CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Part 1:

I feel like the pros aren't not organized as a group with the same agenda and points. I think something as simple as a poll of pro players provided to 343 on an issue such as radar would influence positive change, similar to what happened with breakout.

As a collective, pros need hard data that can be presented in a professional manner, highlighting what needs to be changed to promote the most competitive settings.

Part 2:

This data and the results need to be displayed publicly on the forums and social media. This will do two things, one: show what pros are thinking settings wise, and two, by allowing the community to view this process they can come to the conclusion that if these settings are not implemented, the pros are not at fault and actually made an effort.

Right now we are being provided decision making insight once in a blue moon in this murky, extremely vague manner, which on multiple occasions the information provided was incorrect. This can make it difficult to actually figure out where the root of the issues are.

I nominate you for the position of President for the Halo Championship Series Players Association!

With great power comes great responsibility. 

Edit - Can we start a poll on TB that is locked for Pro Players only to vote in?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now we are being provided decision making insight once in a blue moon in this murky, extremely vague manner, which on multiple occasions the information provided was incorrect. This can make it difficult to actually figure out where the root of the issues are.

What do you mean by this?

You heard him boys

Sharpen those pitchforks

---E

I don't think pitchforks are necessary.

At least not until they give us exactly what we ask for (pros/Pro Team in charge of settings) and still somehow try to force Torque or Tyrant down our throats.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need people with leverage to get results. It took Snakebite and an entire poll of pros just to remove an obviously flawed gametype with Breakout.

A lot of this game has been intentionally designed around mechanics like radar and thrust so removing stuff like that is gonna be pushed against heavily by 343. Its an uphill battle that needs big names to fight it if we want anything accomplished.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh gawd (nah) imagine if breakout was still in  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Part 1:

I feel like the pros aren't not organized as a group with the same agenda and points. I think something as simple as a poll of pro players provided to 343 on an issue such as radar would influence positive change, similar to what happened with breakout.

As a collective, pros need hard data that can be presented in a professional manner, highlighting what needs to be changed to promote the most competitive settings.

Part 2:

This data and the results need to be displayed publicly on the forums and social media. This will do two things, one: show what pros are thinking settings wise, and two, by allowing the community to view this process they can come to the conclusion that if these settings are not implemented, the pros are not at fault and actually made an effort.

Ideally, all these polls and stats could be done anonymously and worded properly.  If 343 did this and worded the question like, "Do you think that radar should be removed" that's not a good question in my opinion since there is no time associated with it.  IIRC that's what they did before and many pros like @@Mikwen (correct me if I'm wrong here) said "No" to removing radar because they had been practicing with it for so long, were going to play in the biggest tourney of their lives soon and didn't want to put their practice to waste.  In a vacuum the answer would have been "Yes"

They would need to have multiple questions like:

"Removing radar would be an improvement to Halo 5s competitive settings"

Strongly agree >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strongly disagree

"If Radar were removed, when would you like to see that change implemented" 

Immediately

After pro-league finals

After the next open LAN

After worlds

Never

etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 7

You and the rest of the Beyond Team has been carrying the Halo community for the last 3 years. If there was no Team Beyond, there would be no Halo Community. Facts.

Competitive halo would definitely be dead, no other web/forum actually cares about competitive halo.

Well waypoint is just a bunch of people having dickfights non-stop

r/halo is just a bunch of warzones gifs.

THF, is mainly about montages and just a community place to chillax

But Beyond is about that competitive halo community

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is there no one here in TB that could get the pros to vote on

Ideally, all these polls and stats could be done anonymously and worded properly.  If 343 did this and worded the question like, "Do you think that radar should be removed" that's not a good question in my opinion since there is no time associated with it.  IIRC that's what they did before and many pros like @@Mikwen (correct me if I'm wrong here) said "No" to removing radar because they had been practicing with it for so long, were going to play in the biggest tourney of their lives soon and didn't want to put their practice to waste.  In a vacuum the answer would have been "Yes"

They would need to have multiple questions like:

"Removing radar would be an improvement to Halo 5s competitive settings"

Strongly agree >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strongly disagree

"If Radar were removed, when would you like to see that change implemented" 

Immediately

After pro-league finals

After the next open LAN

After worlds

Never

etc etc

So is there no one on TB that could get each of the pros to vote on such a poll?

343 is not going to make the poll for us. They aren't going to make any changes until we can't be ignored like with Breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need people with leverage to get results. It took Snakebite and an entire poll of pros just to remove an obviously flawed gametype with Breakout.

Took MLG to persuade them to use best of 5s etc too lmao

I don't see how the community have a voice at all, or how anyone can claim this is "dev support". Or at least I guess classified as "good"

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know this is satire, but I would never read one negative post and write everyone else off  :simms:

However, my post saying I would host a no radar tournament was negged to hell by more than (1) person...so.. you know....

It really is fine by me, I have the *rare* interaction with 343, and the Beyond Staff has 0 input on any decision making process in the HCS *unless* the community and pros collectively riot on social media and the forums. When you boil it down, us doing this is a lot of extra time, work, and effort on top of what we already do for the community tournament wise (4-6 tournaments every month + 4 broadcasts). The HCS team at 343 should really be leading the charge on this stuff considering they make all the decisions, hold feedback sessions, invite pros out to the studio, and see these players in person at events (one being HCS OC). I will not lie and say that it is frustrating that we now potentially have to carry this "testing settings" burden.

btw I negged not because of you or TB but just because the situation sucks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody still run stupid custom game lobbies where it's all jenga and fat man? I'm a few beers deep and wouldn't mind a bit of that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So does Astro actually care if Beyond Hosts a no-radar tournament???

I can actually imagine 343i telling Astro no more Halo Astro products if you work with TeamBeyond.

That's not how rep works lol.

LOLOL i found this much funnier than i probably should have.

I love having premium so i can just give out + rep like candy.

to a child

that im trying to lure into my non-descript van.

i mean, wut?

• Upvote (+1) 5

oh. woops, I thought it was a like\dislike :-)

Should be agree or disagree.

Does anybody still run stupid custom game lobbies where it's all jenga and fat man? I'm a few beers deep and wouldn't mind a bit of that.

Its 9am man....

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its 9am man....

We're international around here, dontchaknow?  Its always 5 somewhere, even if its not :)

• Upvote (+1) 2