CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What about a change in how splinters are deployed? I wouldn't mind if they were taken out, but I think they'd be fine if they needed to be cooked before you could throw them.... That way a player locked in a 1v1 would know what he's up against.

I think we are sticking with fixes that are already available. We can't get 343 to even discuss turning the "Radar: ON" option to "Radar: OFF"

There is little to no chance that they actually make a programming/functionality change

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninjas probably got more in donations than Halo gets monthly players.

Too bad we will never know. Cuz you know....lack of transparency.

Dude wtf...

The day you get dono'd $61,000 (after getting dono'd $20,000+ the other day) is the day you will drink a lot and do worse things  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

They need to be strictly a zoning tool and have no kill power at all unless the person has no shields and even then you shouldn't be able to throw it at someone and have it kill them. It should not deploy instantly

The first two sentences describe the Pulse Grenades from H4, which were almost completely ignored.

The Pulse Grenades were basically a tool of "Melee, then Throw" to kill slightly faster than double melee.

Because of the complete lack of kill threat, they weren't very strong as a zoning tool.

The first two sentences describe the Pulse Grenades from H4, which were almost completely ignored.

The Pulse Grenades were basically a tool of "Melee, then Throw" to kill slightly faster than double melee.

Because of the complete lack of kill threat, they weren't very strong as a zoning tool.

Halo 5 has a lot of choke points though. Splinter nades are already used as a zoning tool and I'm fine with that but using them as a kill tool is so dumb and cheap if the only way to fix that is removing them then it needs to happen.

How do we fix autos? I think AR needs to either be removed or have the headshot bonus removed. Storm rifle needs to be on tier 2 timers and SMG needs no reloads.

Also how do people feel about SPNKR vs H5 rockets? I personally think that the H5 rockets are way too good. I really prefer SPNKRs

• Upvote (+1) 3

-50% momentum after thrust

+20% jump height

no AR secondary

-10% pistol shot speed

no sprint

no radar

splinter only drains shields

can only hold 3 grenades at a time (2 frag and 1 splinter or sticky)

no grenade hit markers

no spartan charge

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

-50% momentum after thrust

+20% jump height

no AR secondary

-10% pistol shot speed

no sprint

no radar

splinter only drains shields

can only hold 3 grenades at a time (2 frag and 1 splinter or sticky)

no grenade hit markers

no spartan charge

They're never going to remove sprint and spartan charge from Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sprint is staying you like it or not, Halo 6 might not have it but I don't believe that's gonna be the case.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Too bad we will never know. Cuz you know....lack of transparency.

I don't think they really have any reason to talk about population numbers unless they are stellar (I'd LOVE it if they did, but business-wise it doesn't make much sense). Anything less than that would probably drive away regular players and deter new people from hopping in. Bravo shouldn't have said what he did if he wasn't ready to back it up statistically.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope 343 doesn't readd the sprint from Halo 4 where you have stamina or whatever. Makes pushes and rotations super inconsistent. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't understand the flow of people's logic.

-Automatics are just spray and pray weapons.

-We should remove the headshot multiplier.

These two points contradict one another.  Automatics, for the first time in Halo, actually have a bonus for aiming them and people want it removed to dumb them down even further.

Wall of text response in spoiler tag.

The AR's rate of bloom / spread (and perhaps its recoil) should be increased.  Increasing its recoil would make it a bit more unwieldy in up close, mobile battles, though it would encourage some degree of crouching at range (crouching removes the recoil) -- the increased bloom further encourages reticule resetting (AKA sacrificing rate of fire for accuracy), which effectively reduces the dps / increases the ttk.  This change would be most impactful anywhere from close to medium range, while still allowing the AR to be used at medium range to combat the pistol (which, although many of you probably disagree, I believe it should be able to do, so long as it's not by simply holding down the trigger.  Tap-firing the AR at ranges such as Bubble-to-Carbine on Truth, Pyramid-to-Catwalk on Coli, or Fan to Fan on Empire should be able to yield results if you are aiming right.)

The Storm Rifle needs its magnetism turned down massively.  It's a projectile weapon...in theory, it should be the most skillful of the three original non-tracking autos...except it has insane tracking when the reticule is red.  And the reticule can be red without even being over a part of your target's body.  I'd also increase the rate at which the weapon overheats, making it so it's only possible to kill a target without overheating if you land every single shot.  Otherwise, you need to gasp tap fire and reset your reticule/heat to get the kill.  Once again, this encourages more skillful use of the weapon by design while serving a double duty of nerfing the weapon's damage output overall (without ACTUALLY nerfing its damage output).

The SMG is honestly the one I hate the most of the three, because it is the most random.  It has a high amount of base spread, and even with rapid-tapping of the trigger, there's a large amount of variance on where your bullets will go.  In a range where you can consistently rely on your bullets to hit, you're able to melee targets before the kill time matters.  Any further than that, and you're beginning to push the weapon into a lottery cannon role.  Its base spread should be tightened, but have a massive spread rate to match its massive RoF.  This is also the only gun I would actually consider nerfing the per-bullet damage output of, though that's solely to compensate for the increased accuracy of my suggested tightening of the base spread.  This would also effectively bump up the weapon's effective range slightly, though pacing shots would be required for effective kills beyond close range.  Again, I assume most people don't share the sentiment of autos being used at range, because they run around holding the trigger and assuming they'll get the kill by virtue of the auto being overpowered.  Though, to be honest, I'm not sure why we have three UNSC autos -- The SMG is meant to be a more powerful, closer range AR, while the SAW is meant to be a longer range power weapon version of the AR with more damage, more aim assist, and a larger clip.  And then we have four more autos (Storm, Brute PR, Needler, and Suppressor...as well as the burst non-precision Boltshot)

Automatic multipliers in my opinion just make the fights that much more random. Sure, there will be times when people actually aim for the head and it'll help but whenever two people engage in an automatic fight, they sheer spread and bloom on the gun is going to result in someone getting a few headshots and they'll win.

If they were removed, it will be whoever has the better aim and can keep in on their opponent, rather than whoever gets lucky with a couple headshots.

I didn't read the wall of text so I apologise if you touched on this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

They're never going to remove sprint and spartan charge from Halo 5.

An alternative could be sprint and thrust use the same cool down so they can't be used together.

One of the things I recall when Reach came out and there was a lot of criticism of sprint was feedback from Bestman who said adding sprint removes some of the punishment from bad movement/ positioning. You can just quickly run away and stay alive where as in the past that was a much bigger deal

yall should consider different premium membership tiers, would gladly do a 10 or 20/month option. 

sometimes i feel like my premium is just not enough for all the great things yall do.

We could look into that in the future. Although we dont really openly advertise it, we have an option to Donate to Beyond if you so choose. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/store/category/3-donate/

Thanks for the kind words :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't understand the flow of people's logic.

-Automatics are just spray and pray weapons.

-We should remove the headshot multiplier.

These two points contradict one another.  Automatics, for the first time in Halo, actually have a bonus for aiming them and people want it removed to dumb them down even further.

Wall of text response in spoiler tag.

The AR's rate of bloom / spread (and perhaps its recoil) should be increased.  Increasing its recoil would make it a bit more unwieldy in up close, mobile battles, though it would encourage some degree of crouching at range (crouching removes the recoil) -- the increased bloom further encourages reticule resetting (AKA sacrificing rate of fire for accuracy), which effectively reduces the dps / increases the ttk.  This change would be most impactful anywhere from close to medium range, while still allowing the AR to be used at medium range to combat the pistol (which, although many of you probably disagree, I believe it should be able to do, so long as it's not by simply holding down the trigger.  Tap-firing the AR at ranges such as Bubble-to-Carbine on Truth, Pyramid-to-Catwalk on Coli, or Fan to Fan on Empire should be able to yield results if you are aiming right.)

The Storm Rifle needs its magnetism turned down massively.  It's a projectile weapon...in theory, it should be the most skillful of the three original non-tracking autos...except it has insane tracking when the reticule is red.  And the reticule can be red without even being over a part of your target's body.  I'd also increase the rate at which the weapon overheats, making it so it's only possible to kill a target without overheating if you land every single shot.  Otherwise, you need to gasp tap fire and reset your reticule/heat to get the kill.  Once again, this encourages more skillful use of the weapon by design while serving a double duty of nerfing the weapon's damage output overall (without ACTUALLY nerfing its damage output).

The SMG is honestly the one I hate the most of the three, because it is the most random.  It has a high amount of base spread, and even with rapid-tapping of the trigger, there's a large amount of variance on where your bullets will go.  In a range where you can consistently rely on your bullets to hit, you're able to melee targets before the kill time matters.  Any further than that, and you're beginning to push the weapon into a lottery cannon role.  Its base spread should be tightened, but have a massive spread rate to match its massive RoF.  This is also the only gun I would actually consider nerfing the per-bullet damage output of, though that's solely to compensate for the increased accuracy of my suggested tightening of the base spread.  This would also effectively bump up the weapon's effective range slightly, though pacing shots would be required for effective kills beyond close range.  Again, I assume most people don't share the sentiment of autos being used at range, because they run around holding the trigger and assuming they'll get the kill by virtue of the auto being overpowered.  Though, to be honest, I'm not sure why we have three UNSC autos -- The SMG is meant to be a more powerful, closer range AR, while the SAW is meant to be a longer range power weapon version of the AR with more damage, more aim assist, and a larger clip.  And then we have four more autos (Storm, Brute PR, Needler, and Suppressor...as well as the burst non-precision Boltshot)

In theory headshot multiplier adds skill cap but in practice it just makes the ar random and annoying. Either way removing it will make pistol vs ar fights much easier for the pistol and more consistent either way.

• Upvote (+1) 2