CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The most popular eSports in the world, CSGO, LoL and DoTA are exactly the same casual as competitive.

brb making 42 alt accounts to upvote

• Upvote (+1) 6

The most popular eSports in the world, CSGO, LoL and DoTA are exactly the same casual as competitive.

Each of these games are much more competitive-oriented than Halo.

The competition aspect of these games made each of them. The opposite is true for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's great... For those games. But this is Halo. are you saying that what works for CSGO, LOL and DOTA should work for Halo 5? Because it doesn't.

In fact, both Halo's competive scene and casual scene were much larger when they were separated.

Currently we have casuals leaving because the game is too esports focused, and Esports fans/participants leaving because 343 is catering to casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That has little relevance to Halo.

Console and PC playerbases are very different.

Yes, but all the people I know who play those games play it to compete. All my LoL and CS:GO friends only talk about are pro strats, climbing the leaderboard, watching tourneys, etc. It might be that the people I know just happen to all be competitive minded, but, relative to their playerbase, it seems to me that Halo's casual community represents a much higher portion of its playerbase than those other games. But I could be wrong, since I've only briefly played both of those games and don't follow the scene.

Edit: lol I didn't mean to be part of this train to beat up on @@Shekkles

Universal settings have never been a thing for Halo we don't need it to be that way, we need a specific HCS playlist and that's it problem fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since no one else wants to say it I guess I will.

343 should never have been in control of competitive settings in the first place if the community had control over settings we wouldn't have to deal with garbage maps like stasis, riptide, and uncompetitive elements like automatics wouldn't be in the game period same goes for Breakout. and we wouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to get updates. 

The competitive settings should be managed by the community and not 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Mah notification box guys. Help.

That's great... For those games. But this is Halo. are you saying that what works for CSGO, LOL and DOTA should work for Halo 5? Because it doesn't.

Passionate developers who are fan orientated is what these games have. People need to understand that competitive, at it's core, means "balanced". Infinite Warfare is not doing well from what I've seen of some of the Pro players. I've only heard bitching about all the random shit that's in the game. 

At the moment, Halo is not balanced. Therefore not competitive. It's not the other way around.

Yes, but all the people I know who play those games play it to compete. All my LoL and CS:GO friends only talk about are pro strats, climbing the leaderboard, watching tourneys, etc. It might be that the people I know just happen to all be competitive minded, but, relative to their playerbase, it seems to me that Halo's casual community represents a much higher portion of its playerbase than those other games. But I could be wrong, since I've only briefly played both of those games and don't follow the scene.

Edit: lol I didn't mean to be part of this train to beat up on @@Shekkles

I don't think it's a coincidence that the correlation between LoL being the most played game of all time and it's huge focus on eSpots is a coincidence. I played some LoL ranked and wanted to get into silver despite the fact that I didn't even really like the game. In Halo, which I like a lot more, I find myself not caring about getting into Diamond (I'm a plat).

I also feel like the developers don't care about the game enough to update us on the happity haps either, whereas the CSGO/LoL/DoTA dev's update and interact with the community minimum of weekly.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Warzone and arena are entirely different game modes and have no reason to be on the same settings. CSGO casual and competitive modes play on entirely different settings and I can guess that LoL and Dota have very different gamemodes that use different settings too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ive streamed 41 hours this month. how much more do you want from me :(

we'll forgive you if you do an interview

• Upvote (+1) 7

Warzone and arena are entirely different game modes and have no reason to be on the same settings. CSGO casual and competitive modes play on entirely different settings and I can guess that LoL and Dota have very different gamemodes that use different settings too.

I agree. LoL has ARAMs/Dominion for example, just like Halo has BTB/Warzone.

But ranked LoL is 1:1 to Pro LoL.

Team arena =/= HCS settings.

In my opinion there are too many people in diamond and onyx. There needs to be a larger distribution over all the ranks(except champion) I say this cause the only way to get below plat would be by practically gamethrowing for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

three of the most successful esports games also do not have a story or traditional campaign Lol,Dota,CSGO..

i love chief, but this last campaign was meh, and in my opinion  if we want halo to have a future, we need to put everything on making the best multiplayer version of halo possible and eliminate the traditional campaign. Keep the story going if you want with a series of animated movies that release over time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

CE please  :). Beach LAN did a good job showing that there is still a market for it. 

I agree. LoL has ARAMs/Dominion for example, just like Halo has BTB/Warzone.

But ranked LoL is 1:1 to Pro LoL.

Team arena =/= HCS settings.

Team arena is HCS settings isn't it? Am I missing something

god a competitive season of H3A would bring me so much joy.

Halo 5 is 343's child they will 100% drag out the competitive scene until H6. Campaign remaster is the absolute most I can expect.

• Upvote (+1) 1