CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's no question that the game will be more difficult without radar. What I would like would be for pro players to play more than one day of it before they decide that it's hard because it's broken rather than that it's hard because they've been playing a game where they're gifted omnidirectional awareness for a year.

• Upvote (+1) 9

We're about to start going in circles. Well circles within circles anyways lol. We're going to turn off radar then decide sprint etc are a problem and turn those off only to realize the maps aren't the right shape to support that gameplay and then we will beg for maps that are designed with normal movement speed in mind. Maybe then we'll play on mostly forge maps and bump movement speed up until it feels like we're sliding around everywhere. It'll still feel bad. The real problem is that we probably can't "fix" the game. Only 343 can do that.

Too bad old Halo wouldn't work in this day and age  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Too bad old Halo wouldn't work in this day and age  :kappa:

Its really unfortunate that there are obviously so many people that just want iteration (not a remake) on Halo 2 or 3 rather than a total reinvention and then they get totally ignored and try to push the square peg through the round hole when 343 releases a new game that is nothing that they wanted or asked for. They (MS/343) really should just make a new IP if they want to try and make something new and crazy rather than bait all of these people repeatedly by putting Halo in the title. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Question: How would you guys feel if the ability to slide directly after thrusting was removed, therefore reducing the amount of "flying" that goes on?

The game becomes less erratic, but slower. Would any aspects of the game really suffer badly?

Why is he getting negged, he asked a question. Anyways, I'm sure there would be some minute movement changes in terms of paths that are taken, but I would assume that the meta as a whole would remain intact.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This Radar debate reminds me of 2 people arguing over voting for Trump or Hillary

Douche bag or turd sandwhich? Kappa

Aruging about whether or not competitive Halo settings should have radar or not.

Halo in 2016 everyone. What a time to be alive!

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I just want Halo 6 to have fast base movement speed, thrust and no sprint.

Is that too hard 343?

EDIT: And have a PC version too.

Honestly if the servers registered shots and you sped up the time to kill on the pistol (4 shots) would we still be on here complaining about everything from radar to promethian architecture?

Speed up the ttk for the pistol so that it even outdoes the storm rifle at close range if you place all your shots and the servers are good enough to detect them. I'm surprised you guys dropped this conversation awhile back.

Welp, at least there's some discussion here. At the end of the day, I think having this tourney has definitely progressed comp. Halo in the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welp, at least there's some discussion here. At the end of the day, I think having this tourney has definitely progressed comp. Halo in the right direction.

Yeah, at least we aren't talking about Ninja making money or Gears of War announcements.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its really unfortunate that there are obviously so many people that just want iteration (not a remake) on Halo 2 or 3 rather than a total reinvention and then they get totally ignored and try to push the square peg through the round hole when 343 releases a new game that is nothing that they wanted or asked for. They (MS/343) really should just make a new IP if they want to try and make something new and crazy rather than bait all of these people repeatedly by putting Halo in the title. 

Yeah it does suck. For the record I have played with no radar and I enjoyed it. If no radar is going to be a thing, then I think that weapons and powerups are going to need changed around or even some weapons taken out. So in the context of Halo 5 I'd prefer radar be taken out, but I can see both sides on radar. As far as having no sprint in Halo 5 being taken out, I think it should stay just because of the abilities surrounding it. I only prefer sprint in the context of Halo 5. The maps and jumps, etc were designed around these abilities so it would play pretty differently. Halo Reach and Halo 4 maps weren't big and dare I say, at least Halo Reach, played like OG Halo maps just with sprint and abilities.

Preferably overall I'd like to see no sprint and no radar for a next installment, whether it be a non-existent Halo 3 anniversary or Halo 6. 343 has these moments of greatness. Ex. No Bloom, Halo 4 turbo, H2A (but I guess that's more Certain Affinity). But then we get New Halo which is completely something different. I think that H2A was a great basis of a game for future installments and personally the only thing that I thought was bad about it was lack of maps and the fact that it was on MCC. In an age where you can fly across maps and wall jump and the other nonsense you can do in Call of Duty (for the record I do like watching it just not playing it) H2A was pretty refreshing after 2 pretty mediocre Halos. If there had to be new mechanics in Halo while still maintaining old Halo would just be to have a good thruster implemented. 

So since this is somewhat of a lose-lose situation, what do you feel should happen? Not what will happen, or what is practical, but what are your preferences?

Lets say this was practical and 343 was open to it; would the majority of us support no spartan abilities competitive H5 on forged maps?

It seems to me like most of us are here waiting for H6 and hoping against hope that 343 decides for some drastic changes.

In a practical world

• Universal Settings
  • Remove Radar
  • Nerf Slide Boosting (primary issue)
  • Nerf Clamber (secondary issue, not as problematic)
  • Tune automatic weapons
  • Rebalance maps

In a perfect world:

• All of the above + Sprint removed
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fortunately for Lethul I am not. I was actually thinking about playing with LOL (I think that's their name still) when they were having trouble finding a 4th, but it really wouldn't have been fair to them not being able to give 150%. *back to lurking*

So what would it take for you to come back?

guys comprehend that when I say made to have radar I mean sprinting incorporated with these maps. The weapon layouts. thrusting, ground pounding, etc etc. I understand old halo games initially had radar enabled. Obviously you can get where I am coming from when I say halo 5 isnt exactly on the same base as old halo games

I can see how you can think that, I just disagree with "halo was designed for x" because that statement literally means nothing. Regardless of intentions, what works best works best. As a spectator and player, I would rather have no radar as sitting still waiting for radar intel is not something that is fun for me and many others

My personal opinion, I think we should keep no radar. The gameplay plays a lot faster imo because players are able to make pushes without having to constantly worry about being spotted. I don't buy into the reasoning that it causes the gameplay to unpredictable. It only appears too unpredictable because we've been too dependent upon radar this entire time and teams aren't communicating as effective as they need to be and their awareness is down.

But with that being said, all these guys are fantastic players. I feel like they can adapt over time. And I don't know about you guys, I'm ready to see faster paced flags games. I hate seeing Fathom guying into OT constantly. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here is what I got out of watching the showmatch:

- Halo 5 is snowbally, due to alot of the issues @@SnakeBite pointed out regarding weapons spawns etc.  The advantages you gain when the momentum swings are overpowered IMO for the majority of the maps.  It should be harder to dominate in that fashion, and the gains shouldnt make the game spiral as far out of control as it currently does.   

- On most of the maps, no radar actually made the snowball factor a bit worse.  Could partly be due to how the teams played the maps, the meta would shift with no radar. On Rig though, it actually seemed to be an improvement.  That might be the only map it was really clear.  

- Due to the issues listed above, no radar plus shotguns, scatters, casters, etc. seem way overpowered.  I don't think it makes sense to have Camo and Shotty on the same map if no radar is the thing.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also before I get asked I personally think a radar that shows things like thrust/groundpound maybe sprininting would be the best but like I said I dont really mind either way.

This 100%

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Due to the issues listed above, no radar plus shotguns, scatters, casters, etc. seem way overpowered.  I don't think it makes sense to have Camo and Shotty on the same map if no radar is the thing.

so having a power weapon on top of a power up is overpowered. I mean... duh?

also if you were camo, you didn't show up on radar anyway. I dont get what you're saying. if anything you're now less powerful as being a camo shotty guy.

and now that you don't know if someone is right around a corner, shotguns become less powerful because you don't know how far away they are.

so having a power weapon on top of a power up is overpowered. I mean... duh?

There are too many different types of power weapons.  camo and snipe\rockets is powerful.  if those are the only options for power weapons on a map there are limited options to stack these.  If the map has sniper, caster, and shotty it just seems to be too many power weapons to go with a power up.  contributes to the snowball factor.  I dunno just a thought.  :-)

Can anyone explain the sudden usage of boltshots recently? 

2 Boltshot bursts + 1 BR shot.

Also it FORCES thruster usage in a gun battle.

Mark my words, it will be the next weapon to be buffed.

The holy triple of caster/hydra/boltshot complete the no-aim-required weapon set.

Boltshot isn't getting buffed any time soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think clamber hurts the gameplay more than sprint. You can't "miss" jumps now.

try jumping top bridge from pit on fathom and tell me you cant miss jumps. this community seems to enjoy nitpicking and whining a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1