CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You don't know that, they literally might be obligated to mirror official settings in their 4v4s considering all the money Astro invests in to these tournies, I'm 100% sure contracts of some sort are involved

Who is paying for it?

Who is gonna run it?

Who is gonna promote it?

Who is gonna cast it?

Maybe they don't have the manpower and money to waste on an experimental 4v4

If everyone wants it so badly what is stopping the community from organizing it themselves?

And let's get real, one 4v4 no radar tournament isn't going to change anything. Half the pros like radar, it's not going anywhere.

Didn't saucey say that they can do whatever they want? They don't have to brand every tournament with Astros.

sure man power/funding isn't negligable, Id be down for some crowd funding. Hell, if it's too much, just rely on player streams. As far as it being a wastful experiment- The 2v2 tournament, for example, is no more "experimental" than a hypothetical no-radar 4v4 tournament- it has no link to HCS whatsoever. Hasn't TB also used different settings for the FFA tournaments?

Like I said before , it doesn't even need to be aimed at changing anything with HCS. The goal could simply be to provide the TB community with something they'd enjoy playing/watching more that crounch camping.

Funding? I'd pay a lil something to see it. Perhaps others feel the same way. Also, TB doing this would be an example of "the community" organizing it. This place is the hub of the competitive halo community and is more likely than anyone else to attract the attention of a fair number of highly skilled teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 have yet to make a game where online matchmaking isn't an issue. How can microsoft be ok with this? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

When was the last time they won a scrim or Pro League series? 

They need to step it up.

They beat LG the other day. They also weren't winning many series early on this season either. They just showed up for pro league.

So since online seems to be only getting worse, with potentially no one working on fixing it; Would ya'll rather have weekly online pro league, or go back to only LAN events once a month?

I love having pro halo to watch every week

So since online seems to be only getting worse, with potentially no one working on fixing it; Would ya'll rather have weekly online pro league, or go back to only LAN events once a month?

Pro halo once a week AND a major LAN event every month.

So one a week you got your pro- games over xblive, and a LAN event once a month if possible

But then again, halo has to get REALLY big if that's gonna happen, but that's just my opinion really.

EDIT: After doing a little googling, I'm starting to want the major LAN event every month now.

Monthly LAN events - like Gears. Not really a question for me. This also seems to be the general consensus over here on Beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the start of pro league I loved having pro Halo to watch every week. But with Twitch and people streaming scrims all the time, I'd love to go back to one big weekend event a month for 6 or 7 months then have a real offseason. I miss those long, sleep deprived weekends. Not much compares to the build up to that Friday night. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This game has become unbearable to play online. At first I thought it was just me but then I talked to people, watched streams, and saw on twitter that everyone is having the same issues. There are so many problems with this game it is incredible. I am sure everyone who plays is familiar with them, frequent ghost melees, frequent “sluggish” reticle, general lag and poor bullet registration one out of every three games, games starting 3v4 in arena, teammates lagging out, myself lagging out and finally not being able to even find a game in FFA during normal hours (at Champ 60). I am having these problems with good internet in an extremely populated region of North America (Northeast), I can’t imagine what it must be like to play this game in less populated areas or with bad internet.

Most of these issues were not present at launch and most of these issues (if any at all?) have not been addressed by anyone at 343. Sometimes it feels like there is no one working on this game because so many things about it are getting worse and nothing is getting better.

As much as I love Halo and want to see the HCS grow, as long as the game is like this it won’t. As much as I would love to see some of the competitive settings changed and see MLG back in the mix, it won’t even matter if people can’t even get on the game and string together two enjoyable matches without some form of bullshit ruining it.

I keep finding myself questioning the code that 343 writes. As with MCC, every patch/content update they release will fix 3 issues and produce another 4. They need to allocate much, much more time to testing new builds, more thoroughly. There can't be many other AAA games out there that go through this frustrating cycle month after month, especially with so little acknowledgement that the issues even exist.

Judging by all the new REQ updates, OP autos, Month of Mythic, etc., I'd say we can safely assume that a large proportion of H5 is casual/warzone players who don't notice (or complain about) these issues as much as us. As a result, our feedback gets cast aside. I remember Bravo said that H5 had had the greatest monthly engagement since H3; it's likely that a lot of this consists of casual players and so the franchise is shifting to cater to them. HCS isn't going to grow unless 343 decides to act on the feedback we keep giving. 

Sad times. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love how 343 lets us know that they hear our concerns and that they are actively working hard to try and resolve them. :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't tell if this is a joke because 343 like to pretend things don't happen but in the event you're not...

It's a dumb glitch that will kick you to the main menu without warning and display the Left Fireteam message.

It just happened to me while playing Firefight: https://twitter.com/TheLittleMoa/status/787167348578979840

This seriously happens to me like once an hour playing this game.

And let's get real, one 4v4 no radar tournament isn't going to change anything. Half the pros like radar, it's not going anywhere.

That's the spirit! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep finding myself questioning the code that 343 writes. As with MCC, every patch/content update they release will fix 3 issues and produce another 4. They need to allocate much, much more time to testing new builds, more thoroughly. There can't be many other AAA games out there that go through this frustrating cycle month after month, especially with so little acknowledgement that the issues even exist.

Judging by all the new REQ updates, OP autos, Month of Mythic, etc., I'd say we can safely assume that a large proportion of H5 is casual/warzone players who don't notice (or complain about) these issues as much as us. As a result, our feedback gets cast aside. I remember Bravo said that H5 had had the greatest monthly engagement since H3; it's likely that a lot of this consists of casual players and so the franchise is shifting to cater to them. HCS isn't going to grow unless 343 decides to act on the feedback we keep giving.

Sad times.

I entirely agree but i dont think its just 343, i think most new microsoft stuff is buggy as hell. Just look at windows 10 at release, it still has a number of issues and the xbox one runs off the same base net code. Im not saying 343 isnt making bad code but the problems may be exacerbated by the general poor coding on the xbox one as a whole.

From a personal standpoint the left fireteam glitch seems to happen when its been a while since i hard reset my xbox. Usually once i do this i will go a few weeks without getting kicked. Not sure if this is true for others though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the start of pro league I loved having pro Halo to watch every week. But with Twitch and people streaming scrims all the time, I'd love to go back to one big weekend event a month for 6 or 7 months then have a real offseason. I miss those long, sleep deprived weekends. Not much compares to the build up to that Friday night. 

I love having my weekly Halo!

But if I could have exactly what I wanted, it would be going back to a circuit experience with an open online tournament in the middle of every month and an open LAN tournament at the end of every month. Both tournaments would be worth cash and points, LAN tournaments worth more in payout and points.

Gives players two week breaks between their competitive matches to work on things or make changes as necessary and two weeks isn't very long for the community to have to wait to see top level play. 

ESL runs online tournaments and invitationals, MLG runs all open LANS. Gives both companies their share and sticks to their respective expertise. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Monthly LAN events - like Gears. Not really a question for me. This also seems to be the general consensus over here on Beyond.

The thing is we HAVE monthly LANs this season. Chattanooga, Orange County, UGC, and Las Vegas. Yet the pro teams aren't going. 

(I know Chattanooga and UGC aren't official, but still, events are events).

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can choose to appear inactive/offline

3a22f117aa1bf2583ee0a27f421bd701.png

It would appear as this then, plus mods/admins can see people offline.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last night on the UGC broadcast, they said they are starting an amateur league that will broadcast Tuesday and Friday nights.  With HCS this is 4 nights a week of competitive Halo  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Updated the rosters on the site with potential team changes and recalled for old scrims

CZLOHkC.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Last night on the UGC broadcast, they said they are starting an amateur league that will broadcast Tuesday and Friday nights.  With HCS this is 4 nights a week of competitive Halo  :weback:

That would be awesome if our tournaments weren't on Tuesday :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

The thing is we HAVE monthly LANs this season. Chattanooga, Orange County, UGC, and Las Vegas. Yet the pro teams aren't going. 

(I know Chattanooga and UGC aren't official, but still, events are events).

They aren't required to go by the HCS, which is a problem. If they would be winning points that seeded them into making it to HWC it would be different. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won't AMs get burned out? We aren't CSGO where they have like 5 leagues going on at once. 

I can see lol challenging for top 4?

When that team formed the first time, I told my manager, "They are for sure a top 2 team."

Then Lethul left EG and ruined everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 have yet to make a game where online matchmaking isn't an issue. How can microsoft be ok with this? 

Because then 343 doesn't have to put their full effort in.