CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Haha no offense but you kinda are the ninja patrol.

I wish someone would come to my defense like that

Fuck you Jeff I hear you talking shit about my spreadsheets to Donna

• Upvote (+1) 9

That kid is so goddamned smooth with his shot

When does Shotzzy turn 16?

All these awesome clips appearing just highlight how ridiculous the h5 sniper is, as long as you fire in their general vicinity it's a hit. 

I assume you connect at a crazy rate, right? Someone looked up the Sniper stats for the last poster to say this and their accuracy was < 50%. I figure you're pretty sick with the sniper, though

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And now every team in the EU Pro League is with an org. Great stuff :)

Who woulda thought that the EU would have every team with an Org before NA

As someone said earlier (@@TiberiusAudley probably?) They lost 3 games the entire Worlds tournament, all of which to Denial (final series 3-2), who then took 3rd/4th after losing to CLG 4/2. This was a good squad and I am excited to root for them again. They don't have any "main slayers" per say in H5, but I have hope that they will pull it together. They all have some slaying prowess and they all can do it all. Also, Eco too underrated. (Maybe not anymore? Used to be. Haven't seen much praise from the community)

Edit: But given that the top 2 teams are the 8 best slayers on H5 imo (at least 8/12),I'm not sure anyone can compete with them. 

No Lethul isn't a slayer, but let's all be honest. He can do whatever the Hell his team needs him to do. I'd still put him in my top 12 slayers. 

Wasn't me that said that, but to weigh in a bit on that team: They're all incredibly good.

Eco and Heinz are tragically underrated by the community.

The team's main issue when they teamed together before was their power weapon control.  APG is a player who will literally go out of his way to avoid grabbing power weapons, Eco and Heinz generally don't position to get them (though caster/rockets end up in their hands), and Ace will go on streaks where he'll go for every powerup/power weapon or streaks where he's playing the poor man's game, leaving the power weapons in his dust.  If they clean that up, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Aggressive sarcasm.

Maniac and Flamesword have more Black Ops 3 2v2 gameplays on their channels than any Halo content whatsoever. Imagine if an OpTic Halo pro directed attention towards community focused Halo tournaments, or Halo in general. It would be insane. The most that I can see at a glance is a 2-3 1 hour livestream archives from Flamesword.

i dunno. you can't hate them for them getting into something new that they apparently like better. interests change you know?

I assume you connect at a crazy rate, right? Someone looked up the Sniper stats for the last poster to say this and their accuracy was < 50%. I figure you're pretty sick with the sniper, though

And just like last time this came up, the consensus was that the hit rate didn't matter.

Its easy to tell just how damn easy no-scopes are by feel and look.  I hit them way more than i have in any prior halo game and i am definitely a worse player now than i was when i had 8 hours a day to play.  I know that's a sample size of 1, but if you watch any gameplay for any length of time you will see 2 things:

1) ridiculously high number of no-scopes landing

2) a ridiculously high percentage of shots that land, being headshots, when they were clearly not headshots.  I see and hit headshots that actually hit them in the arm or gut or shoulder etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Your bro sounds like quite an expert ...

All players get into ruts, I coaches aren't be any different. And I think Towey would be the first to say that he, like any player, has space to improve and could find ways to direct the squad more effectively. But you have to also realize that because of the length of time they've been competing together, Tow knows the twins and their mindsets, playstyles, and quirks better than anyone. They also trust him. I think he works with RoyBox more effectively than anyone else could.

It's really a mistake to look at any one person on EG and label them "the problem" -- it's been a mistake from the beginning. They're a team, and success or failure is a consequence of a lot more than any one individual's actions. 

Beyond all that, Towey puts in a huge amount of work for his org and his teammates. The guy flat out loves the game and when he has the time he's a thoughtful and interactive streamer and a great content creator.

I have a couple problems with your post. First off, I never said, "Towey is the problem", I just wanted to know the opinion of other people in here because Towey has been apart of EG just as long as the twins. You said, just like players, coaches also get into ruts and need to be self aware of that in order to improve. In that case, coaches should also be held accountable just as much as the players and if the team isn't improving, the coach can be replaced just like the player. You also wouldn't know how effective a new coach would be for the twins because Towey has been with the twins for almost their entire competitive career. A change in coach may not help EG, but know one will ever know until it happens which I highly doubt. I am not questioning Towey's work ethic or love for the game. You act as if I was attacking his character which isn't the case at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not attacking you at all! Apologies if my post sounded that way, probably my fault for sarcastically calling out your bro. I tried to start out by acknowledging that there's always room for improvement. You asked for opinions on Tow so I just gave you mine : )

Your specific question to the community at large was "could Towey be the problem?" All I said was that it's a mistake to say anyone is 'the problem', whoever it is. I really don't think he's holding them back. 

I have a couple problems with your post. First off, I never said, "Towey is the problem", I just wanted to know the opinion of other people in here because Towey has been apart of EG just as long as the twins. You said, just like players, coaches also get into ruts and need to be self aware of that in order to improve. In that case, coaches should also be held accountable just as much as the players and if the team isn't improving, the coach can be replaced just like the player. You also wouldn't know how effective a new coach would be for the twins because Towey has been with the twins for almost their entire competitive career. A change in coach may not help EG, but know one will ever know until it happens which I highly doubt. I am not questioning Towey's work ethic or love for the game. You act as if I was attacking his character which isn't the case at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Red Letter Media is my go to channel lately.

No offence to anyone I'm personally not a fan of vloggers...I just have too many friends who do it. Try having fun with them when they're walking around talking to their cameras or filming every meal/experience you have. It gets very old quickly....I'm a cynical bastard I know.

I'll check them out! As far as vloggers go, yea I'm not a huge fan. Casey's camera technique is imo vastly superior to others tho just from the amount of work that goes into positioning. His work ethic can be inspiring and his material/travel is way more interesting than "hey look at me I'm goin to the mall." "Hey look at me I just got a milkshake." I can tell why you'd be sick of that type of vlogging bruh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard him say in snipedown's stream last night that he turns 16 in July.

About damn time, according to Lethul he's been 15 for like 3 years now

And just like last time this came up, the consensus was that the hit rate didn't matter.

Its easy to tell just how damn easy no-scopes are by feel and look.  I hit them way more than i have in any prior halo game and i am definitely a worse player now than i was when i had 8 hours a day to play.  I know that's a sample size of 1, but if you watch any gameplay for any length of time you will see 2 things:

1) ridiculously high number of no-scopes landing

2) a ridiculously high percentage of shots that land, being headshots, when they were clearly not headshots.  I see and hit headshots that actually hit them in the arm or gut or shoulder etc.

The guns so generous it makes me look like a decent sniper.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The guns so generous it makes me look like a decent sniper.

Me too!  I'm sure my hit rate isn't too much better than previous halos because i just straight up ass miss a lot, but goddamn when i do hit i get so many undeserved headshots.

Why can't Shotzzy's parents just sign a waiver?

Nah, new rules or something.  I'm sure its some legal risk/reward whatever but don't really care about the details to be honest haha

• Downvote (-1) 1

I've been 18 for 11.

That sucks. I've at least been having anniversary's of my 21st. Going on 7 time now!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been 18 for 11.

joking aside, when people ask me my age, I actually have to think for a minute. I feel like I've been 19 for 4 years.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

joking aside, when people ask me my age, I actually have to think for a minute. I feel like I've been 19 for 4 years.

Right? When people ask how old I am it takes me a second (because dont really care about birthdays anymore) I'm like I'm 27 shit wait no I mean 28!

• Upvote (+1) 2