CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Very interesting results so far...  :intensifies:

Can we expect to see the results soon?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we expect to see the results soon?

They'll actually be bundled with the latest MCC patch notes on the homepage once Beyond releases the latest patch.

Stay tuned.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Will the original post be edited with the new rosters? Have they not yet because they aren't finalized?

They will be updated after the roster change deadline

Since im certain at least Cratos and Spartan want radar (cringe), it definitely won't be unanimous.

The problem is some pros don't understand WHY radar, or at the very least the current iteration of it, is really bad for the game and the spectators. Pros have historically been thick on things so hopefully this turns out a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since im certain at least Cratos and Spartan want radar (cringe), it definitely won't be unanimous.

The problem is some pros don't understand WHY radar, or at the very least the current iteration of it, is really bad for the game and the spectators. Pros have historically been thick on things so hopefully this turns out a good thing.

Or maybe they actually just like radar?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Or maybe they actually just like radar?

But why do they like it, enough so that they think it should be in competitive when it makes the gameplay so much worse?

But why do they like it, enough so that they think it should be in competitive when it makes the gameplay so much worse?

All of radar's old issues still persist (slows down gameplay, prevents flanking, etc.) but Halo 5 adds an additional variable of insanely fast movement options. Radar curbs the inconsistencies that Halo 5's movement creates. Sprint, Thrust, Slide, etc. aren't huge problems on their own, but combining them together (Thrust Launching, Slide Boosting) makes predicting enemy movement extremely difficult, which isn't very competitive in terms of Halo's gameplay.

To clarify, I am still against radar, but Halo 5 is the first title where there are actual problems that it helps alleviate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of radar's old issues still persist (slows down gameplay, prevents flanking, etc.) but Halo 5 adds an additional variable of insanely fast movement options. Radar curbs the inconsistencies that Halo 5's movement creates. Sprint, Thrust, Slide, etc. aren't huge problems on their own, but combining them together (Thrust Launching, Slide Boosting) makes predicting enemy movement extremely difficult, which isn't very competitive in terms of Halo.

To clarify, I am still against radar, but Halo 5 is the first title where there are actual problems that it helps alleviate.

. and this is why a sprint+ability tracking "radar" would be the best option for halo moving forward if these movement options are the future.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I mean if most Pros didn't want radar why didn't they express their discontent with the settings since the game launched? I just started seeing Pros publicly posting/tweeting like around when Summer season started.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean if most Pros didn't want radar why didn't they express their discontent with the settings since the game launched? I just started seeing Pros publicly posting/tweeting like around when Summer season started.

who wants to fuck up their chances for 2.5 million dollars?

should clarify that "possibly" fuck up their chances should've been used here

• Upvote (+1) 4

. and this is why a sprint+ability tracking "radar" would be the best option for halo moving forward if these movement options are the future.

Abilities + Velocity

AKA if you are moving at an unpredictable rate (Slide Boosting) then the radar will also help you track those players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Abilities + Velocity

AKA if you are moving at an unpredictable rate (Slide Boosting) then the radar will also help you track those players.

How about we remove radar
  • Upvote (+1) 7

who wants to fuck up their chances for 2.5 million dollars?

should clarify that "possibly" fuck up their chances should've been used here

Yeah but couldn't Pros since launch say fuck those settings and just made the changes since then? Or do you guys have that little power over it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about we remove radar

Primary Goal: Remove Radar across all of Arena, not just HCS

Secondary Goal: Nerf Slide Boosting to increase positional/movement predictability

Only case in which I'm okay with removing it. That's all I'll say on the topic since everyone and their grandma has a different opinion. Excited to see what the pros are going to say. We have a lot of cool questions in the poll.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally find the idea flawed - that you need radar to alleviate the general problems that the game has.

I'd lean more on removing these problems/features so you don't need a bunch of unorganized "solutions" 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah but couldn't Pros since launch say fuck those settings and just made the changes since then? Or do you guys have that little power over it?

I'd say it's more of a mixture of us feeling like we have little control, we have more than we think for sure, but I'd say that's the main problem.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I personally find the idea flawed - that you need radar to alleviate the general problems that the game has.

I'd lean more on removing these problems/features so you don't need a bunch of unorganized "solutions" 

Definitely. Cons subjectively outweigh the Pros, but its important to at least understand all sides of the argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely. Cons subjectively outweigh the Pros, but its important to at least understand all sides of the argument.

I completely agree, there's always two sides of a coin. Regardless, I'm excited for the poll!

• Upvote (+1) 1