CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Perfect opportunity for a wager match to come to fruition, make it into a charity thing or some other shit you can get publicity off of and hype up, done.

I mean except the 343 pro team being like gold level and it going to be a blow out.

Really though idk why the 343 pro team didn't vs the winner of that Halo 4 tournament thing for the sneak peak of H5. Like 343 pro team vs winner of H4 thing on H5 sneak peak/reveal or whatever it was. Could do that for H6.

I know it states in the rule book that 343 pro team can't compete but would anyone really have an objection of them competiting? I think it would be great for the community, spectating, and force the pro team to have some skin in the game and actually adress the issues and complaints.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't required to go by the HCS, which is a problem. If they would be winning points that seeded them into making it to HWC it would be different.

More like if the events paid for their travel the orgs would send them. Let's be real these orgs all saw how they had to spend nothing last year and make money off it and now that's all they want to replicate.

Didn't one of the admins make a post about how Maniac and Flamesword should be making Halo videos still? Specifically saying they should be playing in the last Astro 2v2.

Can someone explain to me why it's Flamesword and Maniac's job to help Halo and TB by making videos on them but it isn't TB's job to help Halo by hosting tournaments with experimental settings?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Didn't one of the admins make a post about how Maniac and Flamesword should be making Halo videos still? Specifically saying they should be playing in the last Astro 2v2.

Can someone explain to me why it's Flamesword and Maniac's job to help Halo and TB by making videos on them but it isn't TB's job to help Halo by hosting tournaments with experimental settings?

How much do you want Team Beyond to do? They manage these forums, they run tournaments, they create video content.

Maniac and Flamesword send out the occasional tweet.

EDIT: Also Saucey said he'll put up some of his own money for this experimental settings tournament, he just wasn't going to ask Astro to sponsor it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

4cfe5535c3aeaf8f42c0ae82d8b1d375.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be @@Infinity (which isn't an admin, but does a lot for Beyond)

Remember guys, people on staff have emotions and opinions. We aren't programmed and do have the occasional thought on subjects that you may agree or disagree with. This is the beautiful thing about a internet community.

Me personally? I don't care about Maniac or Flamesword content since I don't watch their Youtube channel. If you do, and started following them as a Halo fan then I can see why you would be upset with the sudden switch in games. A lot of Pros do play in our tourneys though, but the defunct old OpTic players were by far the least active team to play in tournaments (which is well in their right btw).

• Upvote (+1) 4

a lot of people talk about doing things to advance to the halo community but few actually take action themselves 

• Upvote (+1) 3

a lot of people talk about doing things to advance to the halo community but few actually take action themselves 

I think the ideas are there, it's just easier to spit out ideas than to actually execute them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes and no. I do think we have a sore lack of content and that entirely falls on the community, but when you have events ran in areas known for low interest in Halo, it also falls on the devs. Its both, really

EDIT: Also Saucey said he'll put up some of his own money for this experimental settings tournament, he just wasn't going to ask Astro to sponsor it.

can we crowd fund this a bit? It wouldn't be hard to get the prize pool above 3k and attract top teams

• Downvote (-1) 1

When someone donates 20k to ninja on stream....

And now its 42k total.

Guess rich people don't know where to spend their money lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia

When someone donates 20k to ninja on stream....

And now its 42k total.

*sigh*

I mean good for him but to be honest that's so much money for...? Think if that $20k was added to UGC or Vegas prize pool?

• Downvote (-1) 1

could be someone giving a huge donation just to cancel it

AC does this pretty often at this point in Ninjas stream.

• Upvote (+1) 3