CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Top of the screen overlay has NV and Liquid with the wrong colours @@Phade

Literally the only complaint about today's stream... Very impressed and happy (despite it being 4am here - worth it!) :)

I noticed that onsite, too. FaithSide fixed it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nearly every single time Mikwen was on stream, he was making a fail play, usually flailing around missing with a power weapon and dying. I like the guy but NV can't touch OG with him playing like that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

In the Pro Bracket, Liquid 3-0d TMMT and got 3-0d by E6. In the Sunday Bracket, they lost to TMMT and 3-1d E6. Signs of Liquid being inconsistent on LAN?

I think the "can't wait to play online" was sarcasm.

But how can you tell with no use of the "Kappa"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty ridiculous statement considering the YEARS of competition and experience 3/4 of their team has with halo tournament lans.

Same.

I've been playing Halo 5 since the game came out, and I didn't believe what this forum was saying about slow turn. Well, I just experienced it for the first time today, and I feel sorry for people who have to deal with that on a daily basis. I was LITERALLY turning at a snail's pace with the analog stick at full tilt. I am sorry for doubting people, thinking they were crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a good reason for there being no listen-ins or even facecams?

Well, ASTRO was sponsoring the event so it'd just be crazy to have ASTRO listen-ins :P

I've been playing Halo 5 since the game came out, and I didn't believe what this forum was saying about slow turn. Well, I just experienced it for the first time today, and I feel sorry for people who have to deal with that on a daily basis. I was LITERALLY turning at a snail's pace with the analog stick at full tilt. I am sorry for doubting people, thinking they were crazy.

yeah, it's so annoying. i change my acceleration on the fly when it starts happening and that helps sometimes, but there's not much you can do

also has anyone seen this reddit thread: https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/56lrgk/halo_pro_players_potentially_planning_a/

thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But how can you tell with no use of the "Kappa"

Tone to text obviously.

What kind of numbers did the viewership reach yesterday?  I watched for a while early on but then had to go to sleep due to work so missed the finals (will be catching up on those later!).

What kind of numbers did the viewership reach yesterday?  I watched for a while early on but then had to go to sleep due to work so missed the finals (will be catching up on those later!).

i believe we surpassed 15K

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm really proud of ESA improving their production during the weekend but it still wasn't even close to what we deserve or expect as a community

It felt like an AGL event

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good to see 16k viewers last night despite a poorly advertised, prouduced and located event.

However @@Phade stepped up brilliantly in the championship Sunday broadcast. Well done everyone.

Just a reminder of the things that we could achieve working with both ESL and MLG when Halo 6 comes out. 108 team open LAN anyone?!

All I can say is that I hope MLG are allocated the North American portion of HWC, and for the love of god, I hope they host the HWC. I'd be more than happy for ESL to run EU/ANZ and the Pro League.

Working together, we could achieve so much. I legitimately think Halo is the most exciting eSport title out there, it just needs more exposure.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm really proud of ESA improving their production during the weekend but it still wasn't even close to what we deserve or expect as a community

It felt like an AGL event

Yeah except there's actually money involved and we didn't go sky diving :kappa:

Totally unrelated to a great LAN, but this is all I can think about when I see Royal 1.

08FQ3wM.png

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are people on an anti-snipedown bandwagon now?

People like Tom Brady, but if he were to lose and say "Yeah but when the balls were deflated we were winning", he wouldn't be so popular either.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

People like Tom Brady, but if he were to lose and say "Yeah but when the balls were deflated we were winning", he wouldn't be so popular either.

What did snipedown say that was comparable to this? I didn't see much of the event.

What did snipedown say that was comparable to this? I didn't see much of the event.

I'm (only slightly) kidding, but in response to getting sweeped in the finals he felt the need to mention they've beat OG in a scrim and a pro league as if to say they're closer to them than the LAN series showed.

Paraphrasing/reading between the lines

i believe we surpassed 15K

I personally find that really disappointing for what was an awesome event

• Upvote (+1) 2