CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

100% true, definitely some head turners

yeah, my biggest problem with pro league is that we only get 4 teams at what's supposed to be the biggest hype event of the season, and this event definitely reinforced that opinion. Finals would be so much more exciting with all 8 teams playing (post-relegation)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Think one thing we as a community should take away from today is that giving people a chance is important, on both sides of the fence.

After a pretty lackluster Friday and Saturday, ESA and @@Phade took a chance on trusting this competitive community to make their show better, and they delivered massive improvements at very short notice.

In return, this community gave ESA another look and rallied behind the implementation of community feedback.

Today's show was really really good, and part of why it was so vastly improved, IMO, is that both sides gave each other the benefit of the doubt.

Really? Because all I saw was "Screw 343, ESL, and esportsarena" everywhere I went. Obviously people on both sides did talk but I only saw the pitchforks. My question is, who did the talking to make things better? Because the insults I saw tossed around couldn't have helped anything at all.

• Downvote (-1) 1

lethul to stream 2nite

I think the "can't wait to play online" was sarcasm.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really? Because all I saw was "Screw 343, ESL, and esportsarena" everywhere I went. Obviously people on both sides did talk but I only saw the pitchforks.

Sorry but I have to completely disagree. I've been watching TB, Twitter and watching the stream all day/night and after the first hour or so it quickly became apparent that ESA had pulled off a miracle and almost all the posts I saw today reflect that.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Sorry but I have to completely disagree. I've been watching TB, Twitter and watching the stream all day/night and after the first hour or so it quickly became apparent that ESA had pulled off a miracle and almost all the posts I saw today reflect that.

Nah, you're misunderstanding what I said.

I said that I saw a lots of insults and pitchforks that wouldn't have helped anyone.

I was just wondering who the people where who helped change things around because there is no way that the insults people were tossing around or accusations that all everyone at esportsarena cares about is add money, did that simply by whining. Basically, I want to give them a medal for helping to make a great event.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

all the gear in world can't cure shit internet. can anyone say with a straight face that if royal 2 was this good online, they wouldn't be 1st in the standings?

it's like snipedown didn't learn from when cratos said the same shit before getting BTFO on LAN.

Whatre you talking about lol, all I said was we beat them in scrims, and in pro league... all that's left to do is beat them on LAN. I'm not going out of my way to say they're better online, just spitting facts. That's literally all that's left
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Whatre you talking about lol, all I said was we beat them in scrims, and in pro league... all that's left to do is beat them on LAN. I'm not going out of my way to say they're better online, just spitting facts. That's literally all that's left

How tilted were you all after game 1 of grand finals?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Their clutches are due to their mentality/mindset. Its the most impressive thing about them, not their shots, communication, map movement, none of it. They shake off losses and don't let errors negatively effect them, they move on from it and always come back swinging. This is literally the main factor that separates the best/the greats from just the good (and its probably the hardest). Most teams have it to some degree (while some individual players lack it) but not to the same extent that they do. Unless other teams can replicate that, then Optic will continue to dominate the rest of H5.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena/v/93750959?t=03h13m37s

"excuses" edit- 3:13:30ish mark

i still respect you eric, but i gotta keep 100 here. 

ps shrug off the loss man, you guys are close to them, just gotta go back to the drawing board is all like pistola said.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So how do you guys think Vegas is gonna go down in terms of schedule? Open bracket + 8 team AM qualifying bracket + Champ bracket seems like a lot for one weekend.

So how do you guys think Vegas is gonna go down in terms of schedule? Open bracket + 8 team AM qualifying bracket + Champ bracket seems like a lot for one weekend.

I feel like top 8 on Sunday is the way to go.

After watching @@Royal2 today, I wonder how many others would be amazing at Halo 5, but have dialup internet or something out of their control. If you can't travel to a LAN, I guess your stuck using autos online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching @@Royal2 today, I wonder how many others would be amazing at Halo 5, but have dialup internet or something out of their control. If you can't travel to a LAN, I guess your stuck using autos online.

or work on that tongue flick game 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I posted this on my Twitter and at the risk of being seen as being too egotistical, I'm posting it here as well since I think it's very applicable.

Notice there's always an EXCUSE for why your team loses. Whether it be more LAN experience, more time together, luck, playing "poorly," etc. This holds true for those just starting to compete and those who have been in the scene for a decade. Never can a loss be accepted. My personal favorite? "We choked" -- as if that's a valid explanation or justification for losing to who you think is a lesser team.

Part of the reason there is always an excuse is because often to win in competitive environments you have to believe you are the best. Losing obviously shows that someone was better than you, so by making excuses (even as generic as 'we choked') you can maintain the idea you are the best and remain competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Glad to see that 1 random guy that said something negative gets more airtime than the other 30k posters on here. Shit is so obnoxious at this point.

What'd I miss?

• Upvote (+1) 1