CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Want to say thanks to everyone who provided constructive feedback this weekend on the forums, it may be overshadowed or ignored by some in the community, but @@Phade and his team took it to heart and finished strong on Sunday with a lot of improvements. Hopefully we can look at the first couple days as a learning experience and PGL and UGC will knock it out of the park in the coming months. Can't wait to watch these events on LAN again :)

We're looking forward to it! Always open for suggestions with the UGC LAN, I have no doubt the team will do an awesome job and everyone will be pleased!!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey, like I said there was a lot of competition plus hurricanes on Sunday

And ninja was streaming halo with close to 1k viewers during the tourney.

Accidental neg my dude

KRunPIz.jpg

it pays dividends to be an FFA lord

There were two EU teams at this event? wtf. 

Got carried by Lethul in H2A and Halo 3 sniping was so easy how could anyone be bad

A+

That sounds fucking amazing.

Yea if they managed to broadcast that audio online so its optional for those at home, I'd probably have to sleep with someone at UGC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In the past UGC has come up with some really cool ideas for spectators at the LANs. For example the last STL LAN they had headsets you could rent for like 10 bucks and you could hear the teams communication on the main stage. You could switch channels to witch team you wanted to hear. I have never seen it done before or since. It was a huge hit. The headphones would light up and you could see tons of people wearing them. Some of the pros had them on and were clowning hard it was so good. 

I want to add to this. These headphones were actually free to spectators at the LAN, all you had to do was provide them an ID to make sure you gave them back. Being able to hear teams communication in game, and being able to switch back and forth was absolutely amazing. It was also interesting to hear team discussions pre and post games, especially how they were able to bounce back. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So with pros not having to play on Friday for UGC, Pro League shouldn't be an issue right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which pro teams are confirmed going to UGC?

last I heard It was E6 and ALG. I am not sure about ALG now with them losing shooter though

I just hope the lack of developer boxes isn't detouring players from going to the event, sucks that such a basic feature is holding back so many opportunities.

Whatever the chatt event did, the "lan" had good connection. It was super crisp and amazing from what i heard by the people who went. Hopefully we can at least have that for events consistently.

Actually I wonder if the closed servers have any different feel to it compared to any players who also went to chatt

I've been saying all this time that Snip3down is an onliner. Gets carried by his connection and chokes on LAN

wow why is this getting negged?!?!

Also about St. Louis idk for sure if we are going or not it's a lot more complicated than me just buying a flight lol. My flight to stay here a bit longer probably cost more than that one would. Who knows maybe something will change but at least we will be at Vegas for sure, hopefully the rest of the pro teams decide to show up

• Upvote (+1) 7

We're going to UGC. Roster lock is Oct 17th, so we'll have our 4th by then. UGC is Oct 28-30.

:simms:  :simms:  :simms:

Glad to hear.

hope EG goes to UGC...as well as other pro teams

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a bummer EG didn't make it to the LAN this weekend.  Even if their 4th isnt solid, and even if they would not have won, I think their team could really benefit from that kind of practice.    Hope to see them improve.  I also hope they make it to UCG.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if observer mode can produce stats real time I wonder would 343 eventually allow for stat sites to produce stats real time  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just woke up from sleeping. Probably going to sleep some more too lol. But quick response to this before i make a bigger post later tonight.

From feedback ive gotten about the retail boxes we had at Esports Arena there is negligible difference between them and the dev kits. I know Proverb and Austen havr a great internet setup like we do so it doesnt suprise me that people enjoyed playing at Chattanooga.

With that said, the fact there aren't dev kits at UGC should stop NO ONE from attending (providing they have a quality low ping internet) and enjoying the game and tournament.

Please support UGC and PGL as much as you supported me and Esports Arena on Sunday.

Great work this weekend. I know I'm far from alone in being amazed at how quickly and professionally you reacted to the criticisms posted here. The improvements were huge, and I'm so much more than stoked to come out to the Halo CE and Shadowrun tournament you guys are hosting.

I think it's the first time in a long time where I've seen an event take place, receive more than a lot of criticism, and see a representative speak up rather than hide. Not only did you speak but you followed through on your word and acted on it on numerous fronts. Getting that side camera out to the Most Wanted series was an incredible effort in showing us something that you guys had no plans on showing.

You killed it this weekend man, good stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if observer mode can produce stats real time I wonder would 343 eventually allow for stat sites to produce stats real time  :walshy:

yeah would be nice right? apparently they are generated automatically into a text file but a certain 343 employee is unable to even attach that file to an email and send it out (even though he promised he would)

sounds like a lot of work, i know

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had to catch up on a bunch of pages and still haven't seen the whole stream but WOW.

This was my first time seeing a Halo Open and I don't think I could be more hyped. It was so great to see some of the AMs play the pros tough and even land some upsets.

I remember back in season 1 when Timo and Adam were talking back and forth, it came to light that ESL felt like having AMs play Pros in HCS sanctioned tournaments would be a barrier to promotion. I think this weekend proved that idea FALSE, and that Open LANs need to happen more, not less. I'm glad someone had a change of heart in that regard.

Now we need 343 to commit to NEVER releasing another Halo game without LAN support. Also, they need to push some sort of Host Application so that H5 Mp can be played without reliance on Xbox live.

Also we need some MLG

• Upvote (+1) 3