CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like both the new eg and lg. Egs problem is they sometimes over communicate and it just becomes a muddle mess and no one gets anything done because of it.

When is the next pro league match?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean playing 30fps or whatever that was on 360 makes my eyes want to fall asleep after being exposed to 60fps on MCC. Does anyone else have this issue?

I mean playing 30fps or whatever that was on 360 makes my eyes want to fall asleep after being exposed to 60fps on MCC. Does anyone else have this issue?

What? 60fps is definitely superior, but even as a PC gamer at times I have no qualms with 30fps. I've happily played H3 splitscreen multiple times over the past year with some of my housemates, and I always enjoy myself as much if not more than I do playing H5, 

What? 60fps is definitely superior, but even as a PC gamer at times I have no qualms with 30fps. I've happily played H3 splitscreen multiple times over the past year with some of my housemates, and I always enjoy myself as much if not more than I do playing H5, 

I just mean after playing 60fps for so long that when I go to play anything lower than that I get a headache or something since it feels choppy. I got on reach today and got off after 1 game cuz the frames were bothering me lol. I never had this problem until I was exposed to 60fps unfortunately.

Same thing happens to me now when trying to play any game that is capped at 30fps. It takes a couple hours playing time before I'm used to it again.

:wutface:

I just mean after playing 60fps for so long that when I go to play anything lower than that I get a headache or something since it feels choppy. I got on reach today and got off after 1 game cuz the frames were bothering me lol. I never had this problem until I was exposed to 60fps unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why this post got neg'd so hard. You weren't talking down on the content creators, just the fact that Halo content hasn't been popular for a very long time now and I agree. The demand isn't there or we haven't found the right formula yet. Shout out to @@Vetoed, his content is high quality, but he is still underrated.

Edit: You changed your initial post so I don't know exactly what triggered some people.

I agree vetoed puts out some good stuff, it seems to me that the Halo content that gets the subs and views is usually from channels whose primary content is shitting on the game, sometimes it isn't without merit but its pretty sad that this is what people would rather watch.

I can understand any pro's reluctance to go all in on youtube as much as I want to see it, right now I think the only ones who could really see any growth there would be the optic guys, I noticed snakebite put some new content up recently so hopefully it will continue and maybe lethul, Royal 2 will follow suit, make the most of that Optic juice

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like both the new eg and lg. Egs problem is they sometimes over communicate and it just becomes a muddle mess and no one gets anything done because of it.

EG's problem is that they don't play enough.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

19th

https://www.twitch.tv/halo

EG's problem is that they don't play enough.

Ninja is definitely a weak link I think. Although his best is arguably one of the best, his inconsistency (probably due to him playing so much other games) makes him arguably one of the worst on his team. Keep in mind the team did beat Optic, so they are capable of being a top team, they just have issues holding them back I think.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lunchbox almost never misses his pistol shots.

Lunchbox is actually insane he just puts himself in positions for his team to succeed and that usually means his stats suffer.

Optic made their name on COD success, a lot of their content creators are COD players so it makes sense that they have that as priority number one. I think they can use that popularity to cross over into other e-sports.

I'm no COD fan but it is kinda fun to see Scump ROFL stomp casuals in random lobbies. He gets 80+ kills regularly.

Formal grinded Champ 1 in arena a few seasons ago and scump played with him a lot. They could bring Enable and someone else from the COD scene to like Vegas or something and that would be huge

Optic made their name on COD success, a lot of their content creators are COD players so it makes sense that they have that as priority number one. I think they can use that popularity to cross over into other e-sports.

I'm no COD fan but it is kinda fun to see Scump ROFL stomp casuals in random lobbies. He gets 80+ kills regularly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All these awesome clips appearing just highlight how ridiculous the h5 sniper is, as long as you fire in their general vicinity it's a hit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Snip.  Changed my mind on this post.

I did see lunchbox make some questionable plays in their scrims last night though.  Dropped bottom mid to change a single kill on regret when he had top control and teammates spawning up.  I didn't like that one. (thats as far through the scrims i have gotten so far haha)

What is everyone's opinion on Towey at this point? I haven't thought about it too much because of the constant roster changes EG has had, but could Towey be the problem?

My older brother, ex-CLG/Optic fan who started watching competitive Halo closely since the beginning of Halo 5 just said, "Towey's the problem". I asked why? This was his words, "He has been coaching them for too long. Coaches get into habits that they don't realize which may not help their team grow. I won't say necessarily say BAD habits, but just habits in general that's not really helping their team. No one is directing traffic on their team really and it's frustrating watching them just run around. "They're all over you Justin you need to play it slow" - Jason... instead of calling out exactly where they are coming from or even one guy, COME ON!"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Smoothness of frames makes a difference too.  If you are getting fed 30 FPS at a constant tick rate, it feels a lot better than 30 with variable time between frames.  You can also essentially "miss" frames that technically were rendered if the framerate is off from the refresh rate of your screen.  This is what makes variable refresh rate monitors that match framerate so awesome.  According to pc gamers that use them anyway.  I wish i could afford one...

• Upvote (+1) 1

No offense taken. Just unnecessary narrative from you. Just like when Mikwen(i think) stated he didn't like casters assuming when a team felt a certain way. You say he must be offended and triggered. Also added an irrelevant comment about streakiness in the HCS.

Again, I'm not the Ninja Patrol. Just like any fan of someone or something, if you see something way off base, you'd make a comment. Its a forum afterall :simms: .

Haha no offense but you kinda are the ninja patrol.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What if these unannounced plans for 2017 are as follows for a seeding into Worlds:

1 HCS sanctioned open LAN per month in January, February, March, and April

1 HCS sanctioned open online tournament per month in January, February, March, and April

Both monthly tournaments provide cash payout and points. LAN payout and points are higher.

Top 16 teams make Regionals set in middle of May

Top 8 from Regionals make Worlds set at the end of May

This would satisfy nearly all of our and 343's needs. We would have the Open LAN's that we so desperately need with 343's blessing, as well as a large monthly online tournament which is suited to ESL's experience. This would obviously require a heavy investment by MS/343 into the scene but I honestly believe they would reap the benefits of this in the long run. 

@@Timo blink once for yes.

Did you catch what I did with my eyes?

Return of the Open Circuit confirmed!  :fire:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your bro sounds like quite an expert ...

All players get into ruts, I coaches aren't any different. And I think Towey would be the first to say that he, like any player, has space to improve and could find ways to direct the squad more effectively. But you have to also realize that because of the length of time they've been competing together, Tow knows the twins and their mindsets, playstyles, and quirks better than anyone. They also trust him. I think he works with RoyBox more effectively than anyone else could.

It's really a mistake to look at any one person on EG and label them "the problem" -- it's been a mistake from the beginning. They're a team, and success or failure is a consequence of a lot more than any one individual's actions. 

Beyond all that, Towey puts in a huge amount of work for his org and his teammates. The guy flat out loves the game and when he has the time he's a thoughtful and interactive streamer and a great content creator.

What is everyone's opinion on Towey at this point? I haven't thought about it too much because of the constant roster changes EG has had, but could Towey be the problem?

My older brother, ex-CLG/Optic fan who started watching competitive Halo closely since the beginning of Halo 5 just said, "Towey's the problem". I asked why? This was his words, "He has been coaching them for too long. Coaches get into habits that they don't realize which may not help their team grow. I won't say necessarily say BAD habits, but just habits in general that's not really helping their team. No one is directing traffic on their team really and it's frustrating watching them just run around. "They're all over you Justin you need to play it slow" - Jason... instead of calling out exactly where they are coming from or even one guy, COME ON!"

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1