CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have to agree, i have always liked strongside mostly because of his enthusiasm but he works much better as a co-caster. Hope to see him at the next LAN.

Strong side called the snakebite clutch against nV so well. I was so excited hearing him shout 'go to snakebite!'

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just asked Royal 1 if OpTic was going to UGC.

He replied with "I don't think so :("

• Upvote (+1) 3

also has anyone seen this reddit thread: https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/56lrgk/halo_pro_players_potentially_planning_a/

thoughts?

What? Who posted that? Half the stuff the guy said is wrong, and now he's getting Reddit support behind it?

I don't know how to put it in a nice quote box, but according to this guy these are our demands...

"The community is hugely in favour of MLG creating open LAN events, and in turn removing/preventing PGL/UGC and esportsArena removing them due to very poor feedback and the aggressive words of their staff.

Team Beyond replacing ESL and running/producing/managing the Pro League and Challenger League due to their excellent record in their tournament system, and have all the infrastructure in place, the community behind them to create a much superior league. They have already have a sponsor in Astro. This could lead to the league having a major sponsoring, leading to a rev share plan with the teams.

Settings (no radar) created by a panel of pro players, Simms, and Team Beyond staff. No more AR/crouch walking.

If we HAVE to deal with other companies hosting LANs, you must stream on the Halo twitch channel. Dont dare think about using the event and the community to grow your business when its about growing Halo

All Pro players must have full travel, food, expenses covered by the LAN organiser. These are our pros, lets treat them better.

For fans, we encourage you to not watch today stream as a sign that we are not happy.

343 need to step up, and soon. I encourage all to not watch the stream later today to send the message to 343 that everyone is not happy. Its time for Halo to be the king of esports like it was 10 years ago."

I don't know what to say, his whole post is ridiculous. I'm all for Team Beyond helping with the HCS more (one of the staff members mentioned running amateur brackets, that would be sick), but I don't know if they have the infrastructure in place to run the pro league, maybe I'm wrong. Also I don't think anyone was encouraging others to stop watching the LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 4

st louis is like a 45 minute flight from chicago

45 min flight still cost a metric shitload of money unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tuned in to the stream and heard that they were using continuation and that NV would have to win two back to back series vs Optic to win. Turned it off. Continuation is one of the dumbest things about esports.

"Welcome to the Super Bowl!!! Falcons vs Broncos. This is the most important game of the season!!! But remember, Atlanta beat Denver in week 5 so if Denver wins the SB, they don't actually win!! Stay tuned for a second SB which totally trivializes the importance of the first one!! It's amazing!!! Everyone remembers 2007 when in  week 17 the patriots beat the giants to go 16-0. The giants then upset the ptriots in the super bowl to win...nothing!! Then they played again because everyone knows the SB means nothing!!!"

Dumb

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 54

Whoa that Reddit thread is actually pretty damaging, especially for TB and ESA.

Paints both parties in a negative light which is bad IMO as tbh it seems like the general consensus today is that ESA and @@Phade did all they could to make Sunday's show a much-improved success, and that for all its faults the weekend was nonetheless enjoyable.

Maybe mods could speak to the r/Halo mods and get this post removed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

A metric shitload of money? They have won about 275,000 dollars EACH since Halo 5 has come out, AND they are under OpTic.

Money is not an issue

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally find that really disappointing for what was an awesome event

All in all it was higher than pro league so that's a ztart. Not too mention it was up against a huge debate, giants packers, and a hurricane taking out power all over the southeast

I still think NV has to many slayers. Could do with a good obj support player.

Isn't Eco free now?

Tuned in to the stream and heard that they were using continuation and that NV would have to win two back to back series vs Optic to win. Turned it off. Continuation is one of the dumbest things about esports.

"Welcome to the Super Bowl!!! Falcons vs Broncos. This is the most important game of the season!!! But remember, Atlanta beat Denver in week 5 so if Denver wins the SB, they don't actually win!! Stay tuned for a second SB which totally trivializes the importance of the first one!! It's amazing!!! Everyone remembers 2007 when in  week 17 the patriots beat the giants to go 16-0. The giants then upset the ptriots in the super bowl to win...nothing!! Then they played again because everyone knows the SB means nothing!!!"

Dumb

Well there isn't a loser's bracket in the nfl...

• Upvote (+1) 6

All in all it was higher than pro league so that's a ztart. 

not really, slighter higher peak but that's it

0lHKbFl.png

not good by any means but not completely awful, this is the first LAN i tracked that didn't hit 20k peak

• Upvote (+1) 3

I found one for 270 from Chicago to St. Louis :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Major shoutouts should go to @@Phade and the whole Esports Arena crew for adapting and in the end putting on a good show on Championship Sunday. Some of the things we didn't like were really beyond their control and yet they still took a lot of flack for it, but eventually we got great games in a lan environment and that's what we really wanted in the end. I would love to see what ESA or any other TO's could do with a larger turnout, hopefully Vegas will be that tournament. 

Also shoutout to the AM team that placed 4th (can't remember their name) but hopefully they should other Ams that attending the next event can be worth. 

not really, slighter higher peak but that's it

0lHKbFl.png

not good by any means but not completely awful, this is the first LAN i tracked that didn't hit 20k peak

Peak is what I meant by higher than pro league?

What did Burbank do?

Strong side called the snakebite clutch against nV so well. I was so excited hearing him shout 'go to snakebite!'

except that it was Royal 2...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I found one for 270 from Chicago to St. Louis :D

Seems cheap but you gotta send like many people.... so multiply that by many people and bam... you got metric shitload. Anyone who has planned a vacation with a family understands. You see that $270 flight and you think not so bad, then you realize you gotta get  a ticket for the wife, the kid you like, the kid you don't like, and the baby, who for some reason needs his own seat.

Now your looking at $1350 bucks, then you go... thats just the flight what about the hotel. 

Travel is expensive man... 

Source: self, sales engineer

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2