CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG has a ton of problems, but I stand behind this: Stellur causes teams to under perform.

How so? By being the best on pretty much every team he's been on?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I work in finance, and today we've been struggling with some inventory discrepancies. I go see what we have on-hand for our problematic item, and what do I see? First radar and now my job  :mj:

N3V5YA1.png

So what you are saying is that 343 is a discrepancy?

• Upvote (+1) 3

That would be so cool if Lethul joined nV for UGC :D The more pros at UGC the better

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh look, someone's firing the AR in bursts at medium range and outshooting a Pistol, because

1) it makes their own accuracy go up by virtue of how spread works.

2) The AR's perfect kill time is faster than the Magnum's perfect kill time, so aren't rushed into doing it.

dude holy fuck, about 50% of my bullets would have registered right there.

Don't full auto.

Oh look it works for the SMG too (Actually, I'm shocked on this one, SMG has enough base spread RNG that it's not reliable to do that.)

But again, anyone who says to me The pros just hold the trigger and full auto spray.

Here are two video clips that provide evidence they do not -- you can hear pause in the SMG cadence and you can actively see pauses in Ryanoob's clip.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

SC2 literally just got dropped by KeSPA across the board.

Brood War is being revived thanks to Afreeca.

I'm late on this, but actually the biggest issue with SC2's popularity was having to login with a battle.net account that purchased the game. LAN cafes are a huge deal in Korea, and it's a big part of why Brood War was and still is so huge over there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh look, someone's firing the AR in bursts at medium range and outshooting a Pistol, because

1) it makes their own accuracy go up by virtue of how spread works.

2) The AR's perfect kill time is faster than the Magnum's perfect kill time, so aren't rushed into doing it.

Oh look it works for the SMG too (Actually, I'm shocked on this one, SMG has enough base spread RNG that it's not reliable to do that.)

But again, anyone who says to me The pros just hold the trigger and full auto spray.

Here are two video clips that provide evidence they do not -- you can hear pause in the SMG cadence and you can actively see pauses in Ryanoob's clip.

All of this is correct but ignores the real issue here.

IMO, no one should ever die that quickly from that range in Halo because of an automatic weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

IMO, no one should ever die that quickly from that range in Halo because of an automatic weapon.

Speaking to your blanket statement, not to the state of weapons in Halo 5:

If they are aiming skillfully, why not?

I agree the precision weapons should have faster perfect kill times, but why shouldn't automatics be able to fight back when given skillful aiming mechanics?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I agree the precision weapons should have faster perfect kill times, but why shouldn't automatics be able to fight back when given skillful aiming mechanics?

- DeliriousPraubley 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

its problematic that it's easier to kill someone with an SMG at mid range than with a pistol.

They either need to reduce the Pistola TTK or reduce the effectiveness of autos... Or both.

I'm all for skillful mechanics accompanying each weapon, but a perfect performance from a pistol user at midrange should not be trumped by a perfect performance of a auto user.

• Upvote (+1) 1

True, but golf was distracting Romo from football, his real job and source of income.

Is H1Z1/being a streamer distracting Ninja from Halo or the other way around? He makes his money streaming, and his fans LOVE H1Z1. More power to him.

In 2 of my posts I say I agree with that, I would play h1z1 too if I was making that kind of money from it. However he is a professional halo player too. Making money from another source doesn't magically protect him from criticism or speculation as to the reasons for his poor performance. We're fans right? We're allowed to discuss why players aren't playing up to their full potential or having inconsistent performances.

Sick discourse.

It was a joke, dude. A shitty one, but you should know what those look like

4gyAzb6.gif

No really, I see the merit in your post. I was just being a Frank

• Upvote (+1) 3

What benefits does he get from Solo queuing for several hours without his team? Not a hostile question, just curious what we can come up with as valid answers.

1. Staying warm before Scrims

2. Practicing crispness of map movement.

Things you lose out on by playing without your team is strategy and decision making which imo is what Ninja specifically needs work on.

I agree to a point. I don't think Ninja should solo all day like he used to before the H1Z1 days. As that could cause bad habits. But no one said he had to solo queue. There are many pros and top AM that play throughout the day that he could team up with. Granted that wouldn't be as good as playing with all of EG, but it's better than solo queue. 

BTW. I don't really blame H1Z1, and don't want Ninja playing MM all day. What I would like is that he wouldn't go whole weekends like he currently does. I think there is a middle ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't dispute your assertion that there's an automatic weapon skillgap, but what we saw in those two videos from RyaNoob and Mikwen was NOT "fighting back". Their opponent was destroyed incredibly quickly. I'm not willing to label that as acceptable just because they both managed their rate of fire via staggered trigger pulls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it was 9.6 or so during the optic game

It got 10k flat at the end of the Optic series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it was 9.6 or so during the optic game

Sad thing is, if OC was streamed on /halo then we could've easily had 20k+ during the finals  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

its problematic that it's easier to kill someone with an SMG at mid range than with a pistol.

They either need to reduce the Pistola TTK or reduce the effectiveness of autos... Or both.

I'm all for skillful mechanics accompanying each weapon, but a perfect performance from a pistol user at midrange should not be trumped by a perfect performance of a auto user.

Ola is too OP to be fair

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't dispute your assertion that there's an automatic weapon skillgap, but what we saw in those two videos from RyaNoob and Mikwen was NOT "fighting back". Their opponent was destroyed incredibly quickly. I'm not willing to label that as acceptable just because they both managed their rate of fire via staggered trigger pulls.

Okay, both of you ignored the question I asked, and replied based off strictly Halo 5's weapon balance and sandbox design.

If the randomness of automatic sprays were removed, and given either a predictable vertical+horizontal recoil system a la Battlefield, or a consistent spray pattern a la Counter Strike, where you always know how the gun is going to fire if you hold down the trigger...

Then why should Autos not be able to ALSO have fast kill times?

Precision weapons should have faster perfect kill times than Automatics.  But that shouldn't mean automatics are incapable of beating a precision weapon at medium range if the precision user is missing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really wish Ninja would retire from Halo. He would be able to play whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The amount of shit talking he gets would drastically go down amd I believe he would be happier in his day to day life. I love the guy and everything he has done for Halo, but it feels like its time to step away and move on to the next chapter in his story.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1