CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Needs more usage of the word "hectic".

:lxthul:

LMFAO

Dude it's a new word every time I commentate I swear to god.

Last 2v2 tournament, the word of the day was "honestly"

I gotta get a damn thesaurus.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We had no sound against epsilon at Worlds, and even with Radar I was getting stealth bombed and spartan charged with no hope. No Radar would quickly bring in a lot more usage in them in my opinion. Also guys... I would like to say 1 thing to people now saying we have to take out sprint..... think of getting around these maps with no sprint. Think about it? the speed at getting around, the lack of jumps you could do... that's like cutting half the game out. 

What if we upped base movement to 110%, slightly boosted jump height, and kept auto stabilize?

Maybe we could get some forge maps in the competitive mix? Is that even possible?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We had no sound against epsilon at Worlds, and even with Radar I was getting stealth bombed and spartan charged with no hope. No Radar would quickly bring in a lot more usage in them in my opinion. Also guys... I would like to say 1 thing to people now saying we have to take out sprint..... think of getting around these maps with no sprint. Think about it? the speed at getting around, the lack of jumps you could do... that's like cutting half the game out

I'm all for cutting the whole game out and going back to H1, H2, or H3........Hell, give me NBNS reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We had no sound against epsilon at Worlds, and even with Radar I was getting stealth bombed and spartan charged with no hope. No Radar would quickly bring in a lot more usage in them in my opinion. Also guys... I would like to say 1 thing to people now saying we have to take out sprint..... think of getting around these maps with no sprint. Think about it? the speed at getting around, the lack of jumps you could do... that's like cutting half the game out. 

Going to dispute this one (I agree with everything else you are saying)

I play 1v1s and 2v2s with modified weapon layouts and no sprint (increased movement speed/jump height) and the flow is just fine, if not better. 

Sprint isn't going anywhere for Halo 5 though so who cares haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm all for cutting the whole game out and going back to H1, H2, or H3........Hell, give me NBNS reach.

Reach is an abortion that destroyed the community
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You cannot take sprint out of a game where 90% of the movement and maps are based around it.

I firmly believe sprint is going nowhere and will remain in Halo titles.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think something could've been salvaged after Reach, but H4 really put it out of its misery.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMFAO

Dude it's a new word every time I commentate I swear to god.

Last 2v2 tournament, the word of the day was "honestly"

I gotta get a damn thesaurus.

Now Simms has a comeback every time you take the piss out of him for saying section.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're damn right it is. NBNS Reach is a completely different game.

Why is Lethul seemingly the only pro even commenting on no radar right now when there was just 8 pros who actually played every map with no radar? I think it would be beneficial for more conversation on the pros side of things

Why is Lethul seemingly the only pro even commenting on no radar right now when there was just 8 pros who actually played every map with no radar? I think it would be beneficial for more conversation on the pros side of things

They are Twitter posters first  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

We've got an interview with eL Town and hopefully some players from nV coming up in 1-2 days!

Additionally, Beyond Power Ranks will return this weekend!

Regardless of your stance on radar, its an energetic time for competitive Halo :)

Now Simms has a comeback every time you take the piss out of him for saying section.

I JUST WANTED YOU TO PUT ME ON STREAM RICE

• Upvote (+1) 2

when I go from playing a lot of radar games to playing no radar stuff I feel clueless about what's going on on the map.

Players have been spending almost an entire year playing with radar and building their h5 playstyle around it. It's natural that the game might feel chaotic at first without it

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly don't see 343 removing radar for HCS. They are stuck on having universal settings. It is more likely that they will modify radar to only show players that are sprinting. At least it would eliminate the need for crouch walking. And Spartan charging would be less common if the radar range was increased to 40m again.

This Radar debate reminds me of 2 people arguing over voting for Trump or Hillary 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I was getting stealth bombed and spartan charged with no hope. No Radar would quickly bring in a lot more usage in them in my opinion. 

I am very worried about this, not so much in pro games but in Matchmaking. I have a feeling it'd become infuriating.

when I go from playing a lot of radar games to playing no radar stuff I feel clueless about what's going on on the map.

Players have been spending almost an entire year playing with radar and building their h5 playstyle around it. It's natural that the game might feel chaotic at first without it

Good point, but I personally don't think it looked like that in the series. Rig Strongholds had some pretty absurd Zone trades and Coliseum CTF was a disaster with no Cave control (as the players have already said)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This Radar debate reminds me of 2 people arguing over voting for Trump or Hillary 

I literally made this analogy the other night. It's lose-lose in Halo 5's current state.

CC: @@MaceX42

The least they could do is change radar to when you Sprint or use Spartan abilities then you show up. I'm for no radar but I would be happy if we succeeded with getting either one done

I don't mind if Pro's are against Radar, but when the immediate follow up is "it doesn't matter radar or not" then why shoot it down or mock it to begin with? Let's be honest, if Grifball was 2.5 million earlier this year you guys would be grinding it either way.

Props to those players like @@LethuL that articulate their thoughts on the issue btw.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They're too busy roasting it and the community on twitter.

It also needs to be played more.

Misery loves company, I feel for you, my brother in trolling.

Us shitposters gotta stick together its a tough world out there
  • Upvote (+1) 1