CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Waiting for this pro player poll has honestly given me the closest feeling to that anticipation on Christmas Eve that I've felt in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What about a change in how splinters are deployed? I wouldn't mind if they were taken out, but I think they'd be fine if they needed to be cooked before you could throw them.... That way a player locked in a 1v1 would know what he's up against.

Maybe if they had a 1 second delay before exploding like frags they wouldnt be so bad but they are way to OP right now for sure

Waiting for this pro player poll has honestly given me the closest feeling to that anticipation on Christmas Eve that I've felt in a while.

My b :mj: 

I hope it is >75% in favor of removal, or at least modification so walking doesn't show up.

Here I am thinking that this poll could potentially be the springboard we needed for a bunch of great change. 

:mj:

Don't worry the disappointment is soon to follow.

-50% momentum after thrust

+20% jump height

no AR secondary

-10% pistol shot speed

no sprint

no radar

splinter only drains shields

can only hold 3 grenades at a time (2 frag and 1 splinter or sticky)

no grenade hit markers

no spartan charge

As much as I would love for sprint to be taken out, they are 100% keeping for halo 5.

There is no way they are gonna change their engine just to accommodate no-sprint.

They will have to modify their weapon sandbox and map design just so no-sprint can work

Primary Goal: Remove Radar across all of Arena, not just HCS

Secondary Goal: Nerf Slide Boosting to increase positional/movement predictability

Only case in which I'm okay with removing it. That's all I'll say on the topic since everyone and their grandma has a different opinion. Excited to see what the pros are going to say. We have a lot of cool questions in the poll.

I think you'd find that most people who play the game actually like radar- or wouldn't like playing w/o. It's not a good idea to affect everyone with changes that only the competitive community would appreciate.

If 343 were smart, HCS would have had its own playlists and settings from the beginning. Now the competitive population is probably too small to support its own playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope the pro players take into account the viewer experience and not only see it from their own perspective. The game must be fun to watch...simple as that.

I think you'd find that most people who play the game actually like radar- or wouldn't like playing w/o. It's not a good idea to affect everyone with changes that only the competitive community would appreciate.

If 343 were smart, HCS would have had its own playlists and settings from the beginning. Now the competitive population is probably too small to support its own playlist.

I don't know what you think Team Arena is but it's literally the HCS playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think he's trying to say, we need to differentiate a HCS competitive playlist and Team Arena, so the competitive community can distinguish themselves better.

Like with team Hardcore in MCC, and MLG in halo 3 and reach, the competitive community had like a *home* in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think he's trying to say, we need to differentiate a HCS competitive playlist and Team Arena, so the competitive community can distinguish themselves better.

Like with team Hardcore in MCC, and MLG in halo 3 and reach, the competitive community had like a *home* in the game.

Team Arena IS the MLG playlist though. It just doesn't go by MLG or HCS because that tends to turn people away. It's still the equivalent of the H3 MLG playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo does not need a separate playlist renamed "HCS". Right now Team Arena is the main playlist in halo 5 arena and it has competitive settings, because of that a lot more people are playing it than they would if we had a "HCS" playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team Arena IS the MLG playlist though. It just doesn't go by MLG or HCS because that tends to turn people away. It's still the equivalent of the H3 MLG playlist.

I know, I agree with you, I was just trying to explain, what he was trying to say...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo does not need a separate playlist renamed "HCS". Right now Team Arena is the main playlist in halo 5 arena and it has competitive settings, because of that a lot more people are playing it than they would if we had a "HCS" playlist.

exactly...

We really don't need another playlist to say, "oh look! We got a ranked team playlist.. Oh but what's this? It's a HCS playlist!!  Which one do I chose?"

It's literally, here is the competitive playlist, play.

And that's fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like with team Hardcore in MCC, and MLG in halo 3 and reach, the competitive community had like a *home* in the game.

I think it's more, removing the radar from the ranked playlist wouldn't bode well with everyone, especially since everyone isn't interested in the HCS rule set, it's just tolerable enough to play for them. 

I don't see the player drop off being that much but who knows. Some players don't play it right now since Assault isn't included because it's not apart of the HCS rule set.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, and that's stupid.

Team Arena should be for the masses. Making it the arena playlist alienates people who don't give a shit about HCS...

Even more so if you start do give HCS truly competitive settings...

HCS should have had its own playlist from the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

First of all, it Doesn't have competitive settings. It has radar, too many power weapons and bullshit autos scattered all over the place.

Why? Because they are also trying to please people who don't give a shit about Esports. These people make up the majority of the Team Arena playlist.

So what do you think will happen to the playlist population if they took radar out? Trying to keep normal players and high level competive players in the same playlist is self defeating.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

-50% momentum after thrust

+20% jump height

no AR secondary

-10% pistol shot speed

no sprint

no radar

splinter only drains shields

can only hold 3 grenades at a time (2 frag and 1 splinter or sticky)

no grenade hit markers

no spartan charge

H6 will have sprint, radar and wall-running  :mj:

quote me

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just shocked on some level that its taking us this long to relearn that we were probably right the first time. More than a decade ago. Sure its a new game. Test new settings blah blah. A year to even get to the point where most of us are finally willing to speak up and push for something that is relatively simple though? I don't even understand why it always feels like a fight and/or struggle to get better settings. Nobody loses when the game is better. There isn't a reason to hang onto things that just aren't as fun for the people that the playlist/settings are intended for. Change and improvement has been so slow that a year later people are just begging for the most basic changes. Like not playing on an awful map. Turning off a radar. Lol. Sure you don't want everything to change over night and alienate players but this is the other end of that extreme. Cripplingly slow change that may only arrive long after most people don't care anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H6 will have sprint, radar and wall-running :mj:

quote me

I am pretty sure even the casual players are fed up of all that wall running and triple jumping, so no, I dont think H6 will have that.

• Upvote (+1) 1