CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

well, that sucks for Havoc, but congrats to Doodle.

I think I'm the only NA person who enjoys EU Pro League

• Upvote (+1) 5

a bunch of young guns in here.  Turned 30 last March.  wa waa waaaaaaa

• Upvote (+1) 5

Indeed you are, you are a special snowflake in a pit of flames.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What schedule does the vision go on? Really looking forward to the next one because Heczwe mentioned last episode that he wasn't worried at all about them losing two matches. Now they went and won a LAN while dominating the team formed to bring the gods back down to earth.

I want a pit remake. But covenant style. Beam rifles over snipers (just so they don't stack)

Then you can finally replace stasis with another CTF map.

Ninja is definitely a weak link I think. Although his best is arguably one of the best, his inconsistency (probably due to him playing so much other games) makes him arguably one of the worst on his team. Keep in mind the team did beat Optic, so they are capable of being a top team, they just have issues holding them back I think.

Yes and no.  

I remember watching 2gre's stream back when he had just joined EG, and he made a statement that was roughly "Ninja is one of the most talented players in halo, but he needs to work making the right plays" or something like that.  I think the issue that Ninj has is he knows how talented and good he is as a player, and he sometimes makes plays and overcommits on things because he thinks he can make the "great" play, rather than making the smart play.  I also find it interesting that some of his better play has come at the EG house when he has had Towey with him to help  reign him in and direct his map movement, for example the game 5 against e6 where Ninja pulled off the no scope for the win as time ran out.  If you watch the match recap on Tow's youtube you will notice that Ninja right before that said he was going to go tower with the sniper for basically no reason, which would have left one of EGs players who was blue security (cant remember who....lunch?) all alone with a collapsing e6.  Ninja was pratically in tower when Tow yelled at him to go back to blue, which he did, which led to a clutch win.  I think having that voice of reason to help direct him really helps take him to another level, rather than just being the guy who gets a ton of kills, but also dies a lot.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

And just like last time this came up, the consensus was that the hit rate didn't matter.

Its easy to tell just how damn easy no-scopes are by feel and look.  I hit them way more than i have in any prior halo game and i am definitely a worse player now than i was when i had 8 hours a day to play.  I know that's a sample size of 1, but if you watch any gameplay for any length of time you will see 2 things:

1) ridiculously high number of no-scopes landing

2) a ridiculously high percentage of shots that land, being headshots, when they were clearly not headshots.  I see and hit headshots that actually hit them in the arm or gut or shoulder etc.

I'm not sure if it is just because I played way more H2, but the H2 sniper feels to me like it was waaay easier to use than the H5 sniper. Swipe sniping all day. And having a sniper was pretty much like having a sword in close quarters because of how easy it was to no scope.

But maybe it could just be that I was way better at H2

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What schedule does the vision go on? Really looking forward to the next one because Heczwe mentioned last episode that he wasn't worried at all about them losing two matches. Now they went and won a LAN while dominating the team formed to bring the gods back down to earth.

Schedule changes a bunch. Right now it should come out this afternoon. If you follow Hitch on twitter you'll get a more up to date time. It all depends on how the edit goes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The splinter grenades remind me of the incendiary grenade in gears of war, most of the time you throw it at the person or around the person to get the insta-kill.

Just a thought

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who do I talk to or show a clip of a guy with a modded controller?

If anyone plays Champ/high onyx arena, TOLA INK has a modded controller and hes 2/3 shotting people with an AR in arena. 

Normally I wouldn't care about this stuff but he dropped like 30 in Plaza Stronghold and its dumb

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone plays Champ/high onyx arena, TOLA INK has a modded controller and hes 2/3 shotting people with an AR in arena. 

Normally I wouldn't care about this stuff but he dropped like 30 in Plaza Stronghold and its ********

Send it to Bravo.

Hopefully it'll encourage them to fix it faster.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good to have a Scandinavian back in the (EU) pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Normally I wouldn't care about this stuff but he dropped like 30 in Plaza Stronghold and its dumb

clip? I'm interested to see it

I assume you connect at a crazy rate, right? Someone looked up the Sniper stats for the last poster to say this and their accuracy was < 50%. I figure you're pretty sick with the sniper, though

Lmao why so quick to sarcasm? I could hazard a guess. Yes i do connect at a crazy rate considering i play maybe 0-5 games a day and could make a montage with sniper multi kills even though i'm below average at the game. I don't see why anybody is denying this, the sniper bullets basically bend to connect.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are not alone.

the community last week was toxic.  It's honestly hard for me to even read through the forums here, which I usually love. 

Welcome, that was some serious first post!

I get your point that if you want something as a customer it is a higher probability to succeed if you are firm but polity. But I must also say that we are end customers and if there is a high level of complaints and, as you describe it, toxicity there is probably some serious disappointment causing it. And this collective guilt some people are trying to put on TB Halo players is imho not ok. As end customer we have the right to complain and even be toxic. It is up to the producer to do something about it. The toxicity is not causeless.

But of course I get your point that there is some ways to communicate who probably are more effective.

Again, great to have you here!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Grenades -  Nerf (or remove) splinter grenades, remove grenade hit markers, too many grenades in the game.

Splinter grenades - they basically act like a combination shotgun (short range single shot kill) and path blocker (erh…nothing else does this).  They are by far the item responsible for most of the betrayals I see.  343, I think these are broken, however, in H4 the pulse grenade was basically considered useless by most people, and functioned in a way that would align with what I would've suggested.  It currently seems like the grenade also has a movement effect of either drawing you in or nocking you back depending on where it lands or how I'm moving (not sure of actual cause/effect).  The problems seem to be speed to kill, length of effect, amount of damage of the entire length of effect.  Proposed solution - make the damage take place over a longer length of time instead of instantly.  It seems like that might be hard to do based on the visual that currently happens with the grenade.  Is there any chance to have the grenade do 2 bursts of damage?  One would occur on impact as it does now (but without killing full health spartans), then have the orange pellets deploy after that "blast".  The initial would function similar to a power drain (and the pulse grenade), but the later would function similar to the current splinter grenade (again without the ability to kill a fully shielded Spartan).  Option 2 - remove from arena and competitive play and otherwise leave alone. Option 3 - have the movement effect greatly reduce the chance of a single shot kill.

Too many grenades - Perception too many grenades ruin the skill in the game.  I'm not sure that there are more kills in H5 from grenades than other games (especially if you don't count splinter) but maybe 343 could find that out??  Grenades come from dying players, and ones that spawn on map.  In H4 there was an attempt to make it so that you can't pick up dropped grenades on the map (anyone seeing a trend here?).  I'm assuming it was to specifically address this issue of too many grenades.  I feel like starting with grenades is part of Halo, so I'm hesitant to remove that.  Not picking up grenades didn't work in H4, and it doesn't seem like there are that many on H5 maps…..would also be nice to get a count of on map grenades v H1/H2/H3.  The only thing that comes to mind is when someone walks over grenades they disappear if that person has full grenades already, but this is a potentially confusing dynamic in-game to most players.  I would consider reducing starting grenades to 1, increasing the number of grenades that spawn on the map, and reducing the frequency for them to respawn.  The stat to watch is total grenades in the game.  Reducing to 1 grenade for spawning players (still feels weird) reduces total grenade count by 89 in a 50-40 game of slayer.  I'm not sure if that's something you can track or not, but there should be creative ways to reduce it slightly.

Grenade Hit markers - grenades are being used to find people instead of just damage them.  I think this is partially possible because of the number of grenades.  If the supply is reduced, and radar is removed, then I probably don't mind the player having to decide between using a grenade to find someone vs damage/zone out a player of known location.  The "easy" answer is to remove grenade hit markers, but that's also fairly confusing to the community at large.  Hit markers are awesome for my shots, and I'm not even remotely interested in those being removed.  Only partially removing hit markers therefore seems to add unnecessary complexity to knowing how the game functions (especially since it would be a change after launch).

I much preferred @@Hard Way 's solution where the splinter grenade detonates a little later than it does currently, that would get simultaneously remove the unpredictability of the grenade, and at the same time would keep the grenade's function (area of denial) the same.

I have suggested before that I would like to see them bring back the flame nades from H3, but alter them so that they are bad versus shields but really powerful vs flesh (or non shielded opponents), I think if they brought them back that way incendiaries would be great at finishing off opponents, whilst still keeping their purpose intact (to combat flood)

The splinter grenades remind me of the incendiary grenade in gears of war, most of the time you throw it at the person or around the person to get the insta-kill.

Just a thought

Flame nades in GOW are treated like power weapons (middle of map usually, people fight over them) whereas splinters in Halo are treated like regular pickups (like plasmas or frags). Now I'm not suggesting that splinters are at power weapon levels (rockets/snipe/shotgun/etc) but comparing them to the flame nades in GOW isn't exactly fair IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking forward to FabE vs Infused. Could a Doodle honeymoon phase be enough to take down the European giants?

there's at least three of us