CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• Lunchbox
  • Roy
  • VictoryX
  • Ninja

"Remote Analyst" - Ogre 2

First thing I saw was Ogre 2 and got excited then realized he's playing remote control. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG is scrimming LG now. 

I guess I see this made fun of a lot on here. 

Who said anything about making fun?

bWMg6vi.png

"apologize or we aren't releasing you"

If this was LoL he would likely be fined or suspended for part of the season. Poaching is a pretty big deal, but it's obviously the norm in Halo. He definitely got lucky by just having to give that "apology."

• Upvote (+1) 9

No Disrespect whatsoever to Ogre 2 but imo the addition of him to the 'roster' as an analyst or whatever will not make that of a difference when it comes to having EG being a top 3 contender. They could always prove me wrong however.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this was LoL he would likely be fined or suspended for part of the season. Poaching is a pretty big deal, but it's obviously the norm in Halo. He definitely got lucky by just having to give that "apology."

tbh i don't think he was forced, i think he just said it to show respect

EG isn't going away any time soon, no reason to burn bridges 

No Disrespect whatsoever to Ogre 2 but imo the addition of him to the 'roster' as an analyst or whatever will not make that of a difference when it comes to having EG being a top 3 contender. They could always prove me wrong however.

Every opportunity he's had to showcase his game knowledge, he's impressed immensely. He might not have the drive or the love for the game anymore, but he will absolutely excel as an analyst.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I was talking about the poaching of Huke from E6. 

CLG's LoL team was fined $10K for poaching. Obviously it's hard to compare because it's the biggest esport compared to one of the smallest. However, if Halo eventually wants to be taken as seriously as LoL as an esport then poaching has to be discouraged. 

Imo this "apology" doesn't do a good enough job of setting the precedent that poaching will not be tolerated. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

come on.

He was playing with the new nV and made it well known it was the new nV

then suddenly... no, it isn't! and he comes on the forums denying it. 

Not hard to imagine EG coming down on him and then that huge apology comes in. Clearly all related.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On this note, what would people like to see in the Showmatch? My initial thought was to have some of the talent (Casters) playing with fan voted pro players?

Coaches and analysts play. Fan vote for two pros (or casters) to pick and coach the teams.

This is where OpTic players have an advantage.

They have great views from there.

I thought OpTic's views were from 8th?

• Upvote (+1) 7

These orgs don't want to burn bridges with each other guys, I'm sure they told him to make an apology. It's really not a big deal.

Imo this "apology" doesn't do a good enough job of setting the precedent that poaching will not be tolerated. 

that's because it is tolerated

or maybe it isn't

rule book inc

These orgs don't want to burn bridges with each other guys, I'm sure they told him to make an apology. It's really not a big deal.

Burning bridges isn't a big deal, but poaching is. Poaching rules might prevent crazy rostermania moves, but it's a necessary step to increase the competitive integrity of the league. 

that's because it is tolerated

or maybe it isn't

rule book inc

It's something that should be included in player contracts as well, if it's not already.

Anyone else find it pretty interesting that Ninja has his heart rate displaying live on his stream? Cool to see it go up when he's hype or during an intense match.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Burning bridges isn't a big deal

:wutface:

It's something that should be included in player contracts as well, if it's not already.

disagree 

Waiting for the doctors of team beyond to analyze EG through ninja's heart rate monitor...

• Upvote (+1) 1