CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The amount of effort people are exerting to have us run a one-off 4v4 tournament with entirely different settings than every other league should just be put towards convincing 343 to create the best universal default settings for their game.

Pestering us consistently is going to do nothing whereas that energy could actually being going towards trying to make 343 talk about issues.

You know that we can't force them to do anything. We've been complaining for a while and they sit and tell us nothing. We must wait for che's replacement before we make any significant moves. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

But by you're the guy that shits on Infection and Action Sack so I don't know what I expected.

What are you talking about?

@@Infinity was one of the first people acknowledging the lack of social playlists day one and called 343 out for the lack of social gametypes and playlists in the game. From what I remember he always added "Social gametypes/playlists" in his feedback posts for Halo 5. Calm down.

Just chill with these type of posts, they don't owe us anything just like pros don't owe us to show up to tournaments.

EDIT: Lmao, fucked up my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you dumb enough to suggest that a random Twitch viewer (a NINJA FAN, not a Halo Fan) has anything to do with helping or not helping the Halo community?

First of all, AC is fucking loaded. He drives a vehicle worth a damned quarter million, and you have no idea at all what he does with his money in general. It most likely doesn't hurt his pockets in any way, shape, or form to donate this to Ninja, and he may be the biggest fucking philanthropist in the world for all you know.

In either case, please tell me how you have any right to care about that? I'll be honest- I'm not a Ninja fan at all. I don't particularly like his personality (sue me, it's my right). But you know what? This is amazing for him, and I couldn't be happier that someone is creating a life and career for himself that involves doing exactly what he loves doing every single day. That's the dream, right?

What is material to one person is immaterial to another.

an earlier post had mentioned, in the context of the Ninja donation, that a CS:GO stream donation was helping the community.  

do you have a right to tell me that I have no right to care about that?  what the fuck are you talking about?  I'm free to say that AC Royale needs psychological help, or at the very least needs to be on Oxfam.org instead of Twitch.tv, and you're free to be the "who am I to say?" police.  you do you.

• Downvote (-1) 15

What are you talking about?

@@Infinity was one of the first people acknowledging the lack of social playlists day one and called 343 out for the lack of social gametypes and playlists in the game. From what I remember he always added "Social gametypes/playlists" in his feedback posts for Halo 5. Calm down.

Just chill with these type of posts, we don't owe them anything just like we don't owe pro players to show up to tournaments.

I never said Beyond owed anyone anything? Getting mad at people for asking Beyond to host a different settle tourney is stupid. Why would we not ask? They run lots of tourneys, openly criticize certain aspects of the game and 343, and we have direct communication with them. Saying to use this "energy" to tell 343 to fix the game doesn't make sense. People are doing both at the same time. its more likely to get a Beyond 4v4 with no radar than getting 343 to change the whole game. That is why people are ASKING Beyond. How is ASKING something somehow bad or demanding?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Welcome to the Ninja donation discussion thread! :simms:

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds and Ninja's Donation Discussion

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never said Beyond owed anyone anything? Getting mad at people for asking Beyond to host a different settle tourney is stupid. Why would we not ask? They run lots of tourneys, openly criticize certain aspects of the game and 343, and we have direct communication with them. Saying to use this "energy" to tell 343 to fix the game doesn't make sense. People are doing both at the same time. its more likely to get a Beyond 4v4 with no radar than getting 343 to change the whole game. That is why people are ASKING Beyond. How is ASKING something somehow bad or demanding?

It's bad because Saucey already said he would run a tournament with no radar. People are upset anyway because he's not done organizing it yet even though he only talked about it yesterday.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Are you dumb enough to suggest that a random Twitch viewer (a NINJA FAN, not a Halo Fan) has anything to do with helping or not helping the Halo community?

First of all, AC is fucking loaded. He drives a vehicle worth a damned quarter million, and you have no idea at all what he does with his money in general. It most likely doesn't hurt his pockets in any way, shape, or form to donate this to Ninja, and he may be the biggest fucking philanthropist in the world for all you know.

In either case, please tell me how you have any right to care about that? I'll be honest- I'm not a Ninja fan at all. I don't particularly like his personality (sue me, it's my right). But you know what? This is amazing for him, and I couldn't be happier that someone is creating a life and career for himself that involves doing exactly what he loves doing every single day. That's the dream, right?

What is material to one person is immaterial to another.

It's called jealousy. Vieled so poorly it's embarrassing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snip

I've seen more passive aggressive posts demanding that Beyond should do no radar tourneys than just "asking." Also, the way some users express themselves in some posts (including you) is a bit hostile. It honestly feels like people demanding Beyond to fix MCC, even though they don't mean it.

Give them time, see that they can do. Saucey pretty much said Yes, so calm down. I completely understand why they won't do tournaments with Astros and I understand why it wouldn't be as often.

This is a terrible mentality, everyone should feel they have a voice within the community as long as it's respectful and constructive.

I'd say the generally competitive community has basically no say in anything (autos, radar, sprint), so it makes sense people would feel this way.

It's bad because Saucey already said he would run a tournament with no radar. People are upset anyway because he's not done organizing it yet even though he only talked about it yesterday.

They're already planning a no radar tourney? Sweet
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen more passive aggressive posts demanding that Beyond should do no radar tourneys than just "asking." Also, the way some users express themselves in some posts (including you) is a bit hostile. It honestly feels like people demanding Beyond to fix MCC, even though they don't mean it.

Give them time, see that they can do. Saucey pretty much said Yes, so calm down. I completely understand why they won't do tournaments with Astros and I understand why it wouldn't be as often.

I didn't do anything hostile or angry wtf? Only thing I was hostile towards was Infinity's opinion on playlists, which I still believe is trash.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Instead of worrying about radar, can we do something that's more realistic like get the fuel rod off of truth? I'd rather the fucking saw than that thing

This^^

Replace Fuel Rod with Sword on Truth and removing Stasis from the rotation should be more realistic to do right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sniping in Halo 3 is so easy

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not but sick clip

Didn't one of the admins make a post about how Maniac and Flamesword should be making Halo videos still? Specifically saying they should be playing in the last Astro 2v2.

Can someone explain to me why it's Flamesword and Maniac's job to help Halo and TB by making videos on them but it isn't TB's job to help Halo by hosting tournaments with experimental settings?

Infinity made that post and he got multiple negs for it.  I don't know why you're bringing it up as if people were agreeing with him or he somehow represents all of the Beyond staff.

a lot of people talk about doing things to advance to the halo community but few actually take action themselves 

As someone who does absolutely nothing for the halo community, can confirm there is a lot of truth to this post.  

• Upvote (+1) 1