CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

First, why does he think the community is a family were everyone sticks together no matter what? That the community must be a single voice? And that voice must correlate to the Spartan view of things?

He says that he is disappointed to be apart of the community? WTF? Imho Spartan have got so much support and love from so many Halo fans that it saddens me to read this. He disappoints me when he put every Halo fan under the same roof.

Pistola said a couple of years ago that he hated the "community" and is this what Spartan is implying now? Who is the community? Can someone please call him?

I have been into Halo since 2001 and played at least 30 000 games and spent so much money on this franchise. As many of us has done. I have the right to say what I think about the fu***ng game. As a matter of fact, every customer has that right.

Compared to other games, the Halo community really does suck. Games like Dota, CS, LoL, Smash, SF, and CoD have done a tremendous job of catering to both casual and competitive players. I don't really know of any other game that has such a strong divide between the casual and competitive subcommunities than Halo. People who play LoL and CS casually LOVE to watch the big tournaments and they support it. However with Halo, that just isn't in the case at all.

I know that removing radar from competitive play would make things much more intense and fast paced for pro league stuff, but it would just alienate the casual Halo community even more from our competitive group. I understand 343's decision to keep it in to make it easier for the casual players to enter Arena and understand the gameplay, but it does hurt the could-be-competitiveness at the same time.

Just a double edged sword in this scenario I think.

Remove radar, alienate casuals even more.

Keep radar, kill competitive spirit of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Compared to other games, the Halo community really does suck. Games like Dota, CS, LoL, Smash, SF, and CoD have done a tremendous job of catering to both casual and competitive players. I don't really know of any other game that has such a strong divide between the casual and competitive subcommunities than Halo. People who play LoL and CS casually LOVE to watch the big tournaments and they support it. However with Halo, that just isn't in the case at all.

I know that removing radar from competitive play would make things much more intense and fast paced for pro league stuff, but it would just alienate the casual Halo community even more from our competitive group. I understand 343's decision to keep it in to make it easier for the casual players to enter Arena and understand the gameplay, but it does hurt the could-be-competitiveness at the same time.

Yeah, and LOL, CSGO and COD are doing great...and Halo not so much.

Came expecting a response from 343, but I was mistaken... *sigh*

Dude, I'm on the east coast and just now having my first cup of coffee on a Monday morning. The only thing I've accomplished thus far this morning is replying to one email. Which was requesting that I be entered in a company raffle for some playoffs baseball tickets.

I'm not one to cut 343 any slack but I think it's a bit unreasonable to have expected a reply already.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hoping Spartan comes in here to clarify his comments. Right now it looks bad, but it's probably not as bad as we're all taking it to be honest. 

I will say this community seemed far from ungrateful when Spartan wanted to quit Halo but the community rallied around him to pick him back up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are people so insistent on comparing Halo to other franchises in this manner?

What makes Halo unique is that the sandbox is so vast and diverse that it can attract and hold people whose interests are greatly varied.

it doesn't have to be a double edged sword. 343 makes it one by trying to force people to have common interests. if the majority of halo fanbase ever gains interest in Esports, it will happen organically- not because people have no choice but to play on settings they don't like. If Team Arena wasn't the only way to play Objective gamemodes in MM, I'm sure the casuals would have no issue supporting the removal of radar in HCS.

It's 343 that's creating these devisive attitudes by actively playing these communities against each other.

One thing that does annoy about the competitive community is this insistence that we are better for the franchise than all the other sub-communities. Halo is best when all of these communities get what they want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Came expecting a response from 343, but I was mistaken... *sigh*

It is 6AM PST on a Monday morning to be fair..

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you dont want the same thing I want then you are bad and band wagoning

#spartanlogic

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is why as a compromise since 343 might not take radar out we should have a radar that only detects you when sprinting, using Spartan abilities, and shooting. This way both the casuals and comps have radar and the radar is a little better for the competitive community.

So what is the next step? Do we wait for a reply from 343?

I think this poll has at the very least justified a 4v4 TB Tourney with No Radar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, I'm on the east coast and just now having my first cup of coffee on a Monday morning. The only thing I've accomplished thus far this morning is replying to one email. Which was requesting that I be entered in a company raffle for some playoffs baseball tickets.

I'm not one to cut 343 any slack but I think it's a bit unreasonable to have expected a reply already.

There was sarcasm in that response. No one actually expects 343 to respond:lxthul:

So what is the next step? Do we wait for a reply from 343?

I think this poll has at the very least justified a 4v4 TB Tourney with No Radar.

You tweet it to the people who matter. The pros must do that, the community must do that, everyone must do that.

Ungrateful is such an odd word to use...343 is working for us, not the other way around. The community drives profits and we should be pleased. We are the fucking customers, since when should customers be grateful for spending their money?

Some backwards ass logic. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im just waiting for him to tweet some bs like "sorry for the way I was acting on twitter last night. I was drunk". As if he didnt actually mean all the stuff he said

• Upvote (+1) 8