CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For the Grand finals going into the early AM on a work night, viewership was pretty high.

This is a point that many seem to be missing.

Scheduling and all that aside, they actually pulled half decent numbers for an almost midnight finish.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cooper is that you?

It blows my mind how people don't understand the concept of double elimination. 

Then they go beyond that and prove that they do not understand the difference between regular season (essentially pool play,) and playoffs. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

also has anyone seen this reddit thread: https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/56lrgk/halo_pro_players_potentially_planning_a/

thoughts?

@@EagleBurn

Can you take care of it? Add a stickied post at the top or something?

Why is it when good content gets posted from competitive Halo community it gets like 10 upvotes, one guy goes off the rails and misrepresents us and it gets to the top :flip:

Hmm...that sounds eerily similar to something. Seems about right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait a second......

Gears of war 4 is getting MLG coverage.....

There is a invitational launch event on October 22nd

Could this mean Microsoft be pushing MLG to halo??

Maybe, one can hope.

Wait a second......

Maybe, one can hope.

No?

• Upvote (+1) 5

There wasn't anything really "grand" about the Grand Finals, just Optic crushing envyus. Arguably the first match between Optic and Envyus (semifinals right?) was the best game of the entire 2 days. That stuff was crazy man, extremely neck-in-neck the entire.

I'm (only slightly) kidding, but in response to getting sweeped in the finals he felt the need to mention they've beat OG in a scrim and a pro league as if to say they're closer to them than the LAN series showed.

I'm honestly surprised at anyone that thinks that nV ISN'T close to Optic at the moment. Look back at every single game the two teams played this weekend and all except maybe the last 2 came down to literally one clutch play from Optic or one misplay by nV (Snip3down's Truth flag play still makes me cringe). This weekend definitely made it clear Optic is still better but like Snip3down said in his interview here (https://clips.twitch.tv/esportsarena/GracefulFrogTinyFace) even though it may not be this LAN, when, not if, they beat Optic that is when nV will be the better team. Just remember Optic (then CLG) lost their first LAN to EG at X-Games and yet everyone knew they'd only get better with time too. Do they have a lot of work still to do? Of course. But I have no doubt this rivalry will only get better and closer with time as these two teams elevate eachother's play and make eachother better

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait a second......

Maybe, one can hope.

You're reaching.

MLG is running the official gears 4 circuit. Presumably because The Coalition was open to working with them.

There wasn't anything really "grand" about the Grand Finals, just Optic crushing envyus. Arguably the first match between Optic and Envyus (semifinals right?) was the best game of the entire 2 days. That stuff was crazy man, extremely neck-in-neck the entire.

Well the first game of the grand finals was really good. Then NV kinda like rolled over and died.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm honestly surprised at anyone that thinks that nV ISN'T close to Optic at the moment. Look back at every single game the two teams played this weekend and all except maybe the last 2 came down to literally one clutch play from Optic or one misplay by nV (Snip3down's Truth flag play still makes me cringe). This weekend definitely made it clear Optic is still better but like Snip3down said in his interview here (https://clips.twitch.tv/esportsarena/GracefulFrogTinyFace) even though it may not be this LAN, when, not if, they beat Optic that is when nV will be the better team. Just remember Optic (then CLG) lost their first LAN to EG at X-Games and yet everyone knew they'd only get better with time too. Do they have a lot of work still to do? Of course. But I have no doubt this rivalry will only get better and closer with time as these two teams elevate eachother's play and make eachother better

No, it's still a big if.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You're reaching.

MLG is running the official gears 4 circuit. Presumably because The Coalition was open to working with them.

I think I remember a Reddit post on r/Halo. 

It was about 343 never trying to contact MLG, and one of the guys at MLG were like wtf man.

So in the end MLG just gave halo 5, slight coverage in their youtube channel uploading events and having a series about HCS.

But it ended quite quickly.

Correct me if i'm wrong

wow! so i just played somebody who was modding... is this literally what this game has come too... it was like this all game, he would kill people in like 3 ar shots and from across the map

No, you were playing someone who was using a modified controller abusing an exploit with the automatic human weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 6

No, you were playing someone who was using a modified controller abusing an exploit with the automatic human weapons.

Isn't there like no way to mod the xbox one?

Meaning that the only cheats someone can do, is basic controller modding. Maybe lag switching

Meaning that the only cheats someone can do, is basic controller modding. Maybe lag switching

Anything can be modded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean no one has cracked it in the three years it has been out but it'll happen eventually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it helps, if this is who I think it is he wanted SWAT ARs back in the Reach days. So take that as you will

that's, uh, unique. I'm glad people here aren't a huge fan of that thread either  tbh, I went to reddit all happy after the event to post a "congrats" thread for the winners.. and then I see competitive concerns have finally made the frontpage, and it's *that*. Just seems kind of like a bad look for the community

wow! so i just played somebody who was modding... is this literally what this game has come too... it was like this all game too, he would kill people in like 3 AR shots and from across the map too.

https://twitter.com/Zachary_Lan/status/785569394151690241

Prior to rage deleting halo5 from my Xbox, i played that guy a bunch of times. This explains a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the Grand finals going into the early AM on a work night, viewership was pretty high.

Imagine if it went to game 7 :O

watching this eden strongholds game from the grand finals just makes me wonder why did they add the SPNKR into HCS gametypes? I love the SPNKR design and everything and get the nostalgia part but the SPNKR is so unreliable... its slower, seems like it has less blast radius, and is often inconsistent. I think they should make all the rockets uniform and remove the SPNKR from at least HCS gametypes. Or they could give it the same stats as the regular rocket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I remember a Reddit post on r/Halo.

It was about 343 never trying to contact MLG, and one of the guys at MLG were like wtf man.

So in the end MLG just gave halo 5, slight coverage in their youtube channel uploading events and having a series about HCS.

But it ended quite quickly.

Correct me if i'm wrong

MLG has expressed interest in H5, but hasn't been given an opportunity to bid.

MLG covers HCS results because they tend to give updates on all Esports, not just the ones they operate.

Mods sorry if this is the wrong thread!

Looking for to4 to circleboost in team hardcore, level 40+ only.. I am bridging host to the modder, so I am on the winning team, I softmodded my xbox too by smashing it against my garage a few times so it doesnt load DLC maps anymore

We wont screw you over I promise bro.

85b7ffeeef5f61d948e5e01f7ef0e3ae.png

:simms:  :holmes:

those were the days man..

Those were the days..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mods sorry if this is the wrong thread!

Looking for to4 to circleboost in team hardcore, level 40+ only.. I am bridging host to the modder, so I am on the winning team, I softmodded my xbox too by smashing it against my garage a few times so it doesnt load DLC maps anymore

We wont screw you over I promise bro.

85b7ffeeef5f61d948e5e01f7ef0e3ae.png

:simms: :holmes:

I heard 343 hire modders because they know how to make games shit and get paid for it :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1