS

Also having a show match with old pro teams reuniting would be really awesome.  Would love to see old final boss, str8, carbon, etc. teams fight it out on remakes of old maps.  Also seeing players like Formal, Enable, etc. that have retired would be cool.  :-)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Meh. Might watch when Envy is on, but after watching multiple streamers play Gears I can't say that I see where the skill gap is. Feels like everything is up close and personal, and there isn't much skill with the shots but that's just me. Since MLG is putting this on I'll support but Texas A&M is playing Alabama today...

Have you played GoW? It's probably one of the hardest FPS out there. This is a truly ignorant statement

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've done one here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14331-should-radar-stay-on-in-the-hcs/?p=828702

The problem is that now we've seen no radar and some people may have changed their minds, and I completely forgot to include an abilities only radar option.

So both the pro's and the community prefers no radar? Interesting.. For whats its worth I think no-radar is the way to go, it will help refresh the HCS...things are starting to become stale. A whole new meta will have to develop keeping the players on their toes and the viewers interested. No matter what your position on radar, people have to admit they would tune in to see how the pro's stack up with such a huge dynamic changed. 

I'm curious who you've watched, because between high level players with good movement, a LOT of shots miss. The high lethality plus the movement and aim skillgap is what makes crazy outplays against superior numbers possible in Gears (seems like the direct inspiration for the new Breakout settings). You have to get very close and maintain your accuracy in a gnasher duel while throwing off your opponent's aim. It isn't generous at all, especially in competitive tuning. I recommend watching Xplosive play the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/xplosivo7/ModernHummingbirdBORT

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is chaotic for people ??. Being able to flank?. I don't understand the unpredictable argument since the cooldown for thrust is constant and sprint also has constant speed. The same argument could be applied for older halos toos, since you cant know when a player stops moving and resumes movements, hence creating the "randomness" .

Radar is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Listen - I am sick of all you new school kids and all your stupid new halo settings

We need to start taking notes from the best FPS of all time, Goldeneye 007 N64.  C'mon guys imagine H5 with paintball, Oddjob, proximity mines, the golden gun, and autoaim  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

What is chaotic for people ??. Being able to flank?. I don't understand the unpredictable argument since the cooldown for thrust is constant and sprint also has constant speed. The same argument could be applied for older halos toos, since you cant know when a player stops moving and resumes movements, hence creating the "randomness" .

Radar is bad.

I just think everyone is too used to playing with radar at the moment. A lot of it can be avoided by just simply paying attention. That Truth CTF game for example is a perfect representation of people not paying attention. All you have to do is look directly at their base when the game starts and see how many people go to which side, so you know which directions to cover. That entire El Town sword strat could've been completely avoided by just looking straight ahead as soon as the game started.

Listen - I am sick of all you new school kids and all your stupid new halo settings

We need to start taking notes from the best FPS of all time, Goldeneye 007 N64.  C'mon guys imagine H5 with paintball, Oddjob, proximity mines, the golden gun, and autoaim  :kappa:

Lmao hey Oddjob was the truth yo. We literally had to make honor rules during sessions because of that god! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious who you've watched, because between high level players were good movement, a LOT of shots miss. The high lethality plus the movement and aim skillgap is what makes crazy outplays against superior numbers possible in Gears (seems like the direct inspiration for the new Breakout settings). You have to get very close and maintain your accuracy in a gnasher duel while throwing off your opponent's aim. It isn't generous at all, especially in competitive tuning. I recommend watching Xplosive play the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/xplosivo7/ModernHummingbirdBORT

Now that makes sense. What I watched was always slow but I'll blame @@LethuL for that. 

And to @@Unreall no never played Gears it never interested me, but 4 looks really good. Might watch Gears since its starting now actually :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just think everyone is too used to playing with radar at the moment. A lot of it can be avoided by just simply paying attention. That Truth CTF game for example is a perfect representation of people not paying attention. All you have to do is look directly at their base when the game starts and see how many people go to which side, so you know which directions to cover. That entire El Town sword strat could've been completely avoided by just looking straight ahead as soon as the game started.

I mean, the whole argument is that you can't predict the movement of the player out of sight. Well that isn't possible in any halo. What im feeling now is a resistance to change, and the only pros i have seen advocate for Radar are the one who have made the most money in H5 (Lethal and Royal2), not saying that they are consciously lobbying for Radar, but they are biased and their life security could be at risk.
  • Upvote (+1) 2