CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am pretty sure even the casual players are fed up of all that wall running and triple jumping, so no, I dont think H6 will have that.

I just hope h6 wont have sprint, I mean The Coalition knew that it is better to stick to the roots of gears than just change the formula.

Just because there are rich people doesn't mean there aren't foolish rich people.

The only saving grace in my opinion is the fact that knowing ninja, he will most likely give it to charity/his viewers.

Oh well.

Yeah dude you're right!!!!! Ninja better damned well give it all away to his viewers in the form of Dr. Pepper and Scufs!!!! Oh and he MUST send out a full apology for being good at his job!!!!!

/s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Other questions.

Covered this + Which Tournament Organizers and Formals they would prefer to see. 

Sorry for the double post. FTFY

If they are going to remove Radar from Team Arena, they would have to make another ranked 4v4 playlist that has radar.

It would be weird to have a 4v4 playlist without radar, and have no other playlist having radar.

Right now we just need only one playlist, as HCS aren't doing anything different compared to the Team Arena playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I am pretty sure even the casual players are fed up of all that wall running and triple jumping, so no, I dont think H6 will have that.

Which of 343's decisions in the past... 4 years(?), would lead you to believe that they'll pick up on and take a reasonable action based on that info?

Edit: Kill radar.

Also, isn't "disable sprint" an in-game option right now? Someone a few pages back made it sound like it would require a programming change

Just like they don't ask Astro to sponsor their non-HCS settings 2v2 and FFA tournaments? Saucey "said" he would put some of his own money for the tournament, but has anything come out of that?

Why this isnt negged more idk. Questioning his credibility is an auto neg. "S. Smh. Shut up

If they are going to remove Radar from Team Arena, they would have to make another ranked 4v4 playlist that has radar.

It would be weird to have a 4v4 playlist without radar, and have no other playlist having radar.

Right now we just need only one playlist, as HCS aren't doing anything different compared to the Team Arena playlist.

in h3 it was slayer (ranked) then MLG

I just hope h6 wont have sprint, I mean The Coalition knew that it is better to stick to the roots of gears than just change the formula.

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever roll back to nosprint. We were lucky enough to get rid of loadouts and flinch.

Team Arena IS the MLG playlist though. It just doesn't go by MLG or HCS because that tends to turn people away. It's still the equivalent of the H3 MLG playlist.

It's certainly NOT the equivalent of the H3 MLG playlist (which had its settings tuned specifically for the Esports community). Team Arena is currently a disfunctional hybrid of the MLG playlist and the Team Objective playlist.

It wasn't the name that turned people away from the MLG playlist- It's the fact that the masses don't like playing on ultra competitive settings.

Removing Radar from Team Arena would just give the masses something else to be sour about.

It would be like H3 having an MLG playlist, but no Team Objective playlist at all.

The only way to satisfy these 2 segments of the community, would be to give them both playlists that they actually enjoy playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's an idea that popped in my head.

What if, we had a consistent spray pattern like in CS GO, for auto's?

The AR has a considerable amount of bloom and recoil but the spray pattern is consistent, so players can counter the recoil to have a more accurate spray?

Just a thought...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just make splinter grenades not be a one shot, make the storm rifle overheat faster, and have radar be for sprint and spartan abilities.

1. Splinter grenades serve their purpose of cutting off areas.

2. Storm rifle serves its same purpose but requires more skill to do so.

3. Radar still serves a purpose of negatively effecting people who abuse spartan abilities while removing the advantage of "crouch plays".

Removing stuff from the game outright is both unrealistic and also really boring and ineffective development.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Team Arena IS the MLG playlist though. It just doesn't go by MLG or HCS because that tends to turn people away. It's still the equivalent of the H3 MLG playlist.

True but it is also the only place you can play 4v4 objective gametypes
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Warning, block of text incoming:

Ok so I played no-radar 8s last night..... I liked it. It fit my play style really well. I was constantly flanking around and being able to get away pretty easily (almost too easily, granted I wasn't playing the highest level players). It did kind of feel like with clamber and thrust having no radar made it almost too easy to escape gun fights.

Things I liked,  I could flank more, get away more, there was slightly less camping (I now think that camping is more to do with autos and not just radar), it made my team call out more accurately then normal, and it did seem to lengthen skill gap the weaker players in the lobby did REALLY bad and the better players did REALLY well.

With foot step being as loud as they are, put some of my worries  to rest. Also with all the trusting that people do to simply move around the map, it was easy enough to tell where people were if you have a good pare of headsets. Also as no-radar became the norm, it will become easier to predict player movements better, making no radar play even easier and less confusing.

Here is why you can't take my findings as gospel, 1. We didn't play a whole 14 game series, so all of this could be wrong. 2. These weren't the highest ranked players most of us were 1600-2600 Onyx in Arena and a few Champs in FFA/ Slayer. But there was also a Diamond or two in the lobby. 

The biggest problem I see with removing radar this late in H5 life cycle is this. If we get rid of radar for tournaments and not team arena then pros have no playlist with perfect settings, and it doesn't help us players who don't compete. If we remove it in Arena AND tournaments then it screws solo player (which I am most of the time) and low ranking players may be really mad at 343 and complain, and then blame us competitive guys. If we make a second HCS playlist and leave Arena as it is, that does two things, 1. Solo players are even more screwed because it will become the ultimate try-hard playlist with full open circuit squads destroying eveyone, and 2. it splints the population of both playlist, which H5 may not have this late in it's life cycle, it may only have 30k-55k a month. Leaving the HCS playlist doa.

My solution is, make a radar that ONLY shows players while they're shooting, which will make it less annoying for pros and noobs alike as they won't get shot in the back as much, and casuals will already be used to a radar like this as that's what CoD use. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 4

H6 will have sprint, radar and wall-running  :mj:

quote me

Maybe not, it's getting a lot of hate in CoD and every other FPS right now.  I could honestly see fps go back to being much more grounded over the next 3 years. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll never take a pro's opinion on mechanics as more legitimate than any other member of the community if more than 35% of them vote for radar.

Everyone should have known not to when some pros said H4 was the best, and bloom is skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fuel rod on Truth needs to be removed. At least for slayer. Why did we not rage about this more?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fuel rod on Truth needs to be removed. At least for slayer. Why did we not rage about this more?

The fuel rod is probably the only thing that stops Truth from being almost a perfect map. Get rid of that for something else, or just move sword up there considering top control is what that map is all about, its worth the switch to make the map better.

Maybe the Hydras can go as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe not, it's getting a lot of hate in CoD and every other FPS right now.  I could honestly see fps go back to being much more grounded over the next 3 years. 

I think it will.  When Infinite Warfare comes out and that MP is a ghost town while the MW remake is thriving... they SHOULD get the point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't understand the flow of people's logic.

-Automatics are just spray and pray weapons.

-We should remove the headshot multiplier.

These two points contradict one another.  Automatics, for the first time in Halo, actually have a bonus for aiming them and people want it removed to dumb them down even further.

Wall of text response in spoiler tag.

The AR's rate of bloom / spread (and perhaps its recoil) should be increased.  Increasing its recoil would make it a bit more unwieldy in up close, mobile battles, though it would encourage some degree of crouching at range (crouching removes the recoil) -- the increased bloom further encourages reticule resetting (AKA sacrificing rate of fire for accuracy), which effectively reduces the dps / increases the ttk.  This change would be most impactful anywhere from close to medium range, while still allowing the AR to be used at medium range to combat the pistol (which, although many of you probably disagree, I believe it should be able to do, so long as it's not by simply holding down the trigger.  Tap-firing the AR at ranges such as Bubble-to-Carbine on Truth, Pyramid-to-Catwalk on Coli, or Fan to Fan on Empire should be able to yield results if you are aiming right.)

I'm mainly just going to touch on the AR, as I agree with your changes to the SR.

Increasing it's recoil and bloom will just make headshots even worse, and less skillful. In close range, all you would have to do is aim center mass and either the recoil will take you to the top, or the bloom will get some bullets to the head. Simply removing the headshot multipliers makes the most sense, as even aiming center mass in Halo 5 currently can get you headshots. It isn't as if the AR has a smaller reticle that takes a lot of skill to aim with.

I'm mainly just going to touch on the AR, as I agree with your changes to the SR.

Increasing it's recoil and bloom will just make headshots even worse, and less skillful. In close range, all you would have to do is aim center mass and either the recoil will take you to the top, or the bloom will get some bullets to the head. Simply removing the headshot multipliers makes the most sense, as even aiming center mass in Halo 5 currently can get you headshots. It isn't as if the AR has a smaller reticle that takes a lot of skill to aim with.

Snipedown was talking about the best way to get kills with the AR during a scrim when people try to crouch to make you miss back when he was still on EG.  He basically said, "just jump when their shields pop and you get automatic headshots".  Only precision weapons should be able to register headshots period.  Of course with the tap-rate glitch it basically is a precision weapon at the moment, but thats another matter.

eagerly waiting for this poll.

• Upvote (+1) 2