CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not saying that about everyone who is bad or isn't skilled. But there is a large group of people who act far and above their skill level and throw in comments about the settings and radar who need to just be reminded about where they actually stand in this non existent skillgap that we love to talk about.

The best game designers in the world aren't necessarily good at the game at all, let alone 'pro' status.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Speaking on 2grr can we get him in one of the eg videos @@Towey

He was in one a little while back, when they saw the refurbished Xfinity house for the first time, and did the racing thing. I suspect it will be difficult to get him in many future videos, as he's in Utah, and the rest of them are in/very near Illinois.

Look. Not to be rude, but why is anyone here putting any weight into the value of what pros say? What's the famous ogre 2 quote. "No bloom no skill" or something along those lines? No one here is doubting their skill in the game but if you actually believe their opinion of competitive merit of different mechanics holds any more value than any other member here you're delusional. Even forgers in Halo have learned to not listen to pro feedback when invited to test maps, we ignore what they said and watch the theatre replay and pull data from that.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that radar plays better. Just like we all know that a faster killing utility weapon would go miles to fixing H5's horrendous sandbox and movement options. If the pros don't agree then okay. We lose a valuable mouthpiece to 343 but that's all that is, and it's not like 343 listens anyways. There is such a thing as a wrong opinion.

Ah, a good ol' fashioned case of "Not to be rude, but... *insert ensuing rudeness here*" If you're going to be an asshole, at least own it. Additionally, you're an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

The only real way to see if this is the right direction for Halo is to have more play testing. Maybe 343 could make a no radar playlist and gather feedback from a wider audience.

I'm still annoyed that it wasn't tested at all during the Team Arena previews. But I imagine that they are shackled by their decision to group the Esports scene with common players- and the know no radar would get a negative reaction from them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best game designers in the world aren't necessarily good at the game at all, let alone 'pro' status.

I could be wrong but hes probably pointing out how people can be absolute trash at a game and then somehow speak as if a skill gap doesn't exist when their very existence is proof of how false their words are. Maybe hes just talking out of his ass though either way we do see that on this website and its predecessors all the way back to the MLG forums regularly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wouldnt want the meta to change if i was the no.1 team by miles. Nonetheless, no radar is a lot more interesting and enjoyable as a viewer. i would propably start playing halo again if 343 would start improving the game. Servers/Matchmaking, no rdr, balance autos

This thread is like the state of the American Electoral at the moment. Can we please just stop. All the options suck. Enjoy the game for what it is, and enjoy the ride. No reason to tear the community apart. Let's work on finding common ground, instead of pointing out how opposed we are, and why that opposition is wrong. United we stand, divided we fall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How so?

this game has a ton of issues and it doesn't seem like they are going to fix anything

maybe halo 6 will have fun matchmaking, working servers, and a spectator mode that isn't an embarrassment to esports 

is it 2018 yet?

• Upvote (+1) 6

this game has a ton of issues and it doesn't seem like they are going to fix anything

maybe halo 6 will have fun matchmaking, working servers, and a spectator mode that isn't an embarrassment to esports 

is it 2018 yet?

You think it's 2018 for H6 and not next year?

You think it's 2018 for H6 and not next year?

i have no clue tbh

i could see h6 dropping next christmas because h6 is going to just be the same base game as h5

• Upvote (+1) 4

i have no clue tbh

i could see h6 dropping next christmas because h6 is going to just be the same base game as h5

I initially thought they'd get some announcement about it this time of the year if it was coming out September of next year, but maybe they don't want H5 to die so quick. Once the next game is announced things will probably get worse so maybe we'll get an announcement or reveal at like Pax East next year? That's only if the plan would be a September 2017 release, but with the way they're still adding content, maybe they can hold off to September 2018. 

We would certainly be in trouble barring massive changes because the game we have now (not just competitive but pretty much all aspects) might not do so hot for another 24 months. 

So thoughts

@@Clicked @@Infinity i actually liked the casting a lot, some reptitive phrases from infinity but overall it was quick succint and it was paced very well; hardly any interruptions as well.

No radar looks good; I'm like the lesser amount of auto usage and how crouch walking has been virtually eliminated.

@@LethuL some point you're gonna have to substantiate on radar being good rather than "you're just bad with it"

More tournies like this will help playeds get used to no radar and make things less hectic; looked very messy as it was everyone's first time playing.

Overall good job and I'm happy to see where this no radar stuff goes.

Can Microsoft just announce MLG open LANs in NYC/Orlando/Columbus with a 50 million dollar prize pool plz?

thx

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This place turned from an almost united front to a cesspool of shitposts and negativity real quick. ctfo.

Evolved setting, or even setting that are close, are never going to be adopted by 343. Give it a rest.

If you want change. Real, achievable change, then you need to grow up and realize that your individual belief of an ideal game needs to marry with the REALITY OF THE FUCKING SITUATION.

Here are the priorities IMO that are realistically achievable on a reasonable timeline.

Fix trash servers/left fireteam glitch

Extensively test no radar

Fix autos

Fix splinters

Edit: would elaborate more if i wasnt on mobile while cooking pancakes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can Microsoft just announce MLG open LANs in NYC/Orlando/Columbus with a 50 million dollar prize pool plz?

thx

Wet dream. 

For real, they'd never do NYC though, cost is too high, Jersey is more likely maybe even Boston or Providence. 

This place turned from an almost united front to a cesspool of shitposts and negativity real quick. ctfo.

Evolved setting, or even setting that are close, are never going to be adopted by 343. Give it a rest.

If you want change. Real, achievable change, then you need to grow up and realize that your individual belief of an ideal game needs to marry with the REALITY OF THE FUCKING SITUATION.

Here are the priorities IMO that are realistically achievable on a reasonable timeline.

Fix autos

Fix splinters

As far as I saw, nobody involved in the development of evolved settings came in here and said they needed to/should be used. They said they know there's no chance. Other people brought them up as an option and then everyone started yelling.

This last few pages is full of straw men. Good thing it's almost Halloween.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As far as I saw, nobody involved in the development of evolved settings came in here and said they needed to/should be used. They said they know there's no chance. Other people brought them up as an option and then everyone started yelling.

This last few pages is full of straw men. Good thing it's almost Halloween.

Youre right. I should have said something more like, "evolved settings are not objectively better than any othe custom setting"

I only fully read the first half dozen posts about it. After that my eyes started bleeding.

Either way, Whether explicitely said or not, the implication was thats what we should ask for those which will just make 343 defensive and not do anything.

Fix autos

Fix splinters

Can I add to this adjusting power weapon and grenade placement? (And probably emanating a few as well).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1