CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

haha it's 8:30pm. but i've been drinking for 12 hours so your point stands.

Sounds like my kind of friday

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL = upvote

SMH = downvote

Really though, it you want an upvote don't post something that you put time and thought into and makes some original, intelligent points.

Post something that bashes 343 with a funny gif.

And whatever you do, don't be like me and judge your self-worth by some random internet points  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Really though, it you want an upvote don't post something that you put time and thought into and makes some original, intelligent points.

Post something that bashes 343 with a funny gif.

And whatever you do, don't be like me and judge your self-worth by some random internet points :mj:

Then wait till you are full gold bar. It's like Valhalla up here!

• Upvote (+1) 2

btw I negged not because of you or TB but just because the situation sucks

Lol

So, uh, No Radar 4v4?????

:simms:

-Jon Snow

It would have to be a separate "invitational" type of event for pro teams only. Like a 4 or 8 team tournament to make it interesting. 

Cant do this in our ASTRO 4v4 events as we want those to stay aligned with "current competitive settings". 

I negged you because I was disappointed with your response after giving me hope of a TB 4v4 tournament with no radar on a regular basis. I assumed it would take the place of your current Astro 4v4 Tournaments. Not a one off. 

It felt like a 343 move to me, the build up of hype(Jon Snow is always hype!) of something that the community has been begging for only to receive it half-assed. 

What is the difference between no radar 2v2 and no radar 4v4? You originally had no radar dubs because it was better and more competitive. Switch to radar to reflect the playlist settings and immediately are switching back to no radar because it is BETTER!

I am extremely grateful for everything you all have done here at TB with your unwavering support of this community, and I will return the support and continue to participate in all of the tournaments you do (Been getting first rounded repeatedly, and then watching the stream because I enjoy it!)

You have a platform and a following that none of us posters have, we follow you.

You may not want to be the Standard bearer, but you are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does Astro actually care if Beyond Hosts a no-radar tournament???

I can actually imagine 343i telling Astro no more Halo Astro products if you work with TeamBeyond.

We can do whatever we want, but the ASTRO branded events would need to remain how they currently operate. 

I doubt 343 would do that.

Just watched a vid of Maniac playing the new cod beta (because they never put out Halo content). The first thing he says is it feels like Halo 5. I cant even. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I negged you not because of your post, but because I think your situation sucks.

I +'d you because, well played

We can do whatever we want, but the ASTRO branded events would need to remain how they currently operate. 

I doubt 343 would do that.

That would just be shitty PR with no payoff for 343.

I will give a $10 prize pool donation and one testicle for a no-radar tourney

I'm serious about the $10, not the testicle. I can't afford shipping.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but why don't we attempt to do some sort of crowd funded prize pool for an online 4v4 no radar? like try and raise $1000 or so and invite all the pro teams to play and hopefully most of them join in, even tho 1k might not be a huge amount for a prize pool it adds the incentive, plus the fact that its crowd funded shows support and will probably attract the pro teams, and we get to see how the game plays without radar. I'd throw down like 10 bucks or so, get 100 people to donate only 10 bucks and we got a decent prize pool, plus im sure some people would donate more, hell even some pro players would probably throw down some money.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just watched a vid of Maniac playing the new cod beta (because they never put out Halo content). The first thing he says is it feels like Halo 5. I cant even.

I'm not buying it in hope cod 4 comes out on its own after Christmas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would I commit to a series of no radar tournaments if we dont even know it works well? A one off is the only scenario that makes sense, considering I have personally never watched a no radar 4v4 played on Halo 5.

I didnt hype anything up, I said I would host one. Which for some reason caused backlash. Makes no sense. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Difference between 2v2 and 4v4? For 2v2s there is no over arching league structure that is dictating settings, structures, programs, other than matchmaking, which I do not think anyone thinks is the pinnacle of competitive 2v2 play in its current state. Also, more importantly, Pros and Amateurs want to practice settings that will actually be used in the upcoming events they will be playing for money in. 2v2s are more "Free range" because nobody needs to practice particular settings so they can be prepared for larger events in the future, with 4v4s it is the opposite. 4v4s need to reflect the current competitive settings or players will be discouraged from signing up, because a lot will see it as a waste of time.

It is not about being a "standard bearer". I offered a solution, if the solution is not good enough thats fine. A poll or a group effort from pro players would probably get the job done just the same.

Are you actually telling me you don't know how a 4v4 no radar would play.

We all know it would play better.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't know if this has been suggested, but why don't we attempt to do some sort of crowd funded prize pool for an online 4v4 no radar? like try and raise $1000 or so and invite all the pro teams to play and hopefully most of them join in, even tho 1k might not be a huge amount for a prize pool it adds the incentive, plus the fact that its crowd funded shows support and will probably attract the pro teams, and we get to see how the game plays without radar. I'd throw down like 10 bucks or so, get 100 people to donate only 10 bucks and we got a decent prize pool, plus im sure some people would donate more, hell even some pro players would probably throw down some money.

I like this idea a lot, but if we're going to do anything like it, we should go all out and get the game settings where we think they should be competitively (no radar, minimalized autos, rekajiggered power weapons). And I can't expect or even ask pros to do anything, but if this tournament were able to come together, it'd be a good platform for them to say "I like these settings more and for these reasons, and here's the things I would keep or change". If the pros are serious about setting changes, that might be a good way to unify it all.

Why would I commit to a series of no radar tournaments if we dont even know it works well? A one off is the only scenario that makes sense, considering I have personally never watched a no radar 4v4 played on Halo 5.

I didnt hype anything up, I said I would host one. Which for some reason caused backlash. Makes no sense. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Difference between 2v2 and 4v4? For 2v2s there is no over arching league structure that is dictating settings, structures, programs, other than matchmaking, which I do not think anyone thinks is the pinnacle of competitive 2v2 play in its current state. Also, more importantly, Pros and Amateurs want to practice settings that will actually be used in the upcoming events they will be playing for money in. 2v2s are more "Free range" because nobody needs to practice particular settings so they can be prepared for larger events in the future, with 4v4s it is the opposite. 4v4s need to reflect the current competitive settings or players will be discouraged from signing up, because a lot will see it as a waste of time. 

It is not about being a "standard bearer". I offered a solution, if the solution is not good enough thats fine. A poll or a group effort from pro players would probably get the job done just the same.

I also find it ironic that Beyond and even me at this moment in time is on the receiving end of backlash over settings I did not create or control, dictated by a league where Beyond has 0 involvement in the decision making process, yet it is Beyond who is being yelled at to "do something". Is this not backwards to anyone else? I get we are the community hub, but at a certain point we need to look at the people who are actually deciding these things.

By no means am I yelling at you, just initiating a conversation with one of the people in power. Just like I would love to do with someone at 343. Unfortunately I can't do that with them. Thankfully, I can with you. 

I guess I just don't understand why TB is catering to the settings of the HCS that we all want changed.

we can't even get pros to attend a 22.5k lan but they are gonna play in an experimental online 1k? 

i don't c it

• Upvote (+1) 8

Not saying that. I assume it would play better. Never seen it, why would I commit to an extended schedule.

I like to do my homework instead of blindly jumping into something.

An invitational would be cool I'd watch. Might even RT.

I see no radar /alternate setting tournaments as investment tournaments. The payoff for playing them right now will be minimal, but in the future the payoff could be substantial. The tournaments could be setup so the rules and settings could be modified each time based on feedback; this way if something doesn't work you're not locked in for a long time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait for Lol to have an org. Just so I can say I support *insert org" and not just "lol"

Until someone comes along and starts a new org called LOL and picks them up

If 343 want to use the req packs to fully invest in tournaments, as they said in the past

They should have a req pack that supports test tournaments. Like a HCS Test Req-pack

So they can experiment in different settings, (like no radar) try out different overlays etc. LIVE so they know what the retention would be like.

Just my thoughts