CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pretty ridiculous statement considering the YEARS of competition and experience 3/4 of their team has with halo tournament lans.

He clearly was talking about their LAN experience as a team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just woke up after sleeping through all my alarms for morning lectures. Well, at least I have so many awesome clips to send my lecturers by way of apology.

I had such a blast watching the LAN yesterday, SO much more exciting than Pro League. I can't wait to watch Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really proud of ESA improving their production during the weekend but it still wasn't even close to what we deserve or expect as a community

It felt like an AGL event

Good to see 16k viewers last night despite a poorly advertised, prouduced and located event.

However @@Phade stepped up brilliantly in the championship Sunday broadcast. Well done everyone.

Just a reminder of the things that we could achieve working with both ESL and MLG when Halo 6 comes out. 108 team open LAN anyone?!

All I can say is that I hope MLG are allocated the North American portion of HWC, and for the love of god, I hope they host the HWC. I'd be more than happy for ESL to run EU/ANZ and the Pro League.

Working together, we could achieve so much. I legitimately think Halo is the most exciting eSport title out there, it just needs more exposure.

I was extremely disappointed in ESA for the first two days but after watching them pull it together for Sunday, I hope that 343 allows them to host more events. However, if they do, the production value needs to improve. While literally everything was better on Sunday :prayers: , it was still a far cry from what we once had. I'd like to see MLG become involved, and for ESA to hire better graphic designers (any graphic designers?) (@@mediabrute I love you). Aside from graphics and downtime at the end of Sunday (apparently due to vetoes) I had zero issues with the stream (on Sunday). Bravo @@Phade for making great improvements at a moments notice both in your casting and in the stream. Even though the bans in the finals didn't go over well, the fact that you incorporated them in the stream almost immediately after reading a comment is remarkable. Great job, and props to you. Now if only 343 would follow in step  :mj:

All-in-all, I think I see why 343i thought they needed to host an event with y'all. Great job Wade at incorporating and responding to feedback so quiickly throughout the week. The difference was astronomical.

Edit: Now if only @@CyReN would increase premium rep to 400 during tournaments, I run out wayyyyyy to quick  :simms:

Edit1: Someone else said it already, but I want to parrot them: props to @@Phade and the entirety of ESA for giving us the best Sunday of LAN Halo 5 we've had yet. Today was amazing  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 8

i believe we surpassed 15K

Thanks, glad to see it improve on the previous days, still not what we would hope for but maybe lessons can be learned for the next one. 

I'm just now watching the grand finals and I gotta say, I love T2 in the booth. I know pretty much everyone has said that since he started doing it regularly but man it makes the viewing experience so much better. Listening to him makes me think of how dry the commentary was before him. I love it when he laughs at people dying. Someone gets ground pounded and you hear a little "Ho ho ho" from him. 

Had a good chat with my viewers yesterday about this and I've spent time in the past writing it down and designing what I think would make this game one of the best halos ever competition wise, my personal perfect Arena settings are the following.

- no radar. Needs to go 100% to allow H5 to play at it's designed competitive speed.

- reduced autos on map or reduce the auto ammo. Help combat camping and allow for more 1v1 engagements and gunskill battles.

- no AR secondary or an AR damage nerf with reduced ammo. It's not a utility weapon at present, it's a full on secondary.

- no SPNKR rockets, just H5 ones only please. Don't fix what's not broken, SPNKRs are slow and sluggish.

- shotgun or scatter 20 second increased respawn timer. Would allow for less in game abuse by 1 team.

- remove hit markers. Nades are now been used as an item to find people, not kill them.

- remove Spartan charge. (open to keeping it tbh) Just personally find it a get out of jail free card for sprinting/been unaware.

- stop silly nade abuse/yolo throwing. Lower the amount of nades a player can carry or remove some from map, way too many free nade kills.

- keep magnum start. As a H2 boy I love the BR but my god it hits so hard and would be too OP and not fun.

- Add Mercy as a slayer map. Open to looking at Tyrant and testing for slayer with better weapon placements. (Also keen to see OG oddball and assault looked at but needs to be OG style/settings)

- fix the free killing sniper. Too long has this gun been OP, no scopes no longer take skill, they are a given :(.

- look at weapons on map and why. (Personally hate fuel rod on Truth) I like the smg, I hate the storm rifle. Would happily keep the smg and bin off the latter. Edit - this extends to things like suppressors, stuff like this I find weird/unused/strange and these kind of map filler weapons I think would be easily swapped out and replaced by AR if it wasn't a secondary.

Changing things up like the H5 rockets for H2A version and normal SMG for a silenced version just confuses me as to why. I'm a huge fan of 'don't fix what's not broke' but fail to see what was broke about these 2 weapons previous? Halo 5 has evolved into what can be an amazing game and one of the best by far, would love to see a test list after fall season with the above changes implemented for community and pro feedback if possible please? @@Deez @@Sal1ent

I don't know how I missed this, but I would love to see this happen soon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just woke up after sleeping through all my alarms for morning lectures. Well, at least I have so many awesome clips to send my lecturers by way of apology.

I had such a blast watching the LAN yesterday, SO much more exciting than Pro League. I can't wait to watch Vegas.

Man ive just woke up and first lecture is in over an hour (3pm).

Big well done to @@Phade and Esportsarena for a great final day, I think many of us would love another LAN back there if it was like that for three whole days!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been saying all this time that Snip3down is an onliner. Gets carried by his connection and chokes on LAN

I guess his two handfuls of event wins are a result of getting carried...............................

• Upvote (+1) 6

There's too much positivity invading my cesspool of negativity!

But seriously I just got caught up and I'd either be livid or completely apathetic at this point if I were Cyren/Saucey and co.

Don't forget UGC..

• Upvote (+1) 4

Very true! Can't wait to see Halo back in St. Louis.

Big fan of your photography btw, your work has inspired my own a lot.

It will be an exciting one! REALLY hope more pro teams go to this one...

Thanks so much <3 I really appreciate that! It's killing me I haven't shot a halo(or any event) event since May T.T

I'd love to see some of your work sometime :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess his two handfuls of event wins are a result of getting carried...............................

Got carried by Lethul in H2A and Halo 3 sniping was so easy how could anyone be bad

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 23

Great job to OG for winning again. Royal must be depressed every time he has to play online. 

Got carried by Lethul in H2A and Halo 3 sniping was so easy how could anyone be bad

You're trolling right?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I enjoyed the LAN, although I didn't watch too much Friday because FFA isn't entertaining to me..I enjoyed it and all I learned this weekend is that I would like to attend the next LAN ESA hosts. I heard mention of you guys opening something in Oakland, come to the East Coast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I enjoyed the LAN, although I didn't watch too much Friday because FFA isn't entertaining to me..I enjoyed it and all I learned this weekend is that I would like to attend the next LAN ESA hosts. I heard mention of you guys opening something in Oakland, come to the East Coast.

+1

Come to NJ

• Upvote (+1) 6

Bar the long wait times between matches and other technical problems, the FFA wasn't bad. I enjoy FFA though.

I have to stay that Strongsides casting was much improved this event compared to the pro league last season, especially when he was with Tsquared. He was very clearly miscast in his role as a commentator who could lead a broadcast and when he has someone else who can dominate it he definitely shines brighter.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have to stay that Strongsides casting was much improved this event compared to the pro league last season, especially when he was with Tsquared. He was very clearly miscast in his role as a commentator who could lead a broadcast and when he has someone else who can dominate it he definitely shines brighter.

The two of them together are my favourite:

https://twitter.com/FaithSide_/status/785346992981487617

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have to agree, i have always liked strongside mostly because of his enthusiasm but he works much better as a co-caster.  Hope to see him at the next LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1