CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If top teams don't want to do this then that's their prerogative but the weighting of success doesn't solely lie on the developer/publisher. 

I don't know why people can't just come out and say it needs the involvement of everyone to make this a success, not any one specific group.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I remember right a lot of people were getting personal and saying he had mental instability after an odd stream. I really don't blame him, and yet he's still one of the most humble and nicest pro's out there.

Yeah people forget how they were treating the mental struggles he was going through. He got it really rough from a lot of different directions. He lashed back out. 

Has he been anything but the most positive player on the circuit during H5? 

Guy is going through some shit, a bunch of people call him mentally unstable, and he responds with "fuck you guys" essentially. All in all, there are worse transgressions to be made.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys, stop posting reddit threads here. They'll get taken down because it constitutes as brigading by their site rules.

Hence why the protest thread seems to have been taken down.

edit: seems like the AR mod thread got deleted as well, but for other reasons. Still though, don't post reddit threads here

I posted the protest thread here with a np.reddit.com link, because usually that stops them from complaining about brigading. I was curious if that would help, and that thread sucked so it seemed like a win-win experiment. I'm totally okay with being responsible for it being nuked from orbit.

also - does this mean that every time I disagree with a thread on r/halo, I can just post here and delete it? Who knew Team Beyond membership came with honorary reddit mod powers?

What if you use the share option to tweet it then post the tweet here? Same thing?

not sure. @@EagleBurn is their top mod sp he could probably answer yours and @@mediabrute's questions.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Reticle directly on his body???

Pulled the trigger while turning. First shot is under the right elboy/under the gun. Says perfect because he hit 12 bullets in a row, minus his first bullet.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It absolutely can happen.  They need to give up on the "60 FPS ALL THE TIME OR ITS SHIT" idea.  Not to beat this dead horse but... Gears 4 looks amazing and has SS, but they cut the framerate to 30. That is an easy caveat to explain to people.  "Running split screen will cap framerate at 30 for a more even experience".  They said up until a few weeks before launch that there would be 2 player SS, which tells me that they were close to getting it or under "negotiations" about what compromises they were willing to advertise.  We don't have it because someone made the decision to cut it, not because they can't do it.

I'm going to call bullshit, I'm virtually positive that we knew a while before launch that there was no splitscreen for Halo 5 unless you can provide a source saying differently.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167122840&postcount=531

See the timestamp on that post? If you're going to toss shade at someone make sure you know what you are actually talking about.

Also, Gears 4 runs on a DIFFERENT engine. 

With the engine they had, in order to get the game they wanted. They dropped SS. 

You'll have to excuse my rudeness if I think it's total bullshit for you to claim you know they could have done it without knowing how the engine works or not having worked on it. If you wanna get mad at them for legit reasons, go ahead. But people going "Well I think" isn't a valid argument nor does it give you magic insight into how a game was developed.

There are two things we do know:

1. The games physics and stuff are tied to the FPS

2. It was a decision made early on.

That's it. Anything else is just you guessing and you guessing without knowing for sure means that "I think" does not cut it when it comes to things like "It could have had it because I think it should have because another game does."

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pulled the trigger while turning. First shot is under the right elboy/under the gun. Says perfect because he hit 12 bullets in a row, minus his first bullet.

Looks like a hit to me. Even if it was slightly off his body bullet mag should have made it a hit. Not like the perfect medal always works as intended. I've gotten perfect using the ar and then switching to br and other ways.

I don't remember which pro team it was, but one of them told me their org told them to pick one of OC/UGC/LV to attend. Hopefully I misheard and we can get most if not all the teams to each event.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What if you use the share option to tweet it then post the tweet here? Same thing?

I posted the protest thread here with a np.reddit.com link, because usually that stops them from complaining about brigading. I was curious if that would help, and that thread sucked so it seemed like a win-win experiment. I'm totally okay with being responsible for it being nuked from orbit.

also - does this mean that every time I disagree with a thread on r/halo, I can just post here and delete it? Who knew Team Beyond membership came with honorary reddit mod powers?

not sure. @@EagleBurn is their top mod sp he could probably answer yours and @@mediabrute's questions.

Linking threads is not against the rules. Telling people to upvote is. You guys can link threads here, just don't say "upvote this". This is a reddit site rule, not an /r/halo one. We've gotten in trouble for this before. Though I wasn't aware of the removal of that thread and I don't see anyone telling people to upvote the thread here, they're just talking about it. If you guys disagree with a thread removal, please message the mod mail.

Edit: The OP deleted his account before removal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i guess i'm talking more personal legacy than anything else. even just appearing at these open events to spectate and meet fans elevates you from great player to face of halo. a poster a few pages back talked about seeing strongside and elamite just coming to watch at a smaller event and how that elevated his experience. plus by competing at events like these, it brings legitimacy to the non sanctioned events. by coming out, it shows that these types of events can be successful and SHOULD be sanctioned and supported in the future.

ps-thanks for having a conversation with me and not dismissing me entireley

No problem, good conversations are always fun. I just don't think the burden should be placed on the players.343 and its partners need to be doing a better job of promoting this stuff and making it more accessible for the players. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though I wasn't aware of the removal of that thread

Damn, me @ing you did nothing then. I did report it though.

I don't remember which pro team it was, but one of them told me their org told them to pick one of OC/UGC/LV to attend. Hopefully I misheard and we can get most if not all the teams to each event.

oh wow. I need to know which one that was

Can I throw in the idea of an EU LAN? Might even get 3 teams to turn up :kappa:

This seems a lot easier to do since the UK is a much smaller country than America and France to Britain can't be that expensive. Feel we could get a good turnout provided there was a $50K prize pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1