CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You haven't been drunk before? All my friends and even I start saying what's on our minds when we are trashed but who really cares what Ninja said.

Sure but Ninja is a hyperactive streamer entertaining not only his 2-3k viewers, but also the 14k that Summit had. Add alcohol to that and viola, you are in for a ride.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aggressive sarcasm.

Maniac and Flamesword have more Black Ops 3 2v2 gameplays on their channels than any Halo content whatsoever. Imagine if an OpTic Halo pro directed attention towards community focused Halo tournaments, or Halo in general. It would be insane. The most that I can see at a glance is a 2-3 1 hour livestream archives from Flamesword.

Well Maniac and Flame are just you tubers at this point and it's in their best interest to make videos that get more views. With that said, I would love to see the new Optic Halo produce content that brings in more people to Halo. And it's a shame they can't attend UGC.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we stop talking about the stupid Ninja drama and get back to being a cesspool of negativity?

Well if we had MLG, this wouldn't happen. Thanks Bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Reclarification:

I think it's pretty sad that Halo is in a state where Halo players would rather post CoD content than Halo content. I completely agree that they can post whatever they want to their channels, and I don't blame them. I just wish Halo content was captivating enough to interest viewers, and It hasn't been since H3, I'd say.

I'm not going after the players/content creators.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Maniac never did put much actual Halo content out at all during the time I was subbed. Aside from hour long scrims or the 1/48 game they beat OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac and Flamesword can post whatever they want in their channels we can't judge them for what type of content they want to make.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maniac and Flamesword can post whatever they want in their channels we can't judge them for what type of content they want to make.

100%. Not what I was getting at, I reclarified my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like EG w/ Stellur and LG w/ Victory are scrimming. EG up 7-5. I don't think anyone is streaming it, I saw on Halo5Arena.

Edit: Seems like Lunchbox was streaming it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reclarification:

I think it's pretty sad that Halo is in a state where Halo players would rather post CoD content than Halo content. I completely agree that they can post whatever they want to their channels, and I don't blame them. I just wish Halo content was captivating enough to interest viewers, and It hasn't been since H3, I'd say.

I'm not going after the players/content creators.

I don't understand why this post got neg'd so hard. You weren't talking down on the content creators, just the fact that Halo content hasn't been popular for a very long time now and I agree. The demand isn't there or we haven't found the right formula yet. Shout out to @@Vetoed, his content is high quality, but he is still underrated.

Edit: You changed your initial post so I don't know exactly what triggered some people.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can we stop talking about the stupid Ninja drama and get back to being a cesspool of negativity?

Thread is dead as fuck, rip beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure why my previous post required a captcha (one of those click this box ones) and then didn't post like an hour ago. Thanks to drafts, I'll try this again. 

Why do the top 3 screens on the left say $25,000 while the rest say $28,000? I'm assuming more money was added to the prize pool and not all graphics were changed. Regardless, that shouldn't happen on an official advertisement. PROOF READ, PEOPLE. Inb4 people tell me to proofread this post 

Edit: And bottom 3 screens on the right are the same. 

Edit2: Why do tweets not always show up in quotes? Do I need to change something, or is it a TB bug?

I just want to say its a complete joke that LOL didnt pick up Renegade.

(Nothing against Eco)

I agree and disagree. If Renegade was being led to believe he would be the fourth for the team, then this decision makes me respect the lot a bit less. However, we don't know the situation. I really hope that it was clear to Renegade that he wasn't the definite pickup, and it was clear to him the whole time who and what the options were. If this all was the case, I have no issue with the Eco pickup. While Renegade was great for the team and (imo) their best slayer, I can see this team working out just as well if not better.  :prayers:

They never placed well when they teamed in the past, but I'm excited to see how they do this time around.

As someone said earlier (@@TiberiusAudley probably?) They lost 3 games the entire Worlds tournament, all of which to Denial (final series 3-2), who then took 3rd/4th after losing to CLG 4/2. This was a good squad and I am excited to root for them again. They don't have any "main slayers" per say in H5, but I have hope that they will pull it together. They all have some slaying prowess and they all can do it all. Also, Eco too underrated. (Maybe not anymore? Used to be. Haven't seen much praise from the community)

Edit: But given that the top 2 teams are the 8 best slayers on H5 imo (at least 8/12),I'm not sure anyone can compete with them. 

No Lethul isn't a slayer, but let's all be honest. He can do whatever the Hell his team needs him to do. I'd still put him in my top 12 slayers. 

snipe to shin counts as headshot for the double?

Was it to the shins? Really?  Shouldn't have been a headshot, but for H5 that wouldn't even be considered a generous headshot imo.  @@Sal1ent @@Deez please lower megnetism on the sniper..... PLEASE

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Casey, h3h3, VideogameDunkey. Hecz, Linus, MKBHD sometimes.

Red Letter Media is my go to channel lately.

No offence to anyone I'm personally not a fan of vloggers...I just have too many friends who do it. Try having fun with them when they're walking around talking to their cameras or filming every meal/experience you have. It gets very old quickly....I'm a cynical bastard I know.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If optic doesn't go it will 100℅ be a much worse viewership number than OC, and we don't know of nV is going. If they both don't go I'm expecting 8k when it's finals game 7.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If optic doesn't go it will 100℅ be a much worse viewership number than OC, and we don't know of nV is going. If they both don't go I'm expecting 8k when it's finals game 7.

I mean it has to be a pretty big blow to any viewership Halo tournaments get when you know the best team isn't even attending. Part of the draw is watching the best play the game. It immediately makes the tournament less interesting when for example you can say "Yeah E6 won that event but the best two teams didn't even attend so who cares really?" Easily the most interesting story line right now is OpTic vs nV imo. It pretty much sucks for everyone that was interested in watching if they don't go. I can totally respect their decision not to attend though. It isn't on them to attend events that just aren't big enough/important enough to draw their attendance. 

• Upvote (+1) 2