CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's been a day since that was said, can you give it some time?

What are you doing to help the Halo community right now? I don't really like to call people out in this department but this is ridiculous to read.

Running a website and creating content isn't as easy as it seems, it's a daily responsibility to get on here everyday and make sure everything is running smooth. Pile on creating video and written content, running upward to 8 tournaments a month (mostly free to enter), testing new site features to improve your experience on here, and so many other things in the background surrounding Beyond. I don't usually get this tilted, but damn.

Well said. 

That would be awesome if our tournaments weren't on Tuesday :mj:

Last night on the UGC broadcast, they said they are starting an amateur league that will broadcast Tuesday and Friday nights.  With HCS this is 4 nights a week of competitive Halo  :weback:

It's going to be Monday & Friday nights, P5 is taking into account Beyond's tournaments & the HCS Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 5

More like if the events paid for their travel the orgs would send them. Let's be real these orgs all saw how they had to spend nothing last year and make money off it and now that's all they want to replicate.

Then don't let them replicate it and require them to go by having the LANs actually mean something. 

What are you doing to help the Halo community right now? I don't really like to call people out in this department but this is ridiculous to read.

There isn't much I CAN do. I regularly make posts on Reddit and Waypoint giving my feedback. I tweet 343 all the time and nothing comes from it. I'm just saying that you guys have a lot of power with this stuff as shown with breakout being removed. If no radar were to be tested and pros unanimously agreed it was better 343 would be forced to do something. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

There isn't much I CAN do. I regularly make posts on Reddit and Waypoint giving my feedback. I tweet 343 all the time and nothing comes from it. I'm just saying that you guys have a lot of power with this stuff as shown with breakout being removed. If no radar were to be tested and pros unanimously agreed it was better 343 would be forced to do something. 

Thats the thing, I mentioned this before but there is no incentive for the top teams in the league to advocate changing settings, esp if the meta shift caused them to lose the top spots.  

There isn't much I CAN do.

you could try organizing and fundraising money for your precious save halo tournament

nah just whine and blame everyone else for it not happening, way easier

pros unanimously agreed it was better 343 

newsflash: some of the pros like radar

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

you could try organizing and fundraising money for your precious save halo tournament

nah just whine and blame everyone else for it not happening, way easier

newsflash: some of the pros like radar

Newsflash: radar takes away from the competitive integrity of the game. It doesn't matter if "some" pros like it.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

fixed for Naded, got your back bro

I know Ninja and Spartan also liked/were good at it. Although I think they still voted for it to be removed

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason Breakout was removed was because it was so different from other gametypes it will break the momentum on a series because of the change of the meta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

News flash: let this situation play out and see where it goes. Good or bad, it is out of everyone's hand here at the end of the day. 

The thing is we HAVE monthly LANs this season. Chattanooga, Orange County, UGC, and Las Vegas. Yet the pro teams aren't going. 

(I know Chattanooga and UGC aren't official, but still, events are events).

There's a myriad of problems with the current "season" and it's "open lans". For one, they aren't run by MLG which I'm pretty sure anyone who said they wanted open lans rather than weekly pro league, meant that with the caveat that MLG be involved. Secondly, with the lack of pro league and more open lans the prize pools would be bigger and the only way for the orgs to potentially make money off their teams. That's not meant to be a knock on any of the current lans, but like some pros have said they aren't spaced out well and the prize money isn't quite enough. Having MLG involved would mean better planning and long term knowledge of tournaments. 

This is really an argument for a privileged group. During the dark times (2012-14ish?) we would have begged for anything close to what we have now. It's important to remember that, but at the same time there is no reason to be complacent with just what we have. When you do that you stagnate and die, Halo needs to take some risks and dropping pro league and begging MLG to run an open lan season would be a risk, but one that I believe would make Halo better in the long run. To go forward, we have to go back, memory is the key. 

The amount of effort people are exerting to have us run a one-off 4v4 tournament with entirely different settings than every other league should just be put towards convincing 343 to create the best universal default settings for their game.

Pestering us consistently is going to do nothing whereas that energy could actually being going towards trying to make 343 talk about issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did I say they didn't? 

newsflash: some pros liked breakout

Newsflash: breakout isn't in HCS anymore because 343 got caught lying and snakebite called them out on it

i swear this community has the collective memory of a goldfish

so what are you suggesting? all the pros who like radar are going to change their minds once they play in the no radar tournament? do you honestly believe that?

and somehow the pros suddenly have all this influence even though they've told us numerous times that they don't? makes sense

Newsflash: radar takes away from the competitive integrity of the game. It doesn't matter if "some" pros like it.

you say that like i don't know that lol

Newsflash: this ain't my first halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

The reason Breakout was removed was because it was so different from other gametypes it will break the momentum on a series because of the change of the meta.

that wasn't the reason

This is a terrible mentality, everyone should feel they have a voice within the community as long as it's respectful and constructive.

Taking it out on us isn't going to fix anything, if you feel really strong about it then work to make it happen.

• Upvote (+1) 7