CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I personally think that halo 5 has potential to get that competitive feel.

If they remove the fucking radar in HCS............

if they fix aiming

• Upvote (+1) 5

I personally find it to be unfair that pro players and community are being forced to carry this massive weight on their shoulders to "save Halo" ths season. We were played such an odd card this season of the HCS, is it really their fault if they can't show up to every single event? We have what? 3 events going on in the span of 2-3 months, 2 of them sanctioned and on the west coast, and one non sanctioned in the Midwest with a bigger prizepool than either of them? 

The blame shouldn't fall to the pros or to the community. The notion of "okay the bad decisions are already made and set in stone, how will you make the best of it" is 100% completely unacceptable, and such an irritating backwards way of approaching this situation. It all starts with the HCS decision making, we are just reacting to these decisions.

I personally found the pandering done this weekend by casters who don't want to read anything negative, who had a microphone and a stream, to be an unfortunate display. While I think people such as T2 have good intentions at heart, the emotions they are feeling towards pros and the community are misguided. Imagine if the HCS staff who was present at the event in person, received 1% of real feedback face to face so we can get something accomplished? Instead the pros and community are insulted for being "negative" in response to being forced to partake in a program this season that were below community and pro player expectations.

The whole thing is completely backwards. Instead of attacking pros and the community, we should as a collective be questioning why 343 was only half in tune with what the pros+community actually needed for Halo eSports to grow. Quit blindly accepting subpar decision making and then blaming the scene when we respond accordingly. I am done with it.

I feel like I'm losing hair over thinking about this nonsense sometimes.

So how did the interview for Che's old job go?  Sounds like you nailed it!!  Thats a joke for those who will inevitably not see that.  One of TB's mods should get the job, but wont.

I've been saying that for a while. It is not our job to "save Halo." I am not on the HCS payroll. I want to see 343 and its partners trying hard - not delegating tasks to the community.

Halo is a billion dollar franchise. 

True.  It's worse when someone from ESL says "You should absolutely be running your own little events" when we are not given the tools to do so (LAN and SS support), making this impossible and really showing how disconnected they are from the community.

If I was on a team Id be playing to build up a list of accomplishments to certify my spot in Halo history more so than playing for the money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So how did the interview for Che's old job go?  Sounds like you nailed it!!  Thats a joke for those who will inevitably not see that.  One of TB's mods should get the job, but wont.

I do not really care who gets the director spot, I am sure the hunger games are in full force at 343 to grab it.

My only unsolicited advice for whoever is awarded the job: Recognize what needs to be done, and do it. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

btw don't attack me on this.

Why are these LAN events, called LAN.

These aren't on a Local Area Network, these games are being played on the internet, just in the same venue.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

btw don't attack me on this.

Why are these LAN events, called LAN.

These aren't on a Local Area Network, these games are being played on the internet, just in the same venue.

Because it is a well known term and easier to say than 343 brought a dedicated server so we could play here.

Are Astro, and Comcast literally the only sponsors there are in the HCS? If someone could find and create a list of all of them that'd be awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really excited for competing in Vegas (my first event) and I'll be pretty sad if most of the pro teams aren't there.

Make sure to make a Vee-log to help create content and save halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I was on a team Id be playing to build up a list of accomplishments to certify my spot in Halo history more so than playing for the money.

Agreed. Money comes and goes. But a legacy you leave behind is forever.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This deserves 100 upvotes, guys. S-tier meme

Coming from you, this is a great accomplishment  :mj:

Just realized your Lethul quote sig is from when he did a giveaway and he rolled one more time afterwards to see who missed out and it was me. Rip.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean is anyone actually reporting him, or are we all just complaining about it privately? Seems like getting him a ban would be nice.

No clue. I didn't even realize he was cheating so I never reported him. I'm at the point where I'm so bad that I just assume everyone's way better than me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make sure to make a Vee-log to help create content and save halo.

I think the best I could do is pictures on Twitter. Will that save Halo?

especially in this era of esports

this is like the first era, people are going to look back on 2gre and Walshy like they look back at wilt chamberlin and mickey mantle 

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's not how the real world works. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

especially in this era of esports

this is like the first era, people are going to look back on 2gre and Walshy like they look back at wilt chamberlin and mickey mantle 

Haha... this makes the T2 saving lunch money and sleeping on the floor in a friends hotel comment so much better. 

Back in my day....

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. The events aren't well spread out. Although I love going to events I do not really want to go to an event come home(deal with being sick which I am now) just to travel again 2 or so weeks later. (edit: I know how spoiled this fkn sounds lol. Hopefully people understand where I am coming from.)

2. It being a non HCS sanctioned event means they will not have closed severs. Although I absolutely love other organizations being involved this is just an issue we unfortunately have to deal with the xbox one. To some this might not matter, but this is a pretty big deal imo. Practicing online halo just to go play online halo at a tourney doesn't sound very appealing.  

3. We currently are working on figuring out how we are going to possibly get royal 2 to Chicago aka even more time spent traveling.

4.The prize money doesn't help. The prize money really isn't a crazy big factor since all of the above are much more important(we just got back from an event with less prize money), but if you want organizations/players to WANT to go to events the incentive needs to be there. We went to this past event because we felt it had been a while since we had the opportunity to compete, obviously the money had little to nothing to do with it since it is silly how spoiled we are with our past earnings. I think UGC is great and I liked their event a lot in MCC, unfortunately with everything that happened with us switching orgs and everything being so last minute it is tough for us to both want to and for us to find it reasonable to ask for OG to pay for our travel for an event that we don't necessarily need to go to.(I am just being real about this with all of the traveling etc etc. I personally feel the HCS events should require pro players to go since it is a you know HCS event.)  Aka 4 pro teams showing up to an "HCS" event is not a good thing. Even if I do understand why all of those teams didn't attend.

Sorry for the long post.  

UGC probably (though I'm not sure), has a dedicated line, so the difference is most likely negligible.

I just can't get over the fact that we're in this spot where one of the reasons behind not going is that it's a PITA to travel twice in the span of 2 weeks, especially considering it'll probably be paid by an ORG.

We have orgs and salarys and all this shit now. Esports has really grown.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not how the real world works. 

Well all that I know being brought up in Ireland is that we play a few amateur sports but people dedicate their whole lives to it and I assure you their passion for the sport is greater than any paid athlete. They are only looking to solidify their place in history. So you cant really sit there and say thats not how the world works, it works both ways.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd rather have a shitload of money be unknown than be broke with a great legacy 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So, I was browsing the Gears of War Pro League site, and stumbled upon this. I didn't think they could make it worse, I really didn't.

e6.png

God...

The eye is wrinkled.

WHY DID THEY PUT A FOLD UNDER THE EYE? WHY?

• Upvote (+1) 1