CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd be interested to see how well a perfectly accurate auto could work.

Remove bloom, massively tone down the bullet mag and add a strong but predictable recoil. Keep the headshot multiplier and I think that would be a quite a skillful weapon if the recoil is designed well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

how we take the AR from a secondary and make it a true utility amongst other things.

You had me until here.

---

Look guys, 343i does not seem to care about settings we want. Look at us, as @@Snipe Three said, we're advocating for as simple of a change as radar. Radar! Do we honestly expect 343i to do anything else for us?

Our best bet currently is to try to fix the settings, and then we have to advocate on settings for H6. If not, I'm willing to bet it's going to be a hell of a lot worse then it is currently. Getting settings down for Halo 6 early will give 343i an idea on what to do before hand, and there will be more structure on what we need to get done. We shouldn't even be discussing removing radar this late, it's almost a year past release and we have to do this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it will.  When Infinite Warfare comes out and that MP is a ghost town while the MW remake is thriving... they SHOULD get the point.

No sprint/wallrunning for H6 pls.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just as a start as the very ultimate bare minimum I'd like to see removed after fall season.

- Radar

- Splinters

- Storm Rifles

Then start to fix things like the sniper magnetism and also options for how we take the AR from a secondary and make it a true utility amongst other things. Build on feedback after this but the top 3 things are by far my main concerns for competitive/arena settings.

And what about the (imo likely) circumstances that you end up disappointed for next season?

So slg is not joining infused according to his twitter.

Wonder who is then? Interesting...

So slg is not joining infused according to his twitter.

Wonder who is then? Interesting...

Wonder if they're gonna have to ask Batchford to come back. Again. (He's been dropped like 3 times now right?  :thinking:  )

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those that love Gears eSports, make sure to support this!

https://twitter.com/eSportsGears/status/787526131696009216

The pack is awful, unless you feel like wasting $500 to get the full set of skins. It's pretty fucking lame that these are some pretty nice skins and the ONLY way to get them is to spend real money on packs that don't even guarantee you get any of this shit.

Check this out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally I think it would be interesting to see a massive overhaul on H5 similar to the update 343 made to Reach (preferably larger in scale).

I mean Halo isn't gonna get yearly releases, but you could potentially make it feel like a brand new title through an expansion/large enough update.

Pipe dreams obviously given time and resources but could be a way of approaching improving longevity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also,

For those that love Gears eSports, make sure to support this!

I spent $70 on those packs and didn't get the skin I wanted. FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally I think it would be interesting to see a massive overhaul on H5 similar to the update 343 made to Reach (preferably larger in scale).

I mean Halo isn't gonna get yearly releases, but you could potentially make it feel like a brand new title through an expansion/large enough update.

Pipe dreams obviously given time and resources but could be a way of approaching improving longevity.

Big H3 themed update for H5?

Would fill that winter 2017 Halo void MS currently has. 

Big H3 themed update for H5?

Would fill that winter 2017 Halo void MS currently has. 

I fully expect H3A to be released as a map pack for H5 and re-skin campaign the same way HCEA was for reach.   I can't see 343 wanting to split the multiplayer, mostly due to the work involved (+how likely they are to launch it as a broken mess) and the fact it'd be much higher populated than their own game.  This years CoD will be the same, they'll force Infinite Warfare on the proleagues etc, but the casual fanbase are playing MW and ignoring it otherwise.

If they can fix the aiming system in the game, I might actually reinstall the game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Team Arena should have the competitive settings we desire, but there should be a social arena playlist for casuals with radar.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't understand why the aiming is broken.

I understand the aiming is off, but I don't understand what's causing it?

Can someone explain, please?

People did. But just like most things, we were ignored.

Fair enough. Next season let's riot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why the aiming is broken.

I understand the aiming is off, but I don't understand what's causing it?

Nobody knows. 343 won't even admit it's an issue so :D :D

For me personally it's like the difference between having and not having host back in H2/H3, 1 minute I can be landing perfects left and right and laying down the law with the magnum, the next it feels like my magnum is just simply trying to lay down and my reticle is fighting against me to turn.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm mainly just going to touch on the AR, as I agree with your changes to the SR.

Increasing it's recoil and bloom will just make headshots even worse, and less skillful. In close range, all you would have to do is aim center mass and either the recoil will take you to the top, or the bloom will get some bullets to the head. Simply removing the headshot multipliers makes the most sense, as even aiming center mass in Halo 5 currently can get you headshots. It isn't as if the AR has a smaller reticle that takes a lot of skill to aim with.

Regarding your implication that aiming center mass, rather than at the head, is a bad thing:

Point 1 you covered in your reply, but Halo 5's aim assist will "drag" bullets to the head. If the inner circle of the magnum has a line anywhere near the head it counts...so H5's aiming mechanics alone kinda put a damper on this ideal that aiming midmass is bad.

Point 2...

Have you watched competitive CSGO? In prolonged gun battles, they eventually aim at the feet, because of recoil/spray patterns.

Instead of the gun/reticule being visibly dragged up, the bullets just start going up with no visible feedback to the player.

At least with recoil, the player knows what they're hitting, and they're still trying to finish by aiming at a smaller target, just compensating by preaiming lower.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People acting like public opinion about wallrunning will stop them from putting it in.

Didnt work that way for everything else they've implemented in H4 and H5 that public opinion didnt want.

• Upvote (+1) 2