CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I found one for 270 from Chicago to St. Louis :D

Anyone looking for cheap flights should checkout skippedlag.com - I just found one for the UGC weekend from Chicago to st Louis round trip for $192 ;)

It uses the cheapest flights with layovers to get you to your destination.

For example, I flew to San Francisco from New Jersey. My ticket was technically to Las Vegas with a 2 hour layover in San Francisco. Cut a 600 dollar ticket into 350 :)

The only disadvantage is that you can not check your bags! They are actually so good they are getting sued by united i believe haha! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Big up to @@Phade and the whole ESA team for taking the feedback and improving the stream for yesterday's Championship Sunday. The difference was clear and the floor cam to catch some of the side station matches was a great move imo. Of course, resources are finite and you can only work with what you have; but I definitely appreciated you guys stepping up and improving in a pinch. I hope to see more from ESA moving forward and I really hope you guys stay involved with Halo.

Thank you 

You-The-Real-MVP.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Seems cheap but you gotta send like many people.... so multiply that by many people and bam... you got metric shitload. Anyone who has planned a vacation with a family understands. You see that $270 flight and you think not so bad, then you realize you gotta get a ticket for the wife, the kid you like, the kid you don't like, and the baby, who for some reason needs his own seat.

Now your looking at $1350 bucks, then you go... thats just the flight what about the hotel.

Travel is expensive man...

Source: self, sales engineer

Oh no doubt man. I completely understand that!

I'm just sad to see some pro teams not going to the UGC event. Especially with it being in the central US(and not west coast). I really hope A bunch of AM teams attend because if they don't that won't look good at all for the scene.

Hecz should hire a bus. Make it a road trip and film it for youtube. Optic Road to St Louis. Hijinks will ensue

Agree 100%, probably faster cheaper than a flight too.

Generally I prefer not to fly if its less than 6 hour drive. Its usually much cheaper and more convenient for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also shoutout to the AM team that placed 4th (can't remember their name) but hopefully they should other Ams that attending the next event can be worth. 

Does that mean they get points or better placement in the qualifiers? Did they get anything other than Prize Money?

There is only one man who can save Halo, and America, at this point. 

161010004816-ken-bone-debate-exlarge-169

Why do I feel like that guy would be perfect in the leading roll for a Thriller/Serial killer movie?

i.e. Lovely Bones type of ish

HAHAHA I can't this morning

The difference between friday and sunday was amazing. I hope st louis is as receptive to feedback as esa was. One thing that was bugging me was the lack of listen ins. Was anything said as to why they weren't done especially with astro as a sponsor and on site?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I realize the finals were a 4-0 but each of those games were like 1-2 spawn cycles away from going nV's way ... OpTic is still the best on LAN, no doubt, but that series was way closer than the worlds finals against Allegiance (for example)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do I feel like that guy would be perfect in the leading roll for a Thriller/Serial killer movie?

i.e. Lovely Bones type of ish

HAHAHA I can't this morning

You're not necessarily that far off, considering his name is Ken Bone.

Welcome to the Bone Zone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Peak is what I meant by higher than pro league?

What did Burbank do?

600 more people watched OG-nV on lan vs online, woohoo!

burkbank did 23k peak both days with a 9k average over both days

ESA had a 9k peak average

Has there been any word if PGL will be on the Halo channel for their event, because that should be top priority right now for the HCS staff.

Nothing against ESA reach, but I'm guessing 95% of viewers probably weren't familiar with the channel before this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My responses to that reddit thread on a couple of points.

"The community is hugely in favour of MLG creating open LAN events, and in turn removing/preventing PGL/UGC and esportsArena removing them due to very poor feedback and the aggressive words of their staff.

Halo has it's roots at MLG. We know their product and that they can run high quality events and streams while providing us with strong schedules, information about prize money, locations of events well in advance of time. Smaller companies frankly can't compete with MLGs product. So yes I'd say a majority of us want MLG to take Halo back because it's not just an incredibly smart move in terms of building a larger audience, it's also competitive Halo's original home and we're nostalgic.

Also aggressive words of their staff? Phade and esports Arena took every piece of criticism the right way, with no complaints and improved everything in the span of a single day and I've seen nothing but praise from the community for it. (Not just because it's well deserved but because people actually listened to us for once)

Team Beyond replacing ESL and running/producing/managing the Pro League and Challenger League due to their excellent record in their tournament system, and have all the infrastructure in place, the community behind them to create a much superior league. They have already have a sponsor in Astro. This could lead to the league having a major sponsoring, leading to a rev share plan with the teams.

I love Team Beyond and while I've never entered a tournament the guys here deserve a huge amount of credit for running them so smoothly and above board. That being said personally I think ESL do a great job of the Pro League and I think a lot of the Team Beyond guys probably wouldn't want to even want to replace ESL on that front.

What would be nice is if Team Beyond got more recognition on streams and at events given it's competitive Halo's biggest source of discussion and news. Personally I feel that Cyren, Saucey and other high profile founders/contributors should be at events as VIP Guests given how much Team Beyond has contributed to keeping competitive Halo alive long enough for things like the HCS to be viable.

Just my thoughts

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does that mean they get points or better placement in the qualifiers? Did they get anything other than Prize Money?

I believe they gained points and secured their place in that last 8 thing that will lead to the two teams challenging for promotion. The points they get helps their seed there. 

600 more people watched OG-nV on lan vs online, woohoo!

burkbank did 23k peak both days with a 9k average over both days

ESA had a 9k peak average

Hey, like I said there was a lot of competition plus hurricanes on Sunday

And ninja was streaming halo with close to 1k viewers during the tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hey, like I said there was a lot of competition plus hurricanes on Sunday

there's always competition cause it's champ sunday for every esport

also remember lan stats? those were cool  :mj:

It means they qualified as one of 4 teams from OC for the 8 team tournament that will occur in Vegas next month determining who will participate in the relegation tournament at pro league finals. Now they dont have to play in the weekly cups on the weekend for points and just focus on practicing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, like I said there was a lot of competition plus hurricanes on Sunday.

Dang. Did he host the event at all on his channel?

Tuned in to the stream and heard that they were using continuation and that NV would have to win two back to back series vs Optic to win. Turned it off. Continuation is one of the dumbest things about esports.

"Welcome to the Super Bowl!!! Falcons vs Broncos. This is the most important game of the season!!! But remember, Atlanta beat Denver in week 5 so if Denver wins the SB, they don't actually win!! Stay tuned for a second SB which totally trivializes the importance of the first one!! It's amazing!!! Everyone remembers 2007 when in  week 17 the patriots beat the giants to go 16-0. The giants then upset the ptriots in the super bowl to win...nothing!! Then they played again because everyone knows the SB means nothing!!!"

Dumb

But they aren't using continuation. They're using double elimination. Entirely different

• Upvote (+1) 1