CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In a practical world

• Universal Settings
  • Remove Radar
  • Nerf Slide Boosting (primary issue)
  • Nerf Clamber (secondary issue, not as problematic)
  • Tune automatic weapons
  • Rebalance maps

In a perfect world:

• All of the above + Sprint removed

Map re-balancing is a really big deal. People saw with the sword how drastically no radar can change weapon balance and changes like Sword to top mid on truth will be essential in making No Radar work properly.

Things like:

The sniper has been indirectly nerfed a bit

Auto's have been indirectly nerfed a bit

Shotgun and have been nerfed a lot

Sword is broken

Splinters have been nerfed a bit, etc

Thruster as we noticed is insane now as well, not just for map movement but there were multiple situations where CQC fights were turned on their head because a player has a thrust banked up and they could instantly escape their opponents sight-lines, causing the look-around-roulette.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you really think that just playing your version of this game is the key? This is an honest question. Your posts aren't complete trash but you seem so deep into  this idea that evolved settings and making this game as exact to H1 as H5 will go is the key. If it was the key wouldn't it be so unanimous to most people? You word your posts well but you seem just so entrenched in your vision of the game. Obviously I want the game to be better please don't ask me generic questions to strengthen your argument. If you really think this game being stripped of all jumps improves it I just don't want to converse with you about it lol.

EDIT: I don't go to the settings thread please tell me the 4 shot pistol idea is dead. 

Get @@LethuL a SNICKERS 2016

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You should try the settings before you bash them.

Those aren't even settings they are a complete change of the meta of Halo 5, a completely new game.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's still a settings change.

It removes sprint, thrust, stabilizer, clamber and it completely removes the vision of what the game was intended. They are cool changes for custom games that's it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 14

It's still a settings change. No point in saying how bad it is before you try it. Sorry it's a little more in line with the games that made the franchise what it is. Didn't realize that was a bad thing.

I never said it was a bad thing and if you want those settings being the norm again your best bet is Halo 6 or H3A if it even happens.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never said it was a bad thing and if you want those settings being the norm again your best bet is Halo 6 or H3A if it even happens.

I don't want them to be the norm. Just a playlist with party restrictions and I'll be good. I dont care about what the "competitive" settings are as long as there is a no radar, utility weapon playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It needs more testing, sure, weapons placement would need to change, yeah. But no radar has multiple positive effects on the game as it is already. Less crouching/camping, less auto usage, more flanks, more map movement, faster gameplay, more fun to watch.

Question shouldn't be whether to include noradar settings but how to change the settings/layours around it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys... Let me list all of the balance changes 343 has made in almost a year:

Plasma caster Buff

Hydra Buff. 

I'm not holding my breath for anything to change. (except for them moving some weapons around.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys... Let me list all of the balance changes 343 has made in almost a year:

Plasma caster Buff

Hydra Buff.

I'm not holding my breath for anything to change. (except for them moving some weapons around.)

Hey that's not fair, they also swapped some weapons around, and tried to use binaries on Coli (holy hell they are clueless).
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I wanted to play h3 I'd go play mcc or h3. When I tried the evolved setting they seemed terrible to me for this game.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 16

If I wanted to play h3 I'd go play mcc or h3. When I tried the evolved setting they seemed terrible to me for this game.

Please tell me you honestly don't think Evolved plays anything at all like H3. That is beyond ridiculous. Jesus.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Please tell me you honestly don't think Evolved plays anything at all like H3. That is beyond ridiculous. Jesus.

This circlejerk is hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 18

I tried the evolved settings. They are shit for Halo 5. And these settings wouldn't magically make Halo popular again.

Weird. When the no radar movement started to grow I immediately said that I don't think it works as good as people expect and got negged etc. I also talked about the radar that only shows Spartan Abilities and Sprint.

Nice to see Lethul and Snakebite sharing some of my thoughts.

I'm not saying I didn't like what I saw but it is way too early to make a judgement on this.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 17

This circlejerk is hilarious.

I love it when H5 kids like you think that correcting people regarding custom settings I was significantly involved in testing is "circle-jerking." It's really cute, considering the thread that you spend most of your time in. Saying Evolved plays like H3 is just fucking ignorant. Period. So is saying "they aren't even settings" in reference to custom game-types made entirely by toggling settings in Halo 5 to make it play something like an actual Halo game. Sorry if two people who have actually played it calling out bullshit triggers you.

​Oh, actually, I'm not.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Okay I've got a question for all the hard or H5 fans.

How is it that you guys can praise the H5 movement system sooooo much, but simultaneously say the game is too random or "chaotic" without radar? How is it that this new movement system is somehow so skillful that it requires an item on your screen to literally tell you people's exact location? That seems like the most contradicting thing ever.

Why not push for changed weapon layouts and no radar instead of relying on the most game-breaking gimmick in the game? If this game launched with no radar I can guarantee you nobody would be saying "this game is too random we need a radar", and if you did you would have 100% been shit on for that opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love it when H5 kids like you think that correcting people regarding custom settings I was significantly involved in testing is "circle-jerking." It's really cute, considering the thread that you spend most of your time in. Saying Evolved plays like H3 is just fucking ignorant. Period. So is saying "they aren't even settings" in reference to custom game-types made entirely by toggling settings in Halo 5 to make it play something like an actual Halo game. Sorry if two people who have actually played it calling out bullshit triggers you.

​Oh, actually, I'm not.

They are just a cool dumb variant nothing special, don't try to say that they are the best thing ever created. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13